• Tweets

• Just to check one thing before filing the defence. They have no legal representative - right? I'm referring to the two "boxes" on the top left-hand side of the claim form.  Both show Parking Eye, right?
    • Your case is not looking too good at this stage. Not helped by the car park not appearing on Google Street view.  Interesting that UKPC seem to think that Walcot Yard is off Walcot Road when it is off Walcot Street. Part of Walcot Yard has the postcode BA1 5DW which is a building called North Range. You would have to find out where in Bath they would know the specific post code for the car park there since if it were the 5DW ending you may be able to claim that you weren't in BA1 5BG Walcot yard, Walcot Road, but BA1 5DW Walcot yard, Walcot Street.  But probably the main help would come from the site manager. A  written statement from him explaining the informal situation with the land owner or better still  finding out who the land owner is  and contacting them might help. though getting UKPC to cancel at this late stage will be next to impossible. I see they are trying to scam you out of £70 or is £60? 1. £160 being the total of the PCN(s) and damages. Amount Claimed ~170 Either way in this case the Judge threw out the whole case-please read it and understand it as you may be questioned on   G4QZ465V EXCEL V WILKINSON. Also please write to UKPC asking if the £60  charge includes vat and if it does, does it include vat and why should you be paying their vat. And what are the damages you caused? There may be other arguments you can raise when you receive their WS though they are often sent late to make it difficult to add to your WS. Time is of the essence though for some of the items above. their is no speed limit, now will do. 🙂
    • Thank you  FTM Dave. I am happy to fight them and not pay the £60/£100. I would be grateful if you can advise next steps I need to take on this. Many thanks
    • So what was the driver supposed to do?  Input the reg in the store if they were a genuine customer or pay if they weren't or some such nonsense? Anyway, get onto the CEO of Sainsbury's  https://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-9117&c=Sainsbury's-Chief Executive  and lay it on thick about being a genuine customer and show proof of purchase - and ask that they get the ticket cancelled. Some businesses are superb - Asda.  Some are absolutely useless - McDonald's.  We simply don't know about Sainsbury's as we have so few threads.  But nothing ventured ...    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

THE Election - Made your mind up yet ??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5078 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:A high price for England to, pay!

As always.

Get this though - my Daughter is at Cardiff Uni doing a degree in Adult Nursing and she gets a non means-tested bursary - something that would be denied to her if she studied in England. I don't mind, Cardiff's a fantastic city and it was her first choice because it was streets ahead of all of the others she looked at, but how ironic is that?

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have to rely on newspapers to add weight to your opinion?

I don't.

In actual fact I was in a coma on the date that article was published and for four weeks following...

Yet,I awoke with my faculties in tact (sort of) and with the ability to see through the smoke and mirrors that my own profession was touting to the gullible public :rolleyes:

As always.

Get this though - my Daughter is at Cardiff Uni doing a degree in Adult Nursing and she gets a non means-tested bursary - something that would be denied to her if she studied in England. I don't mind, Cardiff's a fantastic city and it was her first choice because it was streets ahead of all of the others she looked at, but how ironic is that?

Plaid Cymru and Labour allow that to happne. It isn't pennies from heaven you know. It's money that is taken from the poorest of people to allow the youth to study. It's called balance :p

Oh, and one can only surmise that your Tory leanings mean that you have something to lose ;)

I would like to add this is the climate to raise the profile of CAG and the cause of unfairness. The banks have the monopoly of the financial system and know not everyone is a banker. There's many social reasons why people go overdrawn and not because they deliberately intend too. That's another discussion bankers being responsible for allowing spend spend spend. This has been apparent in the last 20 years, simple economics tells you there's going to be a big black cash hole at some point. If they hadn't worked it out they're not bankers! Perhaps another name? Hoorah for them they held it off for twenty years.

As always.

Yes, many things are free in Wales, as opposed to England!

Do you have to rely on newspapers to add weight to your opinion?

I don't.

In actual fact I was in a coma on the date that article was published and for four weeks following...

Yet,I awoke with my faculties in tact (sort of) and with the ability to see through the smoke and mirrors that my own profession was touting to the gullible public :rolleyes:

Hi BB, that's a disingenuous sort of argument. Somebody has to tell us what's going on. It's the balance between absolute fact and opinion that we have to sieve when making up our own opinions - it's up to us to accept it lock, stock and barrel or to read between the lines. Read the Mail after the last TV debate and Brown was a disaster. Read the Mirror and Brown was head and shoulders ahead of the other two. I saw it and don't believe either version.

I suppose we ought to be grateful that we still have a free(ish) press.

Regards.

Fred

Edited by Fred Bassett

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

Many things aren't free in Wales. The Welsh assembly has thought long and hard over what wold benefit the population. Prescriptions and students came top of their list and those have benefitted magnificently :)

Plaid Cymru and Labour allow that to happne. It isn't pennies from heaven you know. It's money that is taken from the poorest of people to allow the youth to study. It's called balance :p

Oh, and one can only surmise that your Tory leanings mean that you have something to lose ;)

Like I said before BB, Plaid Cymru don't stand where I live! Ultimately, it is the taxpayers of Britain that allow it to happen - the English being the majority of them, so it's my money too. I'm just glad that I'm getting something back for a change.

by BB:

Oh, and one can only surmise that your Tory leanings mean that you have something to lose[END QUOTE]

Wrong.

Do you really think that all the people who have voted for DC, are affluent?

That concept, is so very incorrect!

I notice the bankers didn't take any responsibility and admit the computer should have said 'no' 20 twenty years ago.

Now, let's raise the interest rates reaching iro 15% under Mrs T. Fabulous if you have savings! So glad the labour Gov gave responsibility to Bank Of England to take control of this.

No Fred. That money comes from the Welsh budget ;)

Does every single penny of that come from Welsh taxpayers alone BB?

by BB:

Oh, and one can only surmise that your Tory leanings mean that you have something to lose[END QUOTE]

Wrong.

Do you really think that all the people who have voted for DC, are affluent?

That concept, is so very incorrect!

Well then mate you are in for a nasty surprise ;)

I take it that the IMF agrees with Brown's way of thinking then.

More precisely, they relied on their knowledge of economy and how it works, looked at the parties' plans to get Britain out of trouble and decided that a wait and see policy under the current climate gets better results that the Tories "do it now".

You don't know what rules my head and it is very arrogant of you to presume that you do.
then I suggest you learn to control your typing fingers, as the way I could reach that conclusion was by reading your very own words. :rolleyes:

So people shouting it from the gallery make it true? An interesting concept. :rolleyes:

As far as I can tell, he hasn't been found guilty in a court of either, therefore it is potentially libellous to call him either, BB is absolutely correct.

Yes D, I think I need a shovel :confused::p:rolleyes:

Just don't take any of our English mud BB. You can have anything else, but not our mud.

Prescriptions and students came top of their list and those have benefitted magnificently :)
Typical liberal crap, waste the taxpayers' money on benefit scroungers and layabouts doing nothing to earn their keep. :-D

I notice the bankers didn't take any responsibility and admit the computer should have said 'no' 20 twenty years ago.

Now, let's raise the interest rates reaching iro 15% under Mrs T. Fabulous if you have savings! So glad the labour Gov gave responsibility to Bank Of England to take control of this.

I went off to find this for you:

The Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) and Natwest Bank Fraud, Illegal and Unethical Practices

Labour, let this happen!

Lord Myners (ex couttes/natWest) assisted with the, could I say, enquiry...

RBS, have been in the pockets of labour for years; they rode roughshod over all the rules.

But, nothing was done to rein them;

RBS, brought the country to it's knees and;

then, Labour bailed them out!?

What was it that Fred the Shred said to GB?

Answer;

'a cash flow problem'.

Typical liberal crap, waste the taxpayers' money on benefit scroungers and layabouts doing nothing to earn their keep. :-D

Pity that liberal crap didn't extend to England. I have to pay for my prescriptions.

So people shouting it from the gallery make it true? An interesting concept. :rolleyes:

As far as I can tell, he hasn't been found guilty in a court of either, therefore it is potentially libellous to call him either, BB is absolutely correct.

Sue the newspapers then and all the others who spoke same