THE Election - Made your mind up yet ??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5072 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

"Eaxctly" is going to be a tricky one to name them all... Let's try all the people in Africa dying of AIDS because he forbids the use of condoms. For starters. He may no be wielding the knife himself, but as head of state, the bucks stops with him.

I think that's a wee bit tenuous to say the least. You could use the same argument here over people refused life-saving drugs. The buck stops with the Prime Minster over the use of public money. Does that make every British Prime Minister a murderer?

I know it's not quite as simple as this, but this is a religion we're talking about and people can choose to follow it or not.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Eaxctly" is going to be a tricky one to name them all... Let's try all the people in Africa dying of AIDS because he forbids the use of condoms. For starters. He may no be wielding the knife himself, but as head of state, the bucks stops with him.

Did you say, Condoms or Condems?

What an astonishing comment to make on the, worldwide web!

I think that may have been tongue-in-cheek AC.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

Well, lets turn this on it's head a little... Why wont Pope Benedict XVI talk to the autorities over his alleged cover-up of sexual abuse in the Catholic church?

Oh, and just in case anyone missed this fact; the invitation was extended by Gordon Brown.
I personally don't care who invited him, I just think he needs to face justice.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

I think that's a wee bit tenuous to say the least. You could use the same argument here over people refused life-saving drugs. The buck stops with the Prime Minster over the use of public money. Does that make every British Prime Minister a murderer?

I know it's not quite as simple as this, but this is a religion we're talking about and people can choose to follow it or not.

Fred

It is not tenuous at ALL!!! :shock:

Exactly, it IS a religion we're talking about, and unlike a prime minister whose edicts are NOT laws, what the Pope says IS the word of God for practising catholics. If he says "no condoms", then it means that a good catholic doesn't use them. Simple as.

Far from tenuous, it is the largest cause of AIDS failing to be contained and it lies exclusively at the feet of the catholic church and therefore the Pope.

It is not tenuous at ALL!!! :shock:

Exactly, it IS a religion we're talking about, and unlike a prime minister whose edicts are NOT laws, what the Pope says IS the word of God for practising catholics. If he says "no condoms", then it means that a good catholic doesn't use them. Simple as.

Far from tenuous, it is the largest cause of AIDS failing to be contained and it lies exclusively at the feet of the catholic church and therefore the Pope.

[edited by me]

Is the spread of AIDS caused by people having sex outside marriage?

Edited by Fred Bassett

[edited by me]

Is the spread of AIDS caused by people having sex outside marriage?

:

It is now generally accepted that HIV is a descendant of a Simian Immunodeficiency Virus because certain strains of SIVs bear a very close resemblance to HIV-1 and HIV-2, the two types of HIV.

HIV-2 for example corresponds to SIVsm, a strain of the Simian Immunodeficiency Virus found in the sooty mangabey (also known as the White-collared monkey), which is indigenous to western Africa.

The more virulent, pandemic strain of HIV, namely HIV-1, was until recently more difficult to place. Until 1999, the closest counterpart that had been identified was SIVcpz, the SIV found in chimpanzees. However, this virus still had certain significant differences from HIV.

Not forgetting also that, we live in a multi-cultural society of all faiths and creeds.

Very important to be tolerant of all faiths, whether you believe or, Not!

As for labelling the 'Pope' as a murderer, that is preposterous.

Booky, does love the word 'Condom' and it impication(s) LOL?

Or brainwashed from a very early age.

I think all religion sucks.

I wouldn't quite agree, but some people can take it too far.

A long time ago I worked in a pub on the river in Hammersmith. The Landlord was an Irishman who used to bring lads over from Belfast to work and he housed them too. This was at the height of 'The Troubles'. Every night after we had cleared up, we used to have a couple of pints and a game of pool. One night, one of the Belfast lads asked me what religion I was. I replied that I wasn't really sure (I wasn't either because it was no big thing in my house). He turned to his mate and said "see what I mean?". When I asked him what he was on about he told me that where they came from you could get shot for giving the wrong answer, whereas in England nobody gave a stuff.

That little episode still makes me think and I doubt that I'll ever fully understand the significance of religion in some people's lives.

That's why I find it so hard to understand why people can't say "sod the Pope, I'm using a condom". Perhaps Bookie is right, much as I hate to say it.

Fred

The origin of AIDS and HIV has puzzled scientists ever since the illness first came to light in the early 1980s. For over twenty years it has been the subject of fierce debate and the cause of countless arguments, with everything from a promiscuous flight attendant to a suspect vaccine programme being blamed. So what is the truth? Just where did AIDS come from?

The first recognised cases of AIDS occurred in the USA in the early 1980s (more about this period can be found on our History of AIDS page). A number of gay men in New York and California suddenly began to develop rare opportunistic infections and cancers that seemed stubbornly resistant to any treatment. At this time, AIDS did not yet have a name, but it quickly became obvious that all the men were suffering from a common syndrome.

Spoken like a true Catholic.

Booky, does love the word 'Condom' and it impication(s) LOL?

Do I? :-? Ok, if you say so... :-? *

*if someone knows what she means, please explain it to me, because I have NO idea!!!

Huh??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Don't be confused. What I'm getting at here is that if the spread of AIDS is caused by sex outside of Marriage, then why are people ignoring one papal edict but adhering to another one?

Anyway, I've since, begrudgingly, almost, partially, somewhat, with gritted teeth, very reluctantly, much though it pains me, nearly agreed with you on something.

Fred

I wouldn't quite agree, but some people can take it too far.

A long time ago I worked in a pub on the river in Hammersmith. The Landlord was an Irishman who used to bring lads over from Belfast to work and he housed them too. This was at the height of 'The Troubles'. Every night after we had cleared up, we used to have a couple of pints and a game of pool. One night, one of the Belfast lads asked me what religion I was. I replied that I wasn't really sure (I wasn't either because it was no big thing in my house). He turned to his mate and said "see what I mean?". When I asked him what he was on about he told me that where they came from you could get shot for giving the wrong answer, whereas in England nobody gave a stuff.

That little episode still makes me think and I doubt that I'll ever fully understand the significance of religion in some people's lives.

That's why I find it so hard to understand why people can't say "sod the Pope, I'm using a condom". Perhaps Bookie is right, much as I hate to say it.

Fred

Yes, the troubles in Ireland and Eira; Republic of, have been shockingly sad:(

by Fred Basset:

That's why I find it so hard to understand why people can't say "sod the Pope, I'm using a condom".

Many RC's do in the UK, Fred.

Again, their choice!

I think rape of children in South Africa (and other African countries) probably has more to do with the spread of Aids than the Pope banning condoms.

And, as AC says, many practising Catholics do use contraception in the UK and their priests know about it.

It's well documented that in African countries men do not want to use condoms, and Aids wouldn't be spread about so much if they kept it in their trousers. Please don't say that they are soooo concerned about what the Pope thinks of their not using condoms.

PM me your address AC, I will send you some of my medication.:D

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Oh, just another thought:

I've never seen one of these UK women who has an enormous number of children, gets an enormous house, demands an even bigger one, and gets so much money in benefits that they can afford four wide-screen televisions, wiis, gameboys, and so on, say that she has all these children because she can't use contraception because she's "a practising Catholic".

Don't be confused. What I'm getting at here is that if the spread of AIDS is caused by sex outside of Marriage, then why are people ignoring one papal edict but adhering to another one?

Anyway, I've since, begrudgingly, almost, partially, somewhat, with gritted teeth, very reluctantly, much though it pains me, nearly agreed with you on something.

Fred

LOL, so graciously done... :razz:

But, just in case you were still wondering, remember that in quite a few countries, systematic rape of the women is an additional way of subjugating the enemy. Woman gets infected by rapist, passes it on to unborn child(ren), infects non-condom wearing husband, dies. Husband remarries, infects next woman, who infects unborn child(ren) etc, etc... Multiply the problem by thousands and thousands.... :-(

And before anyone says the above scenario is ludicrous, I am deeply sorry to say that it is not. I'm sure people have consensual non marital sex all over the world, whatever their religion. But the matter of systematic rape and subsequent endemic AIDS infections is a matter of record.