Paid £400 for clamp release no warrant served/WON!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5060 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

[quote=Paladine;2983667

- hopefully this will change their practices in future so others don't go through the same situation I was put through.

A great result for yourself - I don't doubt they'll more than make it up by screwing someone else.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes I was aware of the case and cited it in the letter before action. I decided not to argue over the visit charge as even though the bailiff did not come to my house the vehicle was parked just a few meters from my front door and had I paid the fine on time there would have been no visit required. So in order to keep the discussions amicable and resolve the issue on good terms I have accepted liability for the visit.

The fact that they paid my loss of earnings without dispute was to me a clear indication that they realised they were at fault and were taking the responsible action to resolve the matter.

I was very angry at the situation and after reading a number of threads in this forum I can see that in general bailiffs behave as if they are above the law - but at the same time it was my responsibility to pay the ticket on time so both parties were at fault in this situation.

I am satisfied with the outcome and hope my action empowers others to stand up for their rights in future.

Excellent letter from you and delighted to hear that we have a bailiff company that has COMMON SENSE !!

This won't change their practices at all. Bailiffs almost always overcharge and then refund when they have to.

A solicitor friend of mine says he's never seen such an industry out of control and that for those that stand up to them and get refunded there are many, many more that don't.

The bailiffs are onto a good thing, and they know it!