style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5137 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hmm should really have his name on it.

and the sky box is yours not sky's, who ever wrote that lol..;)

I have to say this, im sorry, but you either had one very stupid bailiff, or one that is very sympathetic, because although your levy fee's are wrong he has be very generous with the items, either that or your dvd's are worth a lot of money, collectors items ?

When they do a levy its to cover costs of not only what you owe, but their fees plus auction costs, he certainly hasnt done this here unless like I said your dvd's must be worth a lot.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My dvds are worth nothing to be honest they arent anything special

I think he struggled as they werent allowed to write the same items on more than one levy form and he had already put the leather sofa on the previous one

He also didnt want to write down the lcd tv so put the sofa instead ?!

Told me that if anyone was to call we had a CRT tele when he called and the LCD is new!!

Stupidity or sympathetic or maybe a bit of both ;)

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

My dvds are worth nothing to be honest they arent anything special

I think he struggled as they werent allowed to write the same items on more than one levy form and he had already put the leather sofa on the previous one

He also didnt want to write down the lcd tv so put the sofa instead ?!

Told me that if anyone was to call we had a CRT tele when he called and the LCD is new!!

Stupidity or sympathetic or maybe a bit of both ;)

Well shouldnt really put your sofa on there either, what would your family be left to sit on??

You say you have two LO's?

if so how old?

3 little ones

5yrs

3yrs

7 months

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

3 little ones

5yrs

3yrs

7 months

Ahhhh you are a habitual 'cant afford to payer' ;)

Well they should have just attached this to the others, no visit fee's and no levies should have been made, if I am correct in saying that, I am sure I am as the first set of fee's should have covered it, I am sure that until all debts are paid off they cannot keep starting over again. Please some one correct me if I am wrong here.

Ahhhh you are a habitual 'cant afford to payer' ;)

Well they should have just attached this to the others, no visit fee's and no levies should have been made, if I am correct in saying that, I am sure I am..

I think there was maybe £200 left from the previous year then hubby was made unemployed but as I was earning a whopping £70-£120 a wk (depending how many shifts I could pick up) they decided not to award us any benefit so fell behind and they wouldnt accept £100 a month to catch up so passed the whole year to bailiffs (again I couldnt understand why when some of it wasnt technically due til feb as it was payments I get it now I lost my ability to pay in installments :rolleyes: ) so it went to bailiffs who were more than happy to accept £100 after telling me the least they can accept is £10 a wk well I didnt want to avoid paying I wanted it cleared so £100 a month it was until hubby lost his job again this year :(

I think there may be a slight bit of amusing confusion here - unless I've now officially joined the ranks of the mad...

I read this as:

seanamarts - LOs = Liability Orders.

beyondhope - LOs = Little Ones

Therefore 5yrs, 3yrs and 7 months would be the childrens ages?

Am I reading these posts right???

Best wishes

Rae

:lol: :lol: I think you may be right lolol

yep 2 Liability Orders lol

:lol: Its sleep deprivation that does it, I used to be fairly intelligent until I had children lol

Im assuming as the letter I sent regarding the balance wasnt answered on the call yesterday they probably wont respond to that :mad:

Letter received today:

img140.jpg

img141.jpg

I dont understand why they have charged 2 visits on each when ive only ever had 2 visits in total!!! As for the levy fee etc I dont have a clue whats 'allowed' so if someone can have a look that would be fab :) Correction they did call twice on the first one as the first appt was 14th august but when he called to say he was on his way I had to tell him not to bother as I was in the maternity ward in labour I did warn him that his timing wasnt good!

Edited by beyondhope
more info

On looking again they have been taking my payments and splitting them....that would explain why the balance according to me is different! I havent worked it out if its right or not yet though. I was under the impression the £900 and whatever shown on the form I posted here was the 2 added together as thats what i was told :mad:

Having had a read back this through this and looking at the breakdown of figures you have there are a few things that don't add up - never mind them charging cheaper fees than those allowed - that's their problem.

First of all they are charging a Visit Fee and Levy Fee at the same time - not allowed. The WPA fee is only valid if you signed both of them. I appreciate you listed the items on one of the levies but what about the other one - I note you made reference to a sofa - what else is there on it? What are the "Reductions" for on the 2nd account?

It will probably need a fair bit of letter writing but believe you may have been overcharged so far by just under £100.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Having had a read back this through this and looking at the breakdown of figures you have there are a few things that don't add up - never mind them charging cheaper fees than those allowed - that's their problem.

First of all they are charging a Visit Fee and Levy Fee at the same time - not allowed. The WPA fee is only valid if you signed both of them. I appreciate you listed the items on one of the levies but what about the other one - I note you made reference to a sofa - what else is there on it? What are the "Reductions" for on the 2nd account?

It will probably need a fair bit of letter writing but believe you may have been overcharged so far by just under £100.

PT

I havent got a clue what is on the first one I have hunted high and low and cant find the form :(

The reductions are council tax benefit for the year just ended as its only recently been calculated.

I dont mind postal ping pong as long as its sorted, its stressing me out as I dont understand enough about it :(

I havent got a clue what is on the first one I have hunted high and low and cant find the form :(

They do say if you have any queries........ Give it a try you never know what they will give you. If they come back and say tough well that's then time for a SAR to them.

The reductions are council tax benefit for the year just ended as its only recently been calculated.

The one thing that hadn't occurred to me

I dont mind postal ping pong as long as its sorted, its stressing me out as I dont understand enough about it :(

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks PT

So what is the deal with visit charges so I can query everything in one go?

It obviously said the first one is finished shall I query that one too (as in ask for copy to see whats on levy form)

Thanks PT

So what is the deal with visit charges so I can query everything in one go?

It obviously said the first one is finished shall I query that one too (as in ask for copy to see whats on levy form)

I wouldn't give too much away as they will see what you are trying to do. Yes you need to query both levys'. They will have some inkling of things so may be obstructive - don't forget they may already know as some of the other side also come here to see what happens. You can only play it by ear. They do appear to have been quite reasonable on the whole so they may come across with what you ask for.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks again for your help - Ill have a reread through the points here and see what I can throw together to send them Ill post it here first for opinions and additions :)

Just to let you know I'm still here and reading the thread with interest. Others, as I'm sure you appreciate, are better at what you need just now than I. :)

Best wishes

Rae.

Thanks rae I think with never having had to deal with them before has me all confuzzled so I need to reread work out exactly what I want answering and then put it into plain english.