• Tweets

• again a quick google search states   Appeal a DVLA fine - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK How to appeal a fine you've had from DVLA because your vehicle was not taxed, insured, or you did not tell DVLA you no longer have the vehicle i would not be appealing. they have 6mts. see where they go. dx  
    • There are a number of reasons why you may not have been issued a notice in the post within 14 days. If you were stopped by the police it may have been given verbally. In the case of speeding offences, the police may issue you with a conditional offer of a fixed penalty of 3 points and £100.00 fine by post or an offer of a speed awareness course. If the offence is considered too serious for a speed awareness course or fixed penalty you may be charged with an offence which normally occurs by way of the issue of a Single Justice Procedure Notice. If the vehicle within which the alleged offence took place was registered to another person or company there is technically no need for a notice to be issued to the driver. After the police have obtained details of the nominated the driver, they will normally send the notice to them, although there are no time limits within which they must do so (provided that the notice was received within 14 days by the registered keeper of the vehicle). In such circumstances, a person may receive a notice several months after the alleged offence too place but still be prosecuted. A Guide to a Notice of Intended Prosecution | Motoring Offence Lawyers the above copy n paste link has purely been copy n pasted here to inform you of the regs, which you could have done yourself by, as this is, a google search......... we do not ever recommend using such offered webservices! dont dx    
    • all DYL's are subject to a TRO. looking at this newish, ever increasing as old ind units have gotten removed, estate, there are only lines on one side, on the other there is a parking lane with traffic calming through which you mention. i seriously doubt your mate has any clue what he is talking about.!! its not a private housing assoc estate. so its a public council owned road. no construction co can just decide to draw their graffiti on a road. the DYLs are certainly there pre 2016 even before his home was built. now ive had a quick look to see if the main access to royal park road has signs. there is no royle park road even on your map but there is a royal barn road which leads to where you are parked royal road has a restriction sign on the pole by the fence of the electric substation jnc with gipsy lane there does not appear to be one leading in from the other end - tesco petrol station
    • Hi All. I was driving in Stevenage down a 40 road after coming off the motor way, i noticed my car felt a little "weird" i accelerated, then slowed the car down.  Shortly after i got stopped by a manned police car with a laser. During the stop the officer stated i was doing 54 in a 40, the conversation was short, but he said i would unlikely get a awareness course and it was most likely 3 points and a fine.  Mrs thought it was a good idea to have dairy when she is lactose intolerant on date night, we just got on our way.  At the time, i didnt admit to the offence, but did say i didnt realise and had slowed down in any case. The officers chest camera was recording and on. At the stop, he asked where to send the fine to, as i knew i would be travelling to visit family up north, i provided my temporary details at that location in Yorkshire. It is now 05/05 and i haven't received anything at either my home address in Stevenage or the temporary address. 1. Is there a time limit in which paperwork needs to be sent to me. 2. Should i query the ticket as i don't want to miss any deadlines (if so who do i check with?) OR should i keep quiet. 3. Given nothing has arrived in 20 days, is there a chance of appeal if and when it comes through? Many thanks CrazeUK
    • Hi All. A family friends car was having issues when she was on a trip visiting family up north at the beginning of January.  She ended up leaving it at my friends garage in the same location, who parked it on his forecourt to investigate the issue, however he said most likely it is beyond economical repair as its a serious gearbox fault. In the meantime i replaced her car with one of my spare cars. The insurance on the car then expired in at the end of January.  When the insurance expired, I sent a paper V890 paper as i didnt have her V5 Reference number in hand to do it online (i have a copy of this).  She didnt mention she hadnt received any confirmation as she didnt know if she would get one.  She then cancelled her road tax at the end of March (i think) as she was paying by DD. She then was travelling up north so didnt get her mail until last week. She received a letter dated 09/04/2024 stating she had failed to insure the vehicle and there was a £100 fine which could be reduced to £50 if she responds by 11/05/2024.  As soon as we noticed, i got her to dig  out the V5 and SORN'd the vehicle.   My friend has been a bit slow in checking the fault, however i suspect it will still be scrapped and is still on his forecourt. Is this possible to appeal?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

letter from HFO regarding a debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5002 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Roxburghe exists OK - it's another part of the group of companies, and is closely related to HFO.

If you talk to them you will effectively be talking to HFO so DON'T DO IT!

There are other ways to get at the root of what you need.

Ask for that info IN WRITING from BOS. Tell them this information is vital and must be accurate - ask them to double check. Ask if these are the only accounts that HBOS has sold to Roxbughe. If it's the ONLY history they have with Roxburghe, then there's no reason for an 'admin error' on the systems.

This is becoming a worrying trend for HFO. I do not believe their dealings, even with the people they buy debts from, appear transparent.

Well I've been on the telephone to yet another helpfull Blair, Oliver and Scott advisor and they have checked their records on the system and are happy that the debt was sold to Roxburghe. I am awaiting a call back now from the debt sales team to confirm this and I will ask for this in writing.

When calling the Roxburghe number they don't actually say WHO they are when they answer the call or when the automated messages kick in. I agree this is definitely affiliated somehow with the others.

I managed to speak with a very dull character on the end of the line after the first one managed to cut me off? and they have checked their records after doing a post code search and name search and are happy that they do not have my records:rolleyes:

I chased this up a couple of years ago and this is the exact same wall that I hit back then. Debt passed to Roxburghe - Roxburghe don't have any details???

I think I need to send a request into this Roxburghe mob and see what action they decide to take. I'm guessing that I will never receive anything back from them;)

Which request would be the one to send them though?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Roxburghe and HFO share addresses, funny that they are all together in Weybridge isn't it... HFO are a slippery bunch and try and hide under various names, but it all boils down to the same company.

The address and telephone number that I was first given by Blair, Oliver and Scott is

Roxburghe PLC

Roxburghe House

Lavender Park Road

West By Fleet

Surrey

KT14 6NA

0870 744 62 48

HFO Services Limited

PO BOX 342

West By Fleet

Surrey

KT1 6YX

They must nearly be neighbours :p

Can you record your callslink3.gif?

Unfortunately not:(

I know I have to back all this up in writing.

I'm struggling to find the correct address to send the SAR for Sainsbury's. I cannot get to speak with them direct because everytime my account number is added it takes me to Blair, Oliver and Scott.

Does anybody know of the correct person/address to send this to please?

Regards

It'll be the Data Controller for Bank of Scotland... BoS = Blair Oliver & Scott.

ADDRESS for Data Protection Act S.A.R.

DSAR Team

10 Carlton Street

Halifax

HX1 2AL

Bank Accounts - Data Protection Act Dept: 01422 3263 98

Credit Cards - Data Protection Act Dept: 01422 391 152

• Haha 1

It'll be the Data Controller for Bank of Scotland... BoS = Blair Oliver & Scott.

DSAR Team

10 Carlton Street

Halifax

HX1 2AL

Bank Accounts - Data Protection Act Dept: 01422 3263 98

Credit Cards - Data Protection Act Dept: 01422 391 152

Thank You very much:cool:

I've given up on the forum anti-tamper signature idea though! Tried uploading signatures and something isn't working out:mad:

What is the law regarding the signatures we put on the letters we send please? Obviously we don't want to run the risk of our paw prints being lifted now do we;)

Regards

Select committee on Trade and Industry minutes of evidence

(1996 Legislative working party)

2. The working party looked at the legal issues regarding the terms document, writing, signature, instrument, and records of transactions and originality. The Government's current proposed legislation focuses particularly upon the issue of signature. The working party considered the leading case in English law on signature methods, Goodman -v- J Eban Limited. That decision established that:

2.1 mechanical signatures using rubber stamps, printing or typewriting were valid in english law;

2.2 a signature can be by a mark rather than a name as long as evidence can be given to indentify the placer of the mark and the intention to sign; and

2.3 words other than a name can amount to a signature if the necessary intention to sign can be proven

Now although this working party was looking into the Electronics Commerce Bill it points to . .

Goodman v J Eban Ltd (1954)

A solicitor signed a solicitors bill with a rubber stamp which contained the name of the law firm. In the judgment it was determined that the rubber stamp was a valid signature, even theough the Solicitors Act of 1932 required a solicitors bill to be signed; it was established that it is enough to demonstrate that the rubber stamp was affixed by the solicitor with the intention to sign the solicitor's bill.

So now taking the highlights above I go to:

Interpretations act 1978

Schedule 1

1973 c.37.

"Writing" includes typing, lithography, photography or other modes of representing or reproducing words in a visible form and expressions refering to writing can be construed accordingly

As I was trying to sort out Signature I have missed the Post Office.

This does give me time now to get all of my letters together and hopefully sent at the same time though.

I have also subbed to Vanessa's thread and have noticed that there are a few more details there that may also apply to me?

1 So, am I correct in addressing my Sainsbury's Bank SAR to the Data Controller for Bank Of Scotland?

DSAR Team

10 Carlton Street

Halifax

HX1 2AL

2 CCA Request to HFO Services Limited

3 Complain to Trading standards and Office of Fair Trading about the letters sent by HFO Services AND Turnball Rutherford Solicitors

4 Complain to Solicitors Regulation Authority regarding Turnball Rutherford Solicitors

Regards

you still need to sort post 62, when you ring Sainbury,s bank is there not an option where you do not need to put in your card number ?

• Haha 1

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

you still need to sort post 62, when you ring Sainbury,s bank is there not an option where you do not need to put in your card number ?

That should have been taken care of in my edit?

When I call sainsbury's you cannot proceed without entering the 16 digit number. I've even tried getting around this by going through customer services but they can only provide an email address to which you so say receive a telephone call back?:(

If you can't record your calls, don't call them - and don't acknowledge them if they call you.

Deal with them in writing only - they'll tell you any old gutrot on the phone, but they're very limited in what they can tell you in writing because that method leaves an audit trail.

Can I SAR Blair, Oliver and Scott? They seem to hold all the information but won't or cannot provide me with the contact or address to SAR Sainsbury's?

If so I am going to print off the letter along with a CCA to HFO Services so I can send it in the morning

You can SAR anyone you like who controls data for £10.

But I think HBOS itself or Sainsbury's must be the better targets. Sainsbury's is the number one target - there must be a way to find an address - have you any old statements? Although the account was run by HBOS, your agreement, I think would have been with Sainsbury's.

• Haha 1

Well, I've just printed off the SAR to HBOS and decided to the credit card account number AND the roll number of my bank account too in the hope that I can kill two birds with one stone;)

Just about to do a CCA for HFO Services now

Here is a scanned version of the first letter I received which brought me to this wonderful forum.

That,s better :)

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

I now have two envelopes sat in front of me that are addressed and awaiting Postal Orders!

SAR to HBOS and a CCA to HFO Services Limited

Once these have been sent in the morning I shall set about photocopying the letters I have received and write some complaint letters to the appropriate bodies;)

Any help regarding what to write to the OFT, Trading Standards and Solicitors Regulation Authority would be greatly appreciated:D

£10 Postal Order enclosed with SAR to HBOS and sent recorded delivery!

£1 Postal Order enclosed with CCA request to HFO Services Limited and also sent recorded delivery!

I am just about to scan all proof and file away ready for when it's time to produce.

My next step will be to write my complaint letters :D

You can SAR anyone you like who controls data for £10.

But I think HBOS itself or Sainsbury's must be the better targets. Sainsbury's is the number one target - there must be a way to find an address - have you any old statements? Although the account was run by HBOS, your agreement, I think would have been with Sainsbury's.

The alternative would be to send it to Sainsbury's registered office marked for the attention of DSAR Team;

Sainsbury's Bank plc, Registered Office 33 Holborn, London EC1N 2HT

I've still been thinking over this and whilst I have sent a SAR to HBOS I'm now wondering if I should send a CCA to Sainsbury's Bank plc @ EC1N 2HT?

Obviously my main objective is to find out exactly who the debt is owed to. The Blair, Oliver & Scott debt sales team have received an instruction from one of the advisors that I spoke with yesterday. I was told that THEY will be able to tell me for certain who the debt was sold to.

Can you elaborate?

It seems odd that, in several threads on the forum, these financial institutions think they have sold debts to Roxburghe, not to HFO Capital They can't all be mistaken, surely?

Both Barclaycard and HBOS have Roxburghe recorded as the buyer on CAG threads. This cannot be 'admin error'. There is something seriously dodgy about HFO Capital's alleged assignments that needs serious investigation.

Can you elaborate?

It seems odd that, in several threads on the forum, these financial institutions think they have sold debts to Roxburghe, not to HFO Capital They can't all be mistaken, surely?

Both Barclaycard and HBOS have Roxburghe recorded as the buyer on CAG threads. This cannot be 'admin error'. There is something seriously dodgy about HFO Capital's alleged assignments that needs serious investigation.

The only name coming back from HBOS at the moment is Roxburghe.

I have spoken with 4 different people at BOS and they have all given me the same information.

I guess it's just a matter of waiting for the material to come back to be confirmed in writing?:-)