Newbie - Settling out of Court

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4870 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

PT

I just googled Egg Mold County Court and there it was - the top entry - elementary really :wink:- as others who try will soon understand.

I see the full judgement was published on 10 Sept and is downloadable.

Will we able to see KLG's case in public domain in a few weeks too?

Thanks again

BD

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i am currently looking at getting the judgment transcribed, but i am unsure how long that will take

there are plenty of cases we are winning though, the thing is of course i cannot attach them to messages on this site, so i take that to mean that my help is not wanted by those who run the forum

accordingly i have provided some of the wins elsewhere, where they are welcomed and accepted ;)

PT

OK - thanks for the pointers. It's a bit frustrating how much detective work we've got to do to unearth helpful info nowadays.:???:

If we're going to have to act like Sherlock Holmes then we definitely do need to have good Watsons to help us! :wink:

BD

PS - Do you know if the Brandon v Amex case is being appealed?

PPS - Are you able to say whether the Egg Mold case is going to be appealed?

Edited by Bigdebtor

PT

Thanks for the info. Whilst I am an admirer of Columbo I don't care for most American lawmen and would ensure I didn't make such a mistake. I much prefer the methods and ability of British detectives and their learned assistants.

I have just read the whole 49 paragraphs of the transcript of Brandon (got it through Google and available on another site) and am dumbfounded at what I regard as pretty twisted logic by the Judge - clearly on the Establishment side - you borrowed the money so you must pay it back you horrible little person!

However he then ignores the OFT (establishment?) guidance on charges over £12 being generally unfair and accepted Amex could charge £25 just because they said they could do so in their T&C's!

He also thought it inconceivable that Amex would make any errors in their Agreements after 36 years' experinece of the CCA 1974 - then regarded the clear errors in their DN as unimportant and excusable!

I also saw nothing about a dodgy DN prohibiting any termination of an agreement or allowing a 2nd DN to be issued because the termination was deemed "unterminated" as the TN was invalid - if so it seems to be OK to ignore unvalid DN's - but if it suits the OC to use them to make the TN invalid then that's quite OK.

I was about to comment on this in more detail on Pinky69's thread - but see it has been closed by the powers that be. :???:

Can anyone point me to an active thread where this vital discussion is (or might be) now discussed on this site?

BD

Sorry to hi jack KLG' s thread - but don't know where else to post such thoughts currently.

Edited by Bigdebtor
typos (too worked up/excited!)

what they dont show you, is the judgment of HHJ Rutherford also sitting as a Judge of the High Court.

Judge Rutherford took a different view than Denyer QC and also, Rutherford is a Civil Judge and Denyer is a Crown Judge

Hi BD any chance of getting to see that Brandon transcript please?

Not sure how I would get you a copy - but if you google Brandon v Amex it will be available on the first two items - from other sites, but can be copied into your own Adobe files easily - you don't need to be members of these sites.

Let me know if this doesn't work for you.

BD

• Confused 1

what they dont show you, is the judgment of HHJ Rutherford also sitting as a Judge of the High Court.

Judge Rutherford took a different view than Denyer QC and also, Rutherford is a Civil Judge and Denyer is a Crown Judge

PT

Can you tell us what to google to get these views or judgements too? Which flavour:-) of judge is "higher"?

BD

Thanks PT, that's very interesting!

BD, I believe that a civil judge is familiar with civil matters such as CCA disputes whereas a crown judge deals with criminal matters. I'll welcome correction if I've got that wrong :-)

If that's correct it makes sense that a crown judge ended up with such a twisted view of the CCA provisions and why the civil judge held another (more informed view) that his learned friend was 'off his box'.

I dont think the judgments are available ,

But beating cabot is not hard, if you have the right tools and resources at your disposal.

We keep plugging away but thats now two cases in as many weeks that have been won, and a few more now in the pipeline

I have that all the time, pt! Sometimes the system tries to double post, sometimes it no-posts, sometimes it just falls over. Alerts to subscribed threads for new posts sometimes come in batches a few hours late. Sometimes get alerts when there’s nothing new. Still teething, perhaps.

I have that all the time, pt! Sometimes the system tries to double post, sometimes it no-posts, sometimes it just falls over. Alerts to subscribed threads for new posts sometimes come in batches a few hours late. Sometimes get alerts when there’s nothing new. Still teething, perhaps.

I get the same DB and if I was the paranoid type I might be worried. But I'm not :)

DCAs, CRAs, banks etc. are all out to get us anywhichway 8-)

Very true BB, and I think that is what they have been doing before the Dinosaurs ruled the earth, only problem is that I bet they never thought that we would find a way of getting them back!!!!!!!!!

BECAUSE TWO CAN PLAY AT THAT GAME!!!!!!!!!!

Just will take us a little longer that's all :madgrin:!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...
:violin:

Hi all - is there any more information on the above won case by PT?

On what basis was the case won, improperly executed agreement, illegible agreement, lacking T&C ect - any info would be very helpful.

tia

its hard to say due to confidentiality issues, but there was non compliance with s78, there was a material deficiency in the terms and conditions produced, both the original ones and current ones

the current ones post dated the assignment, which was not possible

that is all i can really say