Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3906 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

on another subject i rang barclays today and moaned about how i had asked repeatedly to have my account put in dispute ,and how i was getting constant calls from mercers and threatening

letters ,the guy on the phone contacted customer relations and after i gave him my complaint reference he agreed to put my account on hold!for how long that lasts is any ones

guess!

I also made him aware of the breach in there database and said that i would not pay for something i have not received nor want from another training company!

I told him that i would consider paying for what i had received but thats all!

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This has been brought up before and probably lost somewhere withing the last 200 pages. However I have spoken to my adjudicator this morning and raised this question with him. He advised that in the eye's of the FOS, this would not be an issue as the content of the course hasn't changed and we accepted the course and began studies. A court might see it differently as an issue with the contract, but they might also see it the same way.

He also advised that CT are looking to implement a system where you can verify your details and see the course etc, without accepting them as a new provider.

My claim is still under investigation as they are still waiting for BPF/CT to provide details of the replacement course, which seems to be proving difficult.

Well I emailed the FOS in relation to the sales rep not signing the enrolment form and the terms and conditions, here is the reply...

If you started the course, you have contracted by conduct. However if you wish to pursue the point of enforceability, your case may well be better suited to a court of law.

However, I would remind you that by studying, you have derived a benefit from the course materials; therefore I find it difficult to foresee a finding in your favour on this basis.

This is my initial opinion based on the submissions to date, based on your request for an assessment. Please advise if you wish to continue with your complaint via the FOS.

What ever you email the FOS its not good enough - u'd have more luck getting blood out of a stone!! I give up!!!

If you started the course, you have contracted by conduct. However if you wish to pursue the point of enforceability, your case may well be better suited to a court of law.

Rough translation: Don't wan't to know. You may have a claim but we wouldn't want to upset our quango lifestile of getting paid for er, showing up in the morning, so............... you're on your own

David.

He also advised that CT are looking to implement a system where you can verify your details and see the course etc, without accepting them as a new provider.

My claim is still under investigation as they are still waiting for BPF/CT to provide details of the replacement course, which seems to be proving difficult.

Point 1 - They have been saying that for the last 3 months.....lol

Point 2 - It is going to be hard, CT will not want to provide deatails of something they can not provide [like for like] without implying the students will have to pay more. once again lol.

i agree with the above poster the fos will not want to upset the banks. I think the only way it will be resolved is in court.

Yeah the FOS is a joke they seem better suited to helping banks then people, I just don't see how they can arrive at these decisions Legally or Morally what are they scared of?

Losing their jobs - and i am being serious.They will help you get back £12.00 bank charges.But anything else and they

are scared.I am suspicious that their adjudicators are equipped to deal with anything - and are adjudicators in name only.

Hey all. Aint been on here for a few days so just catching up. Had two calls from mercers but havent spoke to them. They rung my mobile yesterday and when i answered it was an automated service that said, sorry we have been unable to speak to you and please contact us. Il wait for them to ring again. Sending a copy of my second final response from barclays that i recieved a couple of weeks ago to legal team, been a bit delayed.

Well I emailed the FOS in relation to the sales rep not signing the enrolment form and the terms and conditions, here is the reply...

However, I would remind you that by studying, you have derived a benefit from the course materials; therefore I find it difficult to foresee a finding in your favour on this basis.

This is my initial opinion based on the submissions to date, based on your request for an assessment. Please advise if you wish to continue with your complaint via the FOs

What ever you email the FOS its not good enough - u'd have more luck getting blood out of a stone!! I give up!!!

how can you contract the coarse when they state no contract exsits if no signature? so according to the t&cs there is no contract to begin with. sounds like fos coming down on the side of the banks again.

I had Resolvecall Ltd come to my house today, but i wasnt home so they left me a note. Anyone else had these guys round yet?

First of all read this. http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

Then complain to the Office of Fair Trading.

This bit is of interest.

f. visiting or threatening to visit debtors without prior agreement when the debt is deadlocked or disputed.

g. not giving adequate notice of the time and date of a visit

I had Resolvecall Ltd come to my house today, but i wasnt home so they left me a note. Anyone else had these guys round yet?

Send them this; http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/590-letter-used-when-a-dca-threatens-a-doorstep-visit-.html

Morning all,

Had a letter from Barclays basically saying that they are honouring sec 75 by offering computech and that they ARE like for like. Been given 8 weeks to reply otherwise they consider this matter closed even though i told them i was part hausfeld action group. Doesn't seem to be a real constistancy with what they're telling us. Fuzzbutt, i will post the letter to hausfeld and my reply. Thanks again fuzzbutt for all you've done. You've probably saved my sanity!

Hi

Just had a call from the FOS adjudicator, seemed like a reallt understanding guy, we had a long chat, he called Barclays for me and got them to freeze all payments for a month and take off the mark on my credit rating. He said there's no promises with resolving the issue but will do his best. Fingers crossed!!

Hi

Just had a call from the FOS adjudicator, seemed like a reallt understanding guy, we had a long chat, he called Barclays for me and got them to freeze all payments for a month and take off the mark on my credit rating. He said there's no promises with resolving the issue but will do his best. Fingers crossed!!

At least thats something positive.. maybe next time you can ask whose side are they on?

when I spoke to consumer direct the other day, the rep told me that fos are supposed to be unbiased.. I mentioned we did not feel that was the case.. that they are a government body overseeing disputes and such between customers and finacial institutions, she did mention that there is a right of apeal against their decisions??.

I asked her was she aware of the goings on.. and she said yes.. she had delt with and heard of many cases such as I was phoning about.

you would have thought by now with so many complaining that somewhere a light would come on and ask what is actually happening.

I am waiting for trading standards to call me about Mercers and their letters.

so now we are in August and still no training.. what a waste of time and money.. I lost my £500 deposit advent took it :(

Why Barclays is so aggressive in making as keep up the payments? After all we could consider our case a good case against Barclays with high chances of winning. If Barclays is aggressive because, as some of you mentioned, knows it doesn't stand on solid ground, then will it make any sens asking for money so it could give it back to us again? Or, may It be the case that once Barclays grabs our money then it would be harder to get it back, even on a good court case?

i think moneys paid in to the bank in this case barclays accounts to there annual profit

so.. the more they get off us the better for them.

any money lost or refunded can be written off through rhe interest that they acquire over the loan period?

i think moneys paid in to the bank in this case barclays accounts to there annual profit

so.. the more they get off us the better for them.

any money lost or refunded can be written off through rhe interest that they acquire over the loan period?

If we get a refund, we get back all the money we paid Barclays, that includes the high interest, isn't this right?

Just had letter today from Birmingham City Council Trading Standards.. my case details have been passed onto them by consumer direct.

They are asking for a copy of the letter I sent to mercers and the proof of postage..

So I will be sending all the documents they ask for.. its another one for mercers to respond to and explain why a dormant company is actually active and harrassing barclays customers with their say so

Hey all. Any updates from legal team yet. I spoke to mercers today they have stopped phone calls for 14 days but cos thay aint heard from legal team for a while I dont know how long it will last. My girlfriend answered phone to them earlier and they got aggressive saying they will come take my stuff, which I believe they cant do until it goes through court, am I right?

yes thats correct they cant take your stuff.. only court appointed bailiffs can enter your home.. even if you lock your doors.

Also you can tell mercers to get off your property if they dont listen you can call the cops on.. (whether the cops will come is another matter.. they have more important things to do like persecuite motorists.. but dont start me on that one).

Mercers have no powers what so ever.. they just bluff their way around.. dont forget mercers is barclays with a different hat on..

so do as I have done .. phone comsumer direct give them your details.. next send mercers a letter recorded delivery explaining that you are in dispute with barclays.. if mercers still harrass you.. get back to consumer direct.. they will get in touch with your local trading standards.

I had mine from Birmingham city this morning.. so I now will pass on a copy of my letter, proof of postage.. and some other info.. and according to what was written in the letter they intend to have it sorted within 30 days.

Done.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3906 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks