A simple queston regarding first class mail delivery

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5182 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent the A & L some letters by first class post and they responded saying they hadn't received them. They are obviously telling porkies

Of course i should have sent them recorded delivery, DOH!

I was wondering if it is possible to confirm actual delivery of a first class letter ie by a receipt or some other Royal Mail document?

thanks

I think you can still go to the PO and get a "Proof of posting" receipt over the counter but that does not prove delivery just that the item went into the system

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

yes it is amazing how these companies manage to stay in existance with such a poor postal service.

Take ClueLess Finance, if I send it normal mail it never arrives yet as soon as it is recorded they get it - truly a mystery

If the cost get to much,as you sometimes have post several, whether it be by recorded or next day special.

I have now taken to get proof of posting, and adding this to the bottom of every letter, it is sufficient as far as i am aware

This document is delivered by Royal Mail and I deem it to be served on you by the ordinary course of post in the meaning of Section 7 of the Interpretation Act 1978 and therefore your responsibility and it's in your own interests this letter is handed to the relevant person within your organisation.

I should for completeness also set out section 7 of the Interpretation Act 1978:

"Where an Act authorises or requires any document to be served by post (whether the expression "serve" or the expression "give" or "send" or any other expression is used) then, unless the contrary intention appears, the service is deemed to be effected by properly addressing, pre-paying and posting a letter containing the document and, unless the contrary is proved, to have been effected at the time at which the letter would be delivered in the ordinary course of post."

Unfortunately you can't always blaim the recipient.

Royal Mail's record is pretty poor. Only recently there was something in the press about the many millions of letters that are not delivered each year.

Their complaints service is also pretty abysmal - I lodged a complaint about some letters not being recorded as delivered even though they were sent by Recorded Delivery. Their written reply was that I should use Recorded Delivery :( [anyone have a smiley for screams of extreme frustration ...].

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)