Clamped for no tax disc

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5033 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Need some advice but think he's in trouble now.

Mate had his car clamped at the side of the road for no tax. He dropped the suspension and took the clamp off. phoned them to say the clamp is at the side of the road, they've said he's commited an offense by removing the clamp.

Whats the ramifications of whats happened.

Thanks all

Edited by itstheone
thread title

Oh dear, i thought it might be.

In a further twist the guy he bought it off hasn't given him the log book so it's not in his name.

Think he's gonna wait and see what happens. When he phoned them to tell them to pick the clamp up, they said they will inform DVLA.

wait and see i guess, although i'm expecting him to get a summons or fine through the post.

It is a criminal offence to remove it. Let your mate know now.:!:

The relevant legislation can be found here. Fine is on level 2 on the standard scale which is up to £500.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well he phoned them and told them he'd taken it off and to send someone to pick it up, which they did.

I think i'll advise him to sell the van asap, and dont give contact details!

I'll let you know what happens when it does, could be a few weeks!

@lamma, i dont think he gave his name and address, i havent seen him since. He is still about, not been carted off to a government rehabilitation camp or anything!

Edited by itstheone