• Tweets

• Hello, welcome to CAG. Thank you for supplying information early on, that's really helpful. People should be along to advise later but in the meantime, please don't appeal. You could end up outing the driver on the day - please don't tell us who it was - and make life more complicated. Best, HB
    • 1 Date of the infringement 02nd February 2024 2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 14th May 2024 PDF scan done Redacted and Attached 3 Date received 20th May 2024 4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Not that I can see 5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes? (Photo of my car entering at 23:34 on the PCN itself, and leaving at 23:57 only visible on the appeals site, but I don't see how parking for 23 minutes is against the rules anyway?) 6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No Have you had a response? [Y/N?] N/A 7 Who is the parking company? Met Parking Services 8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Southgate Park, Stansted (346) For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. POPLA Any advice is greatly appreciated. Many thanks. redacted parking charge.pdf
    • Slow down a bit, this will be OK.   You have another three days, yes?  Hopefully people will be along to advise later. HB  
    • Thank you All, i apologise for the lack of paragraphs  i'm new and unsure how to use this and cannot convert my photos of the forms  to pdf's sorry so i really don't know what do, was very stressed with everthing going on without his happening. i don't know if i should just plead guilty  online because i'm going to run out of time and worried. There's loads of forms  but it's mainly three options to plead guili don't y i want to attend court, guilty i don't want to attend court, Not guilty. and then two options to plead to the speeding offence and failure to give information. The another page for migation and others for details like earnings etc
    • We see quite a lot of our members receive a series of "Final Notices" . WE assume that it is to put the fear of God into you but after three or four it becomes a bit of a joke . But it is up to them if they want to waste time and money sending them out it is their prerogative. Maybe they themselves don't know what to do .  They have the choices of giving up, keep writing less and less scary letters or go to Court and become a laughing stock.  Anyone with even  half a brain would know what to do. Sadly Met doesn't seem to have anyone there who quite makes the half brain criteria.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Help needed Urgently Barclaycard/Mercers

gem77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4877 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Gem,

I'm not an expert, I'm sure Slick will comment in due course.

But if thats correct, then that should be ample grounds to dispute the account. You can claim the PPI, you need to find exactly how much,

Barclaycard will use 6 year limitation to prevent you claiming. The FOS are hot on PPI. So, I think you've got a good case to claim it back. Have you sent Barclaycard a SAR request for that account. Don't forget you can claim Interest with the PPI.

One other thing I noticed on the CCA is that I ticked that i wanted PPI but also stated that I was self employed but i know i definatley paid PPI for the first few years till i cancelled it. this was obviously longer than 6 years ago can You claim PPI back further than 6 years?
Edited by rebel11

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for your reply rebel. No I havent sent a Subject Access request for this account yet as I dont think i had any charges until the last few months when our financial situation changed and as they are still adding charges I thought id leave it for now. But now I have proof that they sold me PPI even when I didnt qualify for it I think I will send one as soon as. Just hope they can produce my statements way back to 1999.

Have no idea how much it will add upto as cant even remember how long I had it before I cancelled it. But I guess any amount will knock a bit off the debt.

Even though you can use s.32 Limitation Act 1980 to argue why you should be able to claim charges back beyond the normal 6 year limit, BC will only supply you with a/c data for 6 years from when you send a SAR. They will say they now destroy data older than 6 years.

The only way to get anything older is to take court action. See Webmaster's thread here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/206050-webby-barclaycard.html

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi gem,

You said you had PPI for a couple of years, I would just send the SAR, don't tell they why you want the info, and see what turns up, before you take court action. Remember they've got the Agreement that was dated 1999. If

you know roughly how much it was , you could maybe do some calculations, with interest to get a refund figure.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry not been on for a while. Bit hectic around here now the kids are on holiday.

I thought the same thing rebel if they have the agreement im sure they have the rest. I think I may have some old statements in the loft somewhere so gona try to dig the out.

Not sent a SAR yet as very short on funds due to my husband being made redundant last month which hasnt helped matters at all :(

I had to more letters from mercers the same as the last two and they phone about once a day at the moment so thankfully they seem to be getting the hint.

Thanks for all your advice guys and i will keep you posted. I will post up the agreement as soon as I can.

Gem77

Useful tip for the school hols........

Keep your kids entertained by sending them up into the loft with headlamps. Don't let them down until they've found all your old BC statements.

They'll LOVE it .................. ;)

:cool:

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

Today I have recieved a letter from Calders Financial, which after reading some threads I believe are yet another part of BC. It reads as follows:

A FINAL OFFER OF HELP

Your account with Barclaycard has been refered to us for collection for continued non payment of your account arrears.

However, Barclaycard have agreed we may offer you a repayment opportunity to avoid the need for further recovery activity.

1 - Our clients are prepared to accept 60% of your outstanding balance in full and final settlement of your debt.

Alternatively if this is not an option

2 - our clients will allow us to offer you a range of reduced payment options. Please call us on 0844 241 2579 to discuss.

We feel it is important to stress to you this is the final offer we can make before your account is closed and passed for debt recovery action. If this happens, the full balance will become due immediatley.

We really would prefer not to take this action and are confident that between us we can resolve this matter.

Colin Rogers

Collections Manager

So what should I reply to them? I am still paying them what I said I could afford but they are still adding interest and charges which I will claim back.

Gem

Hi Gem77,

My OH had a similar letter from Calders today offering the same discount, will be thinking about a suitable reply!

You have left an application reference on the application form.

It is difficult to read and they are supposed to supply you with an easily legible copy.

Hi Dotty,

Ooops didnt notice that. any ideas how I can remove it?

I have been trying to think how to reply so let me know if you come up with anything . I only wish I did have the 60% then I may have taken them up on it and get them off my back but as I dont not much I can do.:|

You should be able to remove the attachment or if not, just hit the triangle with the exclamation mark in it, that will alert one of the site team who will assist.

I wouldn't be tempted at 20%, that is until such time they produce a copy of an enforceable agreement!

Apart from the issue of legibility, I think the Prescribed Terms are on the reverse as required and the agreement may therefore be valid.

Other views would be welcome.

:-)

If so why haven't Barclaycard sent the reverse of the documents, if thats what they have sent then thats what they have got. Having read thousands of threads it's the first time I've seen that. You could say that about every single document ever posted on these forums.

Apart from the issue of legibility, I think the Prescribed Terms are on the reverse as required and the agreement may therefore be valid.

Other views would be welcome.

:-)

If so why haven't Barclaycard sent the reverse of the documents, if thats what they have sent then thats what they have got. Having read thousands of threads it's the first time I've seen that. You could say that about every single document ever posted on these forums.

Well it does look as though it is the reverse of the document, if you look at the lines and the bit in the top left hand corners.

I just can't read it, Slick you must have very good eyesight!:-)

I think Slick is refering to the back of the application form. Further to the two documents that have been scanned.

Well it does look as though it is the reverse of the document, if you look at the lines and the bit in the top left hand corners.

I just can't read it, Slick you must have very good eyesight!:-)

I think Slick is refering to the back of the application form. Further to the two documents that have been scanned.

Sorry not with you. :confused:

I meant that page 2 of the scanned document does appear to be the reverse of page 1, you can actually see parts of the front through page 2.

Thanks for taking a look at that for me guys. Typical that mine appears to be one of the only valid ones :sad:

At least I still have the proof that they miss sold me PPI right there on the application form.:-)

I think BC have COPIES (not the original) of the credit agreement/application. The reasons for saying this are:-

1. The 2 copies are stapled together and would not be if they were front and back of one original document.

2. At the top of the 2nd page, you can see through to the top of the 1st page where the heading says "Pre-approved Application". If they had the original, the heading of the front page would be visible on the 2nd page in reverse.

I cannot read all of the T&C's but I can see they include at least some, if not all, of the Prescribed Terms.

Edited by slick132
typo

Hi gem77,

Just wanted to let you know I'm in a similar situation with my Goldfish CCA. Mine is from a month or so before yours. The first page is a little different, mostly just a different layout with the same content. The second page is the same on first read through, just with a different reference code in the bottom right corner.

As others have mentioned on here, I do wonder if BC have the original documents from that era. Judging by the poor quality of the copies we've got, I believe they are prints from scanned/archived copies rather than photocopies. Fancy calling their bluff? 8-)

Hi Capuccinmonkey,

I am pleased there is someone else out there who has the same situation with the cca as me. Thought I may be the only one!

Does it matter then wether they have the original or just a scanned copy? I thought it wouldn't make any difference as its still a copy of the original showing my signiture etc.