Help needed Urgently Barclaycard/Mercers

gem77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4874 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Gem,

I suggest you remove the letter posted above or at least hide the amount being demanded. :-)

All you need do is write to DML saying:-

Dear Sir or Madam,

DML Ref No: xxxx xxxx

I refer to your letter of 2nd November.

I wrote to you on xxdate advising you that this account is in dispute and I am awaiting data from Barclaycard which they must supply.

Until the dispute with Barclaycard is resolved, you should not contact me further seeking any payments.

If you contact me further before the dispute is resolved, I will make formal complaints to the relevant bodies including, but not limited to, the FOS citing breach of the OFT Debt Collection Guidelines Sections 2.8(i) and 2.8(k).

Yours faithfully,

Stay calm and deal with this, one step at a time.

Use your time while waiting for the SAR data to read up on reclaiming charges and PPI, and getting back the max possible by claiming interest in restitution.

8-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you so much Slick will get that off right away. I have taken off the amount from the letters dont know why I kept it on to be honest my head is not working properly today.

Slick really is my knight in shining armour. Whenever I try to write letters lately my mind just goes blank and i try to scour the site for some ideas and templates but the forums are so big now they are hard to find.

I am already familiar with claiming charges as claimed back my hubbys about 4 years ago but not so sure on ppi so will be doing some reasearch on this and deffinatley relating to interest as I think that is what will bump it up to a nice amount being it goes back to 1999.

Thanks laalinz and Slick for always being here for me. xxx

:lol: know what you mean laalinz :lol:

Right letter written and printed now gona do my letter for optima for mbna who kindly CPR18 me back, then too the post office to post them both and hope I hear no more from them all for a few weeks.

Hi Gem,

If you want to claim interest in restitution, it has a greater benefit the further your charges or PPI go back. Read the Interest Tutorial at Link No3 in my signature (which is now working again).

The only thing is, BC will only provide data going back 6 years. If you want to reclaim older charges, you need the data from your old statements.

No rocking in corners please - not on my shift !! lol :lol:

8-)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Once again you guys have put a smile back on my face :-D And I promise Slick no rocking:lol:

Will have a read of the link over the next few days when I can grab a few hours to myself with no distractions, to digest it properly.

Now for a good nights sleep now i am feeling a little more at ease.

Document removed from post on previous page.

:-)

Thanks Slick. :-)

Hi Dotty. No I didnt either. But the only ones that have edit on the bottom are the ones I have just wrote confused me a bit but then thats not hard at the moment. lol

I'm not sure that you are time-limited to edit posts.

If you hit EDIT, then GO ADVANCED. Scroll down and I think you'll find the MANAGE ATTACHMENTS button.

You can only remove an attachment and replace it - you can't edit a document.

8-)

• 1 month later...

Hi All. sorry its been a while. had rather a hectic time of things. I recieved my cca request but sure enough only went to 6 years and low and hold the very first statement has ppi but not the rest so I obviously cancelled it 6 years ago. What should be my plan of action now? is there a letter to send saying I want more than 6 years? I have not heard anything since the cca request thankfully they have been quiet but i am sure it wont last long and the letters will start piling through the door again!

Hi Gem,

Firstly, re EDTING posts, this can only be done by you up to 24 hours after the original post is made. Beyond that, you don't have a facility to edit older stuff. If it's important, REPORT a post using the black triangle in the bottom LH corner of each post and the team will edit as necessary.

You may be able to get some older statements using "Non-Compliance after SAR" action. See the Library and check out the letter warning of court action, and how to take that action.

This isn't an easy process and you may only get back minimal further data. However, any older PPI or penalty charges will carry significantly higher compound interest benefits.

Do the statements show many penalty charges.

8)

Hi Slick. just under £200 so not a great deal. the one ppi was for £40 though so there must be quite a few more of those dating back from beyond 6 years. Will have a look at the library again and see what I can find.

Thanks again.

Reclaim the PPI and the penalties with compound interest in restitution but make a separate claim for the PPI.

8)

• 4 weeks later...

Of interest when the court wants your evidence (court bundle). Taken from another thread:-

A BC case for PPI was lost yesterday and we should always try and learn from experience or mistakes.

See here about including, in your court bundle, case law for :-

1. Section 32© Limitation Act 1980 re claiming beyond 6 years - Kleinwort Benson v Lincoln City Council.

2. Claiming interest in restitution - Sempra Metals v Inland Revenue Commissioners.

Google either case and you should find a summary. Eg for the Sepra case :-

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sou..._XYE-HiuXVsRgA

and

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sou...GhFnoz1Hq6wJGQ