Ruthbridge!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm a newbie here, have been lurking for a few days and think this site is fab!! Was wondering if anyone could help with this:

Received a letter 6th March from Ruthbridge addressed to the Occupier asking to contact the undersigned on a freephone number - was suspicious of this so kept the letter but never called them. Then received a letter on 13th March addressed to myself with a ref no, (after reading some posts it looks like its an internal ref with the initials of the person I would be dealing with!) saying I had been traced at the address and to contact the Recovery Divison immediately.....if I didnt contact within 5 days an agent may call between 7am-9pm! There is no details of any amount or who it could be for or reference apart from theirs! I have not called them after reading about them - NO CHANCE LOL!! The only thing I can think this may be for is an old mobile bill that I did forget about when I moved house, maybe around £150 or so, I dont think its quite statute barred yet, I live in Scotland and I think the last I paid was around end of 2005-2006! My question is do I just wait for them to send a letter with more details as it does seem very vague. Then if they do get in contact, what should letter should i send for a mobile contract? I havent checked my credit score yet, thought everything was ok as I was able to get a mortgage a couple of years ago, and cant think of anything else it could be as everything else is paid off or just about paid!!

Thanks for your help with this!!!:)

LOL!! I doubt very much they've got agents all over the UK or would fork out to send someone to Glasgow! they can try, but they will be getting ignored! I have to say, from reading all the posts about them they sound like eejits!!! I was a bit terrified at first, but now know there's a slim chance they will turn up at my door and if they do I just wont answer, or tell them to get lost!!! They havent even said what they are writing to me for, so hopefully they are just fishing!!

Why bother with a stmp if Ruthbridge have yet to come up with anthing definate. As far as you know this may not have anything to do with you. I have found that ignring Ruthbridge is better than giving them the time of day.

I agree with NailPost. Recently myself and another Cagger were being chased by Ruthbridge, and he responded while I ignored. The response from Ruthbridge was identical in both cases, we got exactly the same threatograms on the same days until they gave up. Which shows how much notice they take of anything you write to them.

Hi all, thanks for all your advice!!

I'm not going to write to them at the moment because I have no idea why they are writing to me!!! They have put no details on their letter apart from their reference number! I have never had a letter before from anyone that doesnt state the amount owed etc...:-|