Im going on holiday !!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5101 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:D

Finally getting a long deserved break away to the Lake district in 50 days :smile:

Cottages in Lindale Cumbria, for Cottages South Lakes try Lonsdale Cottages

This is where we are heading, and I wondered if anyone has been to the area and can recommend things to do for me.

Hubby is quite happy getting dirty by quad biking etc, but I want something more relaxing.

Hope you get some decent weather maz.

Pass some of it over our house on your way past.

Thank You:D

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Woooooooo!!!! Enjoy yourself (without being too dirty ;)) :D

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

Hi there, I go to the lake district twice a year and absolutely love it (even in the middle of winter). If you drive up to Newby Bridge at the bottom of Lake Windermere you can get on a boat which will take you all the way up the lake to Ambleside and back again. You can also take a short steam train journey from Newby Bridge.

If you drive to Coniston there is a famous Steam Gondola boat which takes you around the lake.

There is also a lovely drive over the Wrynose/Hardnott pass Wrynose Pass, Cumbria

There's endless things to see and do - you'll love it :)

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I feel that I must Issue a warning here:

A couple I know went for a long weekend break in the lake district last winter. The husband got killed in a tragic boating accident and the wife has been charged with his murder. She has also been framed by her cellmate and her two sons are suspected of bribing a witness.

So just be careful!

I feel that I must Issue a warning here:

A couple I know went for a long weekend break in the lake district last winter. The husband got killed in a tragic boating accident and the wife has been charged with his murder. She has also been framed by her cellmate and her two sons are suspected of bribing a witness.

So just be careful!

Actually, I witnessed this incident woody but the Police will not take a statement from me:cry:. It was as you said just a tragic accident and the poor girl was nowhere near him when he died.

:p

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Have a great time mazbck. I originally come fromt the Lake District and love to take ASBO there when its quiet. There are loads to see and do. Have a look on Trip Advisor...I'm sure you will find something :) JB

Well I would be made up for peace and quiet, a good book, 200 fags and a case of wine to be consumed in the garden on a lounger ! :D What do they say about simple minds.....................