:( please help me - caught using gfs student oyester

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4666 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am someone who is totally new to forums and i'm here because i am seeking help. I am sorry in advance for taking your time but i am in desperate need of help.

here's what happened to me.. .

on friday 28th i have mistakenly picked up my girlfriend's student oyester card. i was running late for work. i only realised this when i gt to southfields station that i had her oyester. i decided that it was going to be a 'one-off' and since i was late for work i decided to use it. this was my bigest mistake!! :( what happened next is only predictable. i was stopped by a tfl inspector on my way back from work at west ham station. i explained to him that i took it by mistake.we both have the same oyster wallet. the inspector carried on wrtting and didn't let me explain myself further. he never asked me to sign anything just took my name and address (i gave my mum's address and told him that im looking to move out so it's better for correspondence) and gave me a number to report my gfs card lost. i did ask him about criminal record etc to which he said i wont get one (this was confusing??) but after reading tfl info i realised it is a criminal offence.

my own registered oyester card was mistakenly left at home. i top up regularly as a 7 day travelcard to travel from zone 1 - 3. the worst thing is i had my card topped up ready to go even on that day. i can show proof that it was topped up regularly through bank statements (even had credit on 28th friday) and i have requested mine and my girlfrend'stravel history (statements) from tfl during the past 8 weeks. this can prove that we have made different journeys over the past 8 weeks or if they can check this over the past months.

i am very scared about the criminal record because i work as a teacher and having a criminal conviction would jeoprdize my career. now i do know that i decided to carry on using even after i realised it was my gfs and i have no excuses for this. i was totally wrong to do so. it was a very stupid mistake. i have never commited any offences before and it is my first time. i am awaiting a letter from the prossecution dept. i totally admit it is my own fault and i am willing to pay any costs, fine for my offence, to settle outside court as long as i dont get a criminal record :( is there anyway of settling outside the courts? how do i go about doing it?

your help will be greatly appreciated. many many thanks.

hi conniff

well he opened the oyster card wallet and he saw my gfs student oyster in there. i told him we have the same oyster wallet. obviously he didnt believe me. i ve only used it because i was late to work. that was my big mistake:(

read a few of the other threads in this forum

all will become clear

best practice is write and grovel and offer to pay costs etc.

that way you will not get a record

no big deal

it was a genuine mistook

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yes?:grin:

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

read a few of the other threads in this forum

all will become clear

best practice is write and grovel and offer to pay costs etc.

that way you will not get a record

no big deal

it was a genuine mistook

dx

thank you dx100uk (sorry if this message appears many times)

im pretty sure ill get first a letter to confirm that it was me who commited the offence, then a letter from prosecution asking for my plea, for which i will say i am guilty, but i dont want to attend court and would like to settle this by paying a fine. the lenghty wait for court hearings would increase the stress and thats the last thing you want when you are a teacher.

no write to them now

pre-empt it.

offer to pay now/grovel

the letter texts is in sev threads.

dx

dx

and they

thanks dx

i will start writting a letter now. the only thing is i dont have their addresses or contact details so shall i wait for the letter first? in th mean time shall i gather some evidences e.g. bank statements showing weekly payments for my oystercard, journey statement from tfl (which im still wating for, the operator said it would take upto 72 hrs to recieve it), proof that im a teacher etc. what do you think?

thank you SRPO. ill start doing that straight away:). i have found in this forum the contact details of Tim Caig who is the prosecution support manager. according to the thread he is very helpful. I'm thinking of contacting him directly through email first then phone call etc. i might be an unknown case at the moment (no ref number etc.) since it takes time to put together cases .. he would be dealing with 100s of cases at the mo. would you advise me to wait till i recieve the first letter or shall i just start contacting him straight away just giving my name and explaining my situation? he might also wonder where i got his details from..

thanks

tnx srpo

:D

dx

and they

• 1 year later...
Have you recieved a letter from TFL yet? if yes, what did they say?

I am in a similar situation, wanted more info.

Thanks

Hi Mattrix, start a new thread in a similar vein, your first post should give as much detail of journies made, questioning, letters received etc, you should get some more detailed advice!