• Tweets

• Hello, Just to check I understand things right, he moved to a nursing home, you then kept paying the rent for a period of time whilst you sorted his belongings. You have asked to give notice and asked for backdated payments of rent from when you first asked which went ignored? They are still taking rent payments.   Have I understood correct?   If I've got anything wrong please correct me.
    • I contacted Sanctury housing in August 2023 after informing them my father in law who had Dementia had moved into a Nursing home December 2022. We kept the flat for 8 months until such a time we could accomodate some of his furniture that my wife wanted to keep. I contacted them in August 2023 to let them know the situation by email as I was the named person that could speak on his behalf. I informed them that we had left it to late for POT and were seeing a solicitor for Deputyship of his financies. I asked them what information would they need in order to give notice on the flat and we could provide details of his condition and nursing home. This went ignored I left it a month and then called them October 2023. I was promised a call back from a manager over the next few days. This never happened and it was end of November when I contacted them again and they had no record of me calling them. I explained the email and again I was told the local manager to the area would call me. This never happened and I ended up emailing them in January 2024 with a copy of the email from August. Again this went ignored and I had explained to them that we couldn't just go to the bank and stop the DD as we had tried. This email again went ignored. I then had a letter written to our home address in February asking us to get in contact with them (local manager) as they were concerend nobody was living in the flat. He had an email address so I copied in the last 2 emails to say I had been trying to give notice since August 2023. I also stated that I would like the rent that was paid from August 2023 refunded back to his account as I had officially tried to give notice then and it went ignored. He replied to us about wanting to look at the flat then notice could be given once he had contacted the nursing home to confirm he was actually living there now. Notice was giving for the 22 March 2024 and this would be when rent would stop and no further payment would be taken by this point. The fact I asked to be back dated went ignored. I have since noticed on 2 banks statement for April and May that they are still taking Rent payments of £501 from his bank. Further to this which seems very strange. He was with Eon Next for his utility bill again we were having problems getting this stopped as they needed a named person on his account which there wasn't one despite me managing his online account for him. I didn't check the email address that often that I used to set it up and went to check as noticed the credit he had built up with not living there was all getting refunded in February. The email said £600 would be refunded to his account with a (sorry you are leaving us message) but how can he leave as nobody but himself had access to speak with them. I also noticed the lady in the flat above him had a letter from her bank sent to his address with his address details but his name which was dated 4th March well before we had given notice and it said (thank you for giving us your new address details) we have set all this up for your account.   So Sanctuary housing must have been aware he wasn't living there from the ignored emails for the lady above to start changing address details to move into his flat before the housing manager had even got in contact to ask if anyone was living there. What I basically want to know his do we have any legal standing to claim the rent back from when I first contacted them in August 2023? There is roughly £3000 to come back  
    • lowell letter = we've mugged you once - why are you not paying this other debt....😎
    • i see you are posting this all over the internet too. here you say it was returned by the safety camera dept UK, Wales Returned NIP Nov23 - Heard Nothing - Now It's been returned as refused and have SJPN Form. Help please? WWW.FTLA.UK UK, Wales Returned NIP Nov23 - Heard Nothing - Now It's been returned as refused and have SJPN Form. Help please?  
    • I see what you mean. I will wait till the 8 weeks is up and then take it up with FOS. Before I do will be on with some more details on the SAR. Thank you once again. 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

THE Election - Made your mind up yet ??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5090 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Why wold the poor need to fly? They'll have no money for frivulous things like holidays :p

LOL, no, I mean those that can just afford to as cheap air travel opened up the skies to many more millions of passengers. Those working classes maybe that float around the level at which every penny counts might be affected (amongst other changes going on?) I don't know - just guessing out loud.

We will need to fly all of those Johnny foreigners (who are over here taking all of our jobs) back home.

Back home with you, worm!! :D

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I agree with 99.9% of what bookie says on this thread... one little thing I want to point out tho just to keep things balanced

Both the big parties do this. If you look at how many voters it takes to get a seat, the Labour party only needed 33,000 and the conservatives needed 35,000. Both of the big parties keep the "constituency map" drawn in their favor when they get voted in. How else can the lib dems have had 1% higher proportion of votes than the previous election and lost 5 seats? Just to add, to vote a lib dem into a seat it took 120,000 votes! And the "political reform" they are so keen on talking about still means if you live in a stronghold and you want to vote against the trend, your vote is worthless!

Yes, you're absolutely right. It's just that with the 55% barnacle-to-side-of-ship change as it is, it seems somewhat of an overkill. :razz:

No, you sponge, it's only for us wot we're real foreigners like.

Sadly, the demise of the BNP in the election :-D :-D :-D means that this bonus is no longer on the table. On the other hand, it means that neither is the BNP, so it's not all bad news. :-D :-D :-D

Meanwhile, back to the Queen's speech (well, not really hers, written for her by the government for her to read), in more simple words:

"Schools to be able to opt out of local authority control by applying for academy status and receiving their funding directly" - Privatisation.

"Private sector allowed to buy shares in the Post Office." - Privatisation.

"Moves to drive investment in airport facilities for passengers and cut regulation and bureaucracy" - I'm not 100% sure, but it does seem to point towards privatising security/passport control?

"Labour’s planned one per cent National Insurance rise will go ahead for employees but not employers" - Employees get clobbered, but not the employers. So much for the indignant "tax on jobs" they so decried before the election.

"Corporation tax rates reduced and simplified over five years" - More tax breaks for the very wealthy.

"Transfer of City supervision powers to Bank of England" - Even less powers to crackdown on the banks, and no mention of cutting down bonuses or tackling the iniquitous charges system. Instead, the B of E will "supervise", but whether it will be able to enforce anything is another matter. Looks like the banks will be left to self-regulate again, and we know how well THAT worked in the past.

"Continued commitment to working with Afghan government to deliver lasting security and stability" - No pulling out of the troops any time soon, if ever.

"Constituency maps redrawn to reduce number of MPs and make seats a similar size" - Just in case the 55% is not enough, let's make sure Labour safe seats are wiped out altogether.

"A ‘fairer and simpler’ tax and benefits system" - Nothing more said, but the real worry is that "fairer and simpler" will mean major cuts all around, with a system where either you tick all the boxes and you get the benefits or you don't and you get turned down.

"Welfare Reform Bill to better encourage people to return to work" - IB claimants to be assessed by ATOS and if declared fit for work, switched to JSA instead of IB.

And did anyone see anything about repelling the bailiffs' extended powers so touted before the election? No? didn't think so.

Summary: If you are already filthy rich, the ConDem will look after you.

If you're poor, who cares anyway? :-(:-(:-(

Bookie......For God's sake.....Just give them a chance!!!!!!

Signed..

A Hole

and

I Diot

We did warn them.:rolleyes:

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

I commented yesterday on a thread which claimed loudly before the election that DC had "vowed" to repel the increased powers for bailiffs law, and which, 2 weeks on, are realising that no such thing is happening. I went on and did say "I told you so", only to be told that I "gave up too easily"!!! :razz: Ah, ok then. :-|

I'll tell you way they can save a lot of money in the Benefits System. Stop sending out pointless letters that have 1 page with information on it, and then about 5-6 practically blank pages with no information on them at all. They could save a fortune on envelopes, paper, ink, electric to print them and of course postage.

Since I came out of work, I have received a multitude of letters that they didn't need to send out. All useless:confused:.

The problem here is that ATOS (whom perform the medicals on behalf of the DWP) are a private company. And just like a wheel clamping outfit, the more wheels clamped, the greater the company revenue. So therefore, the more peeps that get passed as fit for work, the more money they receive. Whether they appeal and win or not, ATOS couldn't give A TOS because they have already been paid.

Out of 170,000 ATOS assesments, 135,000+ were declared fit for work. Although in March this year they were told they had to pay more attention to Mental Health Issues, they seem to have ignored that. The reason I know this is because I myself attended one of those assessments last Monday and they never give a second thought to the mental issues I have. I also have a physical disability (enlarged heart), but I will not know how much that can affect work until I have been to hospital for needed tests.

The assessors (although they call themselves doctors) have not got the necessary knowledge to determine most cases. It's ridiculous. I could go on, but why bother. I think the DWP are just hoping that not everyone will appeal so they will save money that way.

What gets me the most is the fact that I have seen 4 different GP's, a professor and a consultant who all say that I am not fit to work at the moment, yet ATOS will tell the DWP that I am.

Ridiculous:mad:

I know everyones case is individual and different, but they need to radically change the way they do things.

That is so scary. :-(

I was with a chap with autism at his IB assessment last year (first they stopped his benefits THEN said he had to go for an assessment) t omake sure he didn't get railroaded, and just as well, as the questions are absolutely not geared towards something like autism. If I hadn't been there to stop him and get him to re-ask the question, the poor lad wouldn't have stood a chance. For example: "are you at college now?" "No", says the lad. Tick in the box. Me: "errr, excuse me? May I?" Turning to the lad: "why aren't you at college now?" Him: "It's the school holidays".... Dr stares at him, startes at me, changes the tick. *sigh* And so it went on.

One thing I can say is that with the introduction of the Autism Bill, ATOS are going to find themselves of breach of it very quickly if they don't start adapting their questionnaires, and that's good.

But what of all those with mental health issues who won't be protected by a specific like the Autism Bill? :-(

It is scary, scary, scary. :-(

Very scary Bookie, and thank you to the other 2 above you:p. It's a good job I know this site, and it did take me a long time to get the courage to start a thread in the benefits forum. If you were to read it, you would understand why. But luckily I am getting a lot of support and positive feedback to get me through this.

The reason I really didn't want to start a thread is because I don't want anyone phoning the men in the white coats on me.:confused: