Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3912 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi fuzz barclays are back on the phone again so i guess my account in dispute/hold didnt last to long , surprised ?...NO!

i'm sending another letter to them in the morning and was wondering if i should mention that i'm involved in the class action in it?

if so should i say that there legal team has said that s75 applies to

those of us with in a debtor ,creditor, supplier situation?

You might as well, Lewis - they might take you a little more seriously anyway.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it seems to me that bpf have got the fos in thier pockets. my dad can't believe that he has no right under s75. maybe bpf knew this all along so made the advent salesperson get 2 different signatures thinking they would be safe. if that is the case that my dad has no right under s75 because he signed that agreement does this mean that because the advent salesperson did not sign my advent agreement ( states in thier t &c that no contract exists if not signed ) that i have no contract with advent, then why has bpf taken £4750 from my dad? :-x:-x:-x if bpf lawyers are quoting the terms of the contract at us then why is my contract valid when it states no signature no contract? i think there are others out there with advent contracts that have not been signed by the salesperson. maybe we can find out from hausfeld if this another way to go as well.

My contract with advent was the same, no signature by authorised person.

My contract with advent was the same, no signature by authorised person.

Mine is similar I singed both sections, and I’m quite sure I was not a authorised representative. This might be a good route for us to go down surely it can’t be binding without the correct signatures.

Mine is similar I singed both sections, and I’m quite sure I was not a authorised representative. This might be a good route for us to go down surely it can’t be binding without the correct signatures.

I agree I wouldnt have thought it was binding as it distinctly says your signature and authorised person

I agree. Also the fact that most people dont seem to have start or end dates. This is a "major term" of the contract or whatever the technical language is and in theory the abscence of such things should make them unenforceable.

Hey guys. I've just been nosing through the cca 1974(current version), and from what I can tell under sections 11, 12 and 13 I believe the majority of us on here should fall into the category of Debtor-Creditor-Supplier agreements. From what I've managed to understand(probably wrongly as I'm no lawyer) then if no monies were exchanged between barclays and us, and it is on the contract that the finance was to pay for a training course supplied by and authorised by an employee of the retailer being Advent then this constitutes what the cca refers to as a restricted use credit agreement under section 11(b) and 12(b). Therefore, going by Hogan Lovells letter to Hausfeld this is exactly what BPF now actually accepts, even though they have sent letters to a few of us (if not many) stating quite clearly that section 75 does not apply. This points to extreme neglegance on BPF's behalf as they have evidently not bothered to look at the contracts and have been sending out pre-prepared letters. Not that this surprises anyone.

Could somebody with a better legal brain than I, please have a look at this and tell me if I'm correct. I know this doesnt particularly help those who have already paid off their finance.

Any info would be helpful :)

Fuzz?

hi folks i got a text this morning stating that my account has noew been handed over to mercers!

As there own lawyer states that s75 does apply and bpf are ignoring this surely this counts as harassment?

this is getting a joke now with b.f.p they dont ring me during the week. but they want 2 ring me 3 time's ever sunday nigth around 8-9 pm on my house phone WHEN they told me they have taken my house phone number of there list :-x

will be resending my story with some of the guys on F.B 2 watch dog and the papers !!

This points to extreme negligence on BPF's behalf as they have evidently not bothered to look at the contracts and have been sending out pre-prepared letters. Not that this surprises anyone.

Standard practice by most financial institutions although Barclays are particularly bad in this respect.

They deny any responsibility, (even if the know full well they are) and simply stick to the line we're right you're are wrong knowing full well many will just give up and go away.

They only begin to shift their ground, (still kicking and screaming), when when it's clear that a serious threat of legal action is in the offing, and that sort of waffle simply would not stand in court.

David

i phoned up hausfeld on friday. turns out the cant help me with my case because i am the sponcer of the ex advent pupil and the finance is in my name. they say it would be two complicated.

the problem is the barclays are looking for their money the loan which was taken out for £5500 ends up being a £12000 loan because of the interest. anyone have any ideas on how i can sort this??

Does anyone know for how long BPF will consider my account in dispute if I ask for it?

i sent in a dispute letter and it was resovled within 14 days the you get the usual letters and phonecalls demanding the money

i phoned up hausfeld on friday. turns out the cant help me with my case because i am the sponcer of the ex advent pupil and the finance is in my name. they say it would be two complicated.

the problem is the barclays are looking for their money the loan which was taken out for £5500 ends up being a £12000 loan because of the interest. anyone have any ideas on how i can sort this??

There is an argument to be had regarding the interest charged.

I have read somewhere in this thread (dont ask me where lol) that people have had loans with 0 % interest.

When people have argued this, bpf have changed their loans to 0 % interest.

Not saying this is solves any issues regarding bpf being a bunch of robbing s**ts, just eases peoples money burdens.

I am going to argue this as it would mean that I only owe £1015 (although they owe me £4000 in reality) and anyone on these 0% interest with any info to help others get there loans switched would be greatly appreciated.

Does anyone know for how long BPF will consider my account in dispute if I ask for it?

In my experience, never! I don't think they have a letter opener or something because I sent mine recorded delivery and it was never acknowledged at all!!!! Nice hey!?

In my experience, never! I don't think they have a letter opener or something because I sent mine recorded delivery and it was never acknowledged at all!!!! Nice hey!?

BPF customer relations at Cardif told me last week that they had....

"100's of unopened letters from the Glasgow office that have not been looked at yet"

They might not all be Advent related, but that level of Incompetence,

general arrogance, and all round distaste for their customers just about

sums up BPF.

Two weeks ago i called them twice to find out what is going on with regard to letters i wrote to them.I was told both times a customer relations team member would call me back - and of course this has not happened.

Hi Fuzz,

Can you clarify this with Ingrid as there is number of us which are sponsors, but under the impression that we are included in the class action?

Regards,

Juicey

Hi Fuzz,

Can you clarify this with Ingrid as there is number of us which are sponsors, but under the impression that we are included in the class action?

Regards,

Juicey

quite agree, my dad is the sponser, can't see what difference it makes as hes paid for me to recieve the goods and the company went bust so no goods. how can it be that the person who has paid the money have no say when things go wrong?

No matter what barclays says MCSE course was mis sold. The bottom line is MCSE is not designed for newbies like me. Microsoft states only people with 2 year experience should attempt to complete the course.

Just for information, I know the guy who had been half way through the MCSE qualifications and says that it's very difficult or almost impossible to pass further exams without practical knowledge and experience in networking.

I know it's going to be a long and exhausting process but I belive we're going to win!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3912 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks