Calder Financial

marke32
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4736 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You would have needed the serial number on the PO to check via the Post Office. Doesn't really matter - as long as it was included. Don't want to give the buggers any room to wriggle.

To cover yourself in any possible litigation, it may be worth sending that letter suggested by Mark asap, recorded, to remind them that they have failed to meet their obligations.

Yeah will do

Marke32

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone

First not sure if im posting in the right place so sorry if im not.

I asked Barclaycard for a copy of my credit agreement with them about 8months ago. Today I received a letter quoting section 78 of the consumer credit act 1974. It basically says they do not have to provide documentation in answer to validation of debt corrspondence but they have taken steps to provide me with the contractual terms under which my financial obligations arise. They have included a photo copy of their terms and conditions but not a copy of my signed credit agreement at all.

Question is do they have to provide a signed copy and what should I say in reply? any advice would be fantastic

Best

Mark

Marke32

Hi thanks

I cant open that document my pic/fax viewer is not working. should I just write and tell them that is not what I asked for then?

Thanks again

Mark

Marke32

Hi Mark

May I ask what your ultimate aim is so that you can receive the relevant help?

You will probably have to send them a CCA request costing £1 for them to provide the information you requested.

ims

Hi Marke,

I assume you have already sent BC a formal CCA request, so sending another is unnecessary.

They have provided you with what you are basically entitled to.

I agree with IMS21 - let us know what you want to do so we can advise better.

Is the a/c in arrears.

Are there any penalty charges or PPI on the a/c which you can reclaim.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Mark

May I ask what your ultimate aim is so that you can receive the relevant help?

You will probably have to send them a CCA request costing £1 for them to provide the information you requested.

ims

I requested a copy of my credit agreement yes and sent a p.o for £1. I thought they should be able to provided me with a copy of my signed agreement not just a blank one? It is in arrears yes not sure where to take it I was just waiting for this signed copy and was then going to take it from there.

Marke32

You might not ever a get a copy of the signed agreement.

Again, not sure of what you want to achieve.....is it reclaim of charges, ppi reclaim or something else?

I am sure yo don't just want a copy of the signed agreement to frame and hang in the loo:|

ims

I requested a copy of my credit agreement yes and sent a p.o for £1. I thought they should be able to provided me with a copy of my signed agreement not just a blank one? It is in arrears yes not sure where to take it I was just waiting for this signed copy and was then going to take it from there.

I was told if they cannot provide a signed copy it is difficult to enforce the agreement

Marke32

Hi Mark

I think if you are trying to avoid paying the debt on the basis of an un-enforceable agreement you may be barking up the wrong tree.

There are other threads on this subject...have a look around.

ims

Hi Marke,

Getting a debt written of on the grounds of unenforceability is not going to happen due to recent court rulings like Carey v HSBC and other cases. If the bank takes you to court and you want to defend, that is another matter but there's less chance these days of defending successfully.

Reclaim penalty charges and PPI if these have been put on your a/c.

8-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)