Alan K vs Clydesdale

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6505 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lo folks, nice to see that we can now take the banks on and win :):)

I;ve only signed up today after being made aware of the unfair charges thing but i have a basic question to ask first before i proceed with anything. I am no longer with the Clydeasdale Bank as they closed my account over a year ago due to me being unable to pay the charges they were putting on my account ( i was laid off and am still unemployed). Can i still persue them for the charges they placed on my account in the past if i am not a current customer.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Al.

Hi Al, Welcome to the site. Yes you can still claim against your old account, even tho it's now closed. Do you still know your old account number? It doesn't matter if you don't, as long as you provide them with enough details, it just gives them one less excuse to p**s you about thats all lol

Have a good read round the FAQs, and other threads, and if you need any help just give a shout here in your thread, and someone will be along to help you.

Best of luck

PJ

Advice & opinions given by pjdudley69 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional. Also visit legal seagulls for more friendly help and advice.

THanks for that , yes i still know my account number and am reading through the FAQ's at the moment. Hope i will be able to make sense of all this and look forward to getting some small revenge on the Clydesdale Bank for all the times i've tried to argue with them about their charges and been told to sod off lol.

Will post back once i've digested all this info :grin::grin:

(hmmm just had another thought will this apply to finance arrangements as well e.g. car finance, hopefully i'll find out in the FAQ's.)

Thanks,

Al.

(hmmm just had another thought will this apply to finance arrangements as well e.g. car finance, hopefully i'll find out in the FAQ's.)

It does lol :D

Advice & opinions given by pjdudley69 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional. Also visit legal seagulls for more friendly help and advice.

Hi Micky, welcome to the site.

Yes, send your stuff to your own branch - they'll then forward it on to their legal dept up in Glasgow. Have a good read round the site, 'specially the FAQs, and start your own thread so that we can follow your progress and lend you a helping hand if you need it.

PJ

I've now spent all day reading through the faqs and other areas of the forums, and i'm glad i found this place :). It's good to hear of other peoples experiences and know that your not alone. I feel fairly confident now of at least the first stages i have to go through, i suffered many charges outwith the six years and live in Scotland so am not sure wether i can try and re-claim these as well, but first stage is to send of my SAR and see exactly what the situation is. I shall be doing this during the week and will keep you all informed of any progress.

SAR will be going to ;

Clydesadle Bank, (general bank charges)

Capital Bank (a division of the bank of scotland) (car finance, late payment charges)

Capital One (credit card late payment charges)

I will be sending them to the relevant head offices and hope this is correct.

Here's hoping things go well.:D:D

Cheers,

Al.