*Debt agency searching my credit file? *

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5161 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK Update,

Have spoken to Equifax Comsumer dept this morning about the searches who have confirmed,

THAT THEY ARE IN TABLE 1

The original equifax person told Mackenziehall when he inquired to have them removed that they were in table 2 incorrectly as you can see in the email she sent him....'' :eek:

So she got it terrible wrong!! or someone is lying here big time.....''

I have since spoken again to Mackenziehall informing him of the false information given to him by Equifax. I have now given him direct info below,

Email address to send request : [email protected]

Subject : Data Management Urgent Request

Contact person at Equifax in this matter ***** ***** Consumer Dept.

The removal/deletion of credit searches of Mackenziehall from Table 1 Credit file of ****** *****

He is now i understanding completing this request.....We will see! :eek:

Edited by kathleenbilly

I have a small update. I still have not had a reply from equifax however I've been in contact via email with a Rob Sands complience manager at Mackenzie hall. I explained my situation and asked for proof of the so called debt from them. He tryed to fob me off with how I need to contact Lowell and that my account had been closed with them. I simply told him that if Mackenzie was to put a bad mark on my credit file they would need proof of the debt.

Obviously they don't have proof because the following email was an apology and to say all footprints were to be removed.

Im still not convinced this is going to happen and still feel the need to report them for wasting my time.

Ironically I dealt with Rob Sands of Mackenziehall and can confirm the search footprints have been completely removed from my file. :grin:

Very happy about that knowledge is power share it and spread the word.

These companies/debt collection take advantage of lack of understanding to play the fool with us so educate yourself and you can beat them.

A true story,

A few years back Customs and Excise took 5000 cigarettes 25x200 cartons from me when i returned from Spain there value was 350 quid at the time. I was really upset and told the Custom Officer i would take them to Court he laughed at me...and took the cigarettes. I walked away and told him i would see him in Court.

I got a solicitor which cost me 850 pounds (More than the value of the cigarettes i hear you say!) to represent me in a Civil Case against Customs and Excise who brought in a top Barrister.

I had to take to the dock and it was heavy full on stuff, the Custom officer who confiscated the cartons failed to appear called in sick apparently,

Custom and Excise were unable to provide sufficient evidence the purchase was for commercial profit....I won the case and was awarded all costs for my solictor, the cost of my flight, plus the cost of the cigarettes which had been destroyed by the time the case came to court (took over a year etc)

The point i'm making ?

Principle....The original Custom officer laughed at me he never dreamed i would go to court you can see above it was not cost effective to do so, it was on that basis he took my cigarettes but i knew he was wrong and i proved it. You can beat even Customs and Excise if you know your rights!

Ironically I dealt with Rob Sands of Mackenziehall and can confirm the search footprints have been completely removed from my file. :grin:

Very happy about that knowledge is power share it and spread the word.

These companies/debt collection take advantage of lack of understanding to play the fool with us so educate yourself and you can beat them.

A true story,

A few years back Customs and Excise took 5000 cigarettes 25x200 cartons from me when i returned from Spain there value was 350 quid at the time. I was really upset and told the Custom Officer i would take them to Court he laughed at me...and took the cigarettes. I walked away and told him i would see him in Court.

I got a solicitor which cost me 850 pounds (More than the value of the cigarettes i hear you say!) to represent me in a Civil Case against Customs and Excise who brought in a top Barrister.

I had to take to the dock and it was heavy full on stuff, the Custom officer who confiscated the cartons failed to appear called in sick apparently,

Custom and Excise were unable to provide sufficient evidence the purchase was for commercial profit....I won the case and was awarded all costs for my solictor, the cost of my flight, plus the cost of the cigarettes which had been destroyed by the time the case came to court (took over a year etc)

The point i'm making ?

Principle....The original Custom officer laughed at me he never dreamed i would go to court you can see above it was not cost effective to do so, it was on that basis he took my cigarettes but i knew he was wrong and i proved it. You can beat even Customs and Excise if you know your rights!

i;m with you on that one

once had a spanish ship owner tried to shaft me for 1800 quid(about) in ships agency charges

cost me £10,000 in solicitor and barrister costs to arrest his ship in tilbury docks and it cost THEM 20 grand plus the costs to get the ship released- all because they thought they could take the P*ss

nice feeling init!!

i;m with you on that one

once had a spanish ship owner tried to shaft me for 1800 quid(about) in ships agency charges

cost me £10,000 in solicitor and barrister costs to arrest his ship in tilbury docks and it cost THEM 20 grand plus the costs to get the ship released- all because they thought they could take the P*ss

nice feeling init!!

Wow that's big stakes! but as you clearly knew the best to win an argument is to be right in the first place and then (money permitting) you can win! :D like it and yes it is a good feeling ! :-D

some of you (older) caggers will have seen that particular ship on the news a year or two before that occurrence

It was involved in a dramatic rescue of a harrier jump jet that ran out of fuel off the portugese coast

the pilot set the jet down on the deck of this ship!! - and the ships was only 200ft long!

Just for the information regarding DCA's doing CRA searches. If the cases are statute barred be very aware that they might do a 'credit' search stating 'Outstanding Debt'. If a DCA does a 'Creit' search rather than simply an address verification that it will appear to any potential lenders! The course of action is to use the ICO and you can do it all on line. The downside is that neither the CRA nor DCA will remove the searches and the ICO takes months.

This of course can then make you 'visible' for all that time. I contend that in such situations a DCA is/should not be allowed to do such full searches but alas the ICO are a bit slow and negative on this.

Michael

When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is. (Oscar Wilde)

--I like to be helpful wherever possible however I'm not qualified in this field. I do consider carefully anything important (normally from personal experience) however please understand that any actions taken are at your own risk--

the company is not (should not) be able to do a "search" on your files unless you have given them specific permission to do so or have applied for credit

i had a former employer who did 6 searches in the space of a week for the sole purpose of wrecking my credit file and after my complaint his credit search facilities were withdrawn for improper use

the company is not (should not) be able to do a "search" on your files unless you have given them specific permission to do so or have applied for credit

i had a former employer who did 6 searches in the space of a week for the sole purpose of wrecking my credit file and after my complaint his credit search facilities were withdrawn for improper use

That's it table one in the case of Equifax is to show searches for a credit application that's it.

Therefore searches not authorised may be deemed malicious with intent and purpose to damage a credit score as said above.

However for some reason Equifax choose to hold this type of information in table one unlike other credit bereau's. This shows the importance of access to your report to ensure it is correct.

I hate to think how much equifax haved earned out of you for all this,

First the 'Fees' for your file, then the wasted time on phonecalls at what rate?

Their earning a pretty penny, THEN, you get all the spam and 'offers' that theyve sold your details on.

I hate to think how much equifax haved earned out of you for all this,

First the 'Fees' for your file, then the wasted time on phonecalls at what rate?

Their earning a pretty penny, THEN, you get all the spam and 'offers' that theyve sold your details on.

I pay Equifax 6.99 a month for 24 hour access to my file i think i made two phone calls for 4-7 minutes in this case. Lets say the whole episode has cost me 15 pounds ?

Money well spend to have a solid credit file as i'm applying for another morgage shortly.

I do not receive spam or offers as a result of using there service.

I would seriously be at fault myself if i were to report incorrect information in how this matter was dealt with.

You might have missed my point, 7 quid a month to ensure that this rabble havent got any bad stuff on you? IMHO its a load of old Bo**ocks,

Had the same thing in the usa for years, they are a real con believe me, but you pays your money I guess

You might have missed my point, 7 quid a month to ensure that this rabble havent got any bad stuff on you? IMHO its a load of old Bo**ocks,

Had the same thing in the usa for years, they are a real con believe me, but you pays your money I guess

No i actually agree unfortunately i needed to clean it up and this was the quickest way to do it.

Now that it's back on track i don't need to see the report on a monthly basis so i can look to cancel the subscription.

I then will only need to check it again maybe after 8 months by just ordering a paper version for a couple of dollars. :)