Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3892 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

this is my first post to this forum

i just wondering where is any proof BPF transfer all loan money to Advent

and if they done that how they pay CT?

When I first called in the January to BPF the rep told me they had paid advent upfront for every student.

So I would like to know how much did BPF get back from the advent liquidation fund? BPF would have been prime creditor and I bet they got the lions share of the money... us students sod all.

and yet BPF are on our back to pay the loans back.. double hit.

And I also suspect that BPF have paid either very little or nothing at all to computeach.. BPF are just out to screw their customers.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When I first called in the January to BPF the rep told me they had paid advent upfront for every student.

So I would like to know how much did BPF get back from the advent liquidation fund? BPF would have been prime creditor and I bet they got the lions share of the money... us students sod all.

and yet BPF are on our back to pay the loans back.. double hit.

And I also suspect that BPF have paid either very little or nothing at all to computeach.. BPF are just out to screw their customers.

I have been wondering about this as well. Are PKF required/allowed to divulge the details of the liquidation and creditors if it is requested? It seems that if BPF got a lot of money back it would definitely strengthen our case. And even if they didnt, it wouldnt change anything so wouldnt hurt the case in any way.

I have been wondering about this as well. Are PKF required/allowed to divulge the details of the liquidation and creditors if it is requested? It seems that if BPF got a lot of money back it would definitely strengthen our case. And even if they didnt, it wouldnt change anything so wouldnt hurt the case in any way.

I think all the details of Advent and its directors not being able to run a p**s up in a brewery and generally trying to rip everyone off while sunnying themselves in Barbados is in the second PKF email to all the students.

I just had an email from PKF giving a statement of accounts.

As usual I see all the pigs snouts are in the troughs munching away.

All the hundreds of thousands collected and it gets frittered away on admin charges... we who actually put money into the system get sod all.

one thing I noted, Halifax is the creditor bank?? and nowhere is Barclays name why? if BPF was bank rolling thousands of students, their name should have been in there somewhere if not at the top of the Me!.. Me first list.

And computeach paid £50,000 for the student database? I bet that was after chatting with barclays who told them they can have all their customers for free to make money from... just like pimps.

Hi, I dont know if this is the right place to put this.

Right what happens if you got a career development loan to pay these people from Barclays?

We were thinking of going down the CCA route. My son has not had anything from Advent (training etc.,) since 2008 and have been fighting to get his money back since then.

Thanks

I just had an email from PKF giving a statement of accounts.

As usual I see all the pigs snouts are in the troughs munching away.

All the hundreds of thousands collected and it gets frittered away on admin charges... we who actually put money into the system get sod all.

one thing I noted, Halifax is the creditor bank?? and nowhere is Barclays name why? if BPF was bank rolling thousands of students, their name should have been in there somewhere if not at the top of the Me!.. Me first list.

And computeach paid £50,000 for the student database? I bet that was after chatting with barclays who told them they can have all their customers for free to make money from... just like pimps.

Would you be able to forward that email on please 10pack to Fuzzbutt address? I haven't received that, probably because I changed my personal email account which is the one Advent had. Thanks. Could be worth alerting our lawyer to it.

We all know Barclays are rotten to the core, and staffed by the **** of the earth, seems like PKF are aswell their consultancy costs are ridiculous!!! I love the Database being sold to Computeach i bet Barclays are not paying them an extra dime for any of this training it is just done on the basis that we end up paying through the nose every month and hopefully it has backfired.

I would like nothing more then to see another bloodsucking seller of false hope like Computeach go to the wall!!

Would you be able to forward that email on please 10pack to Fuzzbutt address? I haven't received that, probably because I changed my personal email account which is the one Advent had. Thanks. Could be worth alerting our lawyer to it.

on its way to you now

We all know Barclays are rotten to the core, and staffed by the **** of the earth, seems like PKF are aswell their consultancy costs are ridiculous!!! I love the Database being sold to Computeach i bet Barclays are not paying them an extra dime for any of this training it is just done on the basis that we end up paying through the nose every month and hopefully it has backfired.

I would like nothing more then to see another bloodsucking seller of false hope like Computeach go to the wall!!

I wish the guys in the 'Legal Action against Computeach' Facebook group all the luck with their complaints to Dudley Trading Standards and whatever they plan to do. One has kindly contacted me now and offered to forward on anything he thinks may be useful to our case if they get their complaints for poor service against CT upheld.

one thing I noted, Halifaxlink3.gif is the creditor bank?? and nowhere is Barclayslink3.gif name why? if BPF was bank rolling thousands of students, their name should have been in there somewhere if not at the top of the Me!.. Me first list.

If simply supplying credit facilities - BPF are an unsecured creditor, which would explain why they are so desperate to get what they can from the students while denying any liability.

David

Hey Fuzzbutt, Ingrid was looking into a way to help those of us who were supposed to be a guarantor but ended up being the debtor for the loan and are being told that section 75 doesn't apply as we have no relationship to the supplier? Can you find out if anything came of that?

This is Hausfeld's reply, Juicybuns - hope it helps.....

"On the guarantor issue, the way that section 75 works requires the contracts with the course provider and loan provider to be taken out by the same person to give the debtor/creditor/supplier triangle. Frustratingly, this means that where the guarantor took out the loan in their own name and the student signed up for the course, section 75 can be side stepped. This does not unfortunately mean that the bank cannot enforce the loan – as it was taken out directly with BPF then BPF is still able to enforce the arrangement notwithstanding the demise of Advent.

In terms of alternatives:

· a claim can still be notified by the student against Advent which means that they will be added to the list of unsecured creditors – from memory in the administrators’ papers they suggested that there was unlikely to be a pay out to unsecured creditors, but may be worth contacting the administrator for an update and see whether it is worth being added to the list;

· to claim against BPF the most likely grounds would be on grounds of mis-selling by agents acting for BPF as suggested."

I wish the guys in the 'Legal Action against Computeach' Facebook group all the luck with their complaints to Dudley Trading Standards and whatever they plan to do. One has kindly contacted me now and offered to forward on anything he thinks may be useful to our case if they get their complaints for poor service against CT upheld.

Are they any closer to action against computeach than just stirring things up?

I was wondering if the bosses at computeach also was thinking of taking what money they can and going on a holiday somewhere like the advent boys did?.

It cetainly would help out case because barclays would be back at square one again.. and I think they would have to start talking with us this time around

Edited by 10pack

I have only just found this site as I too am a former student of Advent and am having a nightmare with BPF a) cancelling my agreement and b) returning my monies paid to date.

This is now really starting to stress me and worry me.

Fuzzbutt...please can you respond to my message I have sent via this and my own email account for assistance/advice. :)

I've worked in insolvency and those costs are mild to some I've seen.

Unfortunately administrators do tend to be bloody thirsty leeches.

Ive had my first letters from mercers. One was a 22.50 charge for being in arrears and the other was to say they were passing my details on to a local debt collection agency doesn't state who though. Apparently I have left them with no alternative. Need to write a letter to them to say I hold the account in dispute. What else should I put in the letter. Any help would be appreciated.

Ive had my first letters from mercers. One was a 22.50 charge for being in arrears and the other was to say they were passing my details on to a local debt collection agency doesn't state who though. Apparently I have left them with no alternative. Need to write a letter to them to say I hold the account in dispute. What else should I put in the letter. Any help would be appreciated.

Please read my previous postings about mercers, I was in communication with barclays and I had letters from mercers and barclays on the same post, they are one and the same company.

check your letters I bet there is no name.. and the signature is not readable.

Send them a letter recorded delivery stating you are in dispute with barclays, if you still get agro, report them to consumer direct, they will get your trading standards involved. I have not received anything from mercers since, now have sanclare instead and their boss used to(?) work for barclays... will be doing the same with them.

Barclays have not replied to my last letter I wrote about 3 weeks back.. suspect sanclare is their answer..

Have said before if barclay's partner finance was so sure that we owe them.. they would have taken us all to court long ago!!.

this is all just bully tactic to dwindle down the repayment list for when they finally have to pay out.. keep your chin's up guy's :)

. Need to write a letter to them to say I hold the account in dispute. What else should I put in the letter. Any help would be appreciated.

When you write to them, remind them that they need to supply the local DCA

'a deed of assignment' and a copy of the original contract with you. Also you would like to have sent to you copies as well. A template for this letter is on the legal website.Without these documents produced no local or outside DCA

has any power to collect money legally on anyones behalf.Also its called trying to obtain money by deception and fraud, which can lead to a holiday at a hotel of HM government.

Hey 10pack. There is a name and signature on my letter. Signatures just a squiggle but the name on it is Andy Hughes.

Hey Lowdown Seem to be having problems getting onto legal action site at the moment. Any chance you could put the template letter up on here for mercers.

Hey 10pack.

Hey Lowdown Seem to be having problems getting onto legal action site at the moment. Any chance you could put the template letter up on here for mercers.

If you are still having problems on the legal site,

PM me your Email address and i will send the template over to you. For some reason i am having trouble loading up an attachment on this site.

Hey 10pack. There is a name and signature on my letter. Signatures just a squiggle but the name on it is Andy Hughes.

Thats interesting none of mine have names.. and the signature is just a squiggle as you say.

maybe they are changing their tactics after being given a bollocking by trading standards, either way you should still be able to do as I suggest.

Contact Cosumer Direct, they will register on their systems your problem.. the more of us that do this the bigger the smell is going to be when this egg cracks!.

hi fuzzbut!

i'm new on forum.my english is not perfect.i hope you understand what i try to say

i try fight for my rights by my self.i send form to housfild.i not make any payments from feb.

do i had send to housfield all leters from EVIL ?

thanks for everything you done up till now for all of as:-)

i know that we'll win with bpf

Got ur message lowdown cheers. Just to let people know mercers called again so I had a little chat with them. I asked how come they still calling me when i got the letter saying Id left them no alternative but to pass my details onto another debt collector. The lady I spoke to was quite surprised and she ensured me my details had not been passed on and that I must have recieved the letter by mistake. So dont know what they are playing at.

Hiya guys

Was just hoping that you could provide me with some advice.

BPF have started harrassing me for payment with 5-6 calls a day, ive spoken to them today after sending a letter of dispute to them 2 weeks ago, i was informed that they will not put my account into dispute due to the fact they had already issued me my final response.

I understand there is alot of information on this site but i just dont know where to start so if someone would be kind enough to point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Also would it help to have this information forwarded onto Ingrid? if so how can i get intouch with her?

Thanks all

[php]

[/php]

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3892 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks