Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3909 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

She? interesting. You expect me to be a good little girl and be quiet because you got angry at me. Hmmm

You know sometimes people need to be told stuff they don't want to hear, usually when they are in the wrong and their responce is usually angry. Remind you of any one.

And Mustard I apologised to you, I did not read every single post but I did read a lot of them and a lot were saying they weren't going to pay which is fine. If you don't want to pay then don't. Maybe I should rip off my shirt, get a pitch fork and head on down to Barclays and beat them till they give me my money back. Maybe then you'd think I was a man.

TBH though I don't really care what you think, what I care about is getting my money back and if I can help other people do the same then great. Why do I write all this stuff on here? Because my way will work that's why. Just not paying is a bad option but do as you see fit.

You obviously have a bit of an issue with being a woman.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

feedme, I do hear what your saying but if you read section 13.6 of the banking code 2008 it quite clearly states....

13.6 We may give information to credit reference agencies

about the personal debts you owe us if:

• you have fallen behind with your payments;

• the amount owed is not being disputed; and

• you have not made proposals we are satisfied with

for repaying your debt, following our formal demands

Just pulled this off BPF website looks like the switch to Cardiff is complete.

Barclays Partner Finance

PO BOX 2501

CARDIFF

CF23 0FP

On the payment subject I have not been paying but I am now having second thoughts because of the mercers threats I might propose a lower payment until there is an outcome to the legal action something for them to keep em happy and they are off my back.

Also I have not gone to the FOS with this yet do you think I should ?

As mercer's ARE barclays these are fairly hollow threats.

BPF have put my account on hold and agreed to freeze any NEW charges until they investigate my "complaint" This will be the 2nd time.

Just keep sending those letters folks (remember RECORDED DELIVERY). I've sent a few copies of the same letter and still only had one response, apart from the constant phonecalls up until the girl agreed to freeze it again.

For those of us who are part of the Class Action, surely in the eyes of the law our accounts are already in dispute and by saying anything to the contrary which they have to sooo many peopl, barclays are quite clearly ignoring the BCSB Banking Code by which they are expected to stick to.

However as this code is voluntary then of course barclay's are going to tell the BCSB "oh yes, we agree to stand by these guidelines" then bend you over with in contempt for the institution.

Maybe they go by "The Pirate Code" instead? :eek::D

BPF have put my account on hold and agreed to freeze any NEW charges until they investigate my "complaint" This will be the 2nd time.

Just keep sending those letters folks (remember RECORDED DELIVERY). I've sent a few copies of the same letter and still only had one response, apart from the constant phonecalls up until the girl agreed to freeze it again.

Not sure what is going on with me,

no demands, no letters,no calls, no reply to account in dispute [signed for 9 weeks ago]

Its like dealing with Circus clowns.

They can not even produce their own agreement.

Edited by lowdown

You obviously have a bit of an issue with being a woman.

No, I'm a giraffe

feedme, I do hear what your saying but if you read section 13.6 of the banking code 2008 it quite clearly states....

We may give information to credit reference agencies

about the personal debts you owe us if:

• you have fallen behind with your payments;

• the amount owed is not being disputed; and

• you have not made proposals we are satisfied with

for repaying your debt, following our formal demands

So it says there if you dispute the amount they can't give information to credit agencies, and if they do it's another rule they are breaking. Still doesn't say you can stop paying if it's in dispute. That's my concern, the law is you have to keep paying even though you dispute it, otherwise you could disput everything and pay nothing.

Why should we play by the book when barclay's quite clearly are not?!

Because it's in your own interest. Now I'm not saying anything about anyone here but imagine it was up to you to rule in this case. Take it as read that barclays have lied, cheated, bullied, harrassed etc...

You have two people; Mr A who has used threatening and abusive language to the staff at Barclays, who has decided he is above the law and has the authority to decide himself not to pay and by his behaviour has caused fines and penalties and just generaly run up costs for Barclays

or

Mr B who has paid everything on time and in full, albeit under protest, who has remained polite and proffessional at all times, has done his best to mittigate costs (that's quite important in legal cases) and has just generaly been reasonable and made the divide between his behaviour and Barclays all the wider.

Who would you be more inclined to rule in favour of, and if both of these people are part of the class action could one of them be jeopardising it for the others

Like I said feedme, I hear what you're saying. However, what about Mr(or Mrs)C who has, after being told over the phone that they were investigating the complaint and that the account would be put on hold for 30 days while it was being investigated, only to be sent a text 2 weeks later saying "your account is now in arrears and we will be adding a charge of £22.50..... If you do not pay this will affect your credit rating"

How can it affect your credit rating if the account is in dispute and they cant give your information to credit reference agencies?

Oh and Mr(or Mrs) C has also continued to be polite, logical and adult with person at the other end as they are aware that the person on the phone is purely doing their job and it is not their fault that they work for a bunch of.............

There is no point in getting aggressive with the call centre staff as they have absolutely no authority whatsoever, with the exception of mercers calls (0151) as they are overly aggressive with their phone manner and demands. This is how they are trained and therefore should be spoken to accordingly.

Edited by gfunkasaur

Like I said feedme, I hear what you're saying. However, what about Mr(or Mrs)C who has, after being told over the phone that they were investigating the complaint and that the account would be put on hold for 30 days while it was being investigated, only to be sent a text 2 weeks later saying "your account is now in arrears and we will be adding a charge of £22.50..... If you do not pay this will affect your credit rating"

How can it affect your credit rating if the account is in dispute and they cant give your information to credit reference agencies?

Possible reasons

1) the account was in arrears before it was disputed and after invetigating themselves and finding themselves in the clear the charge was applied.

2) the account was dispute and after being investigated Barclays found themselves to be in the clear, the charge was incured during the investigation and has been applied retrospectively.

3) Barclays... (need I say more?)

Does it not say the account can be put on hold for up to 30 days? or is it the case it will be put on hold for 30 days?

1) the dispute letter was received by bpf after they had informed mr c that payments would be starting again but before the payment due date.

2) no result of any investigation had been given

3) correct answer....they are a law unto themselves and apart from looking like they're making it up as they go along it would also appear that the left arm does not know what the right arm is doing.

case in point

Stage 1 payment due,

stage 2 mercers harrasement

stage 3 told account is on hold..

stage 4 letter from mercers

stage 5 text messages whilst still on hold

stage 6 apologies on phone and reassured the account is definitely on hold

stage 7... we'll see what happens.

Oh and somewhere in there they sent 2 of their "you have been pre approved for a barclaycard, please apply now" letters

Cheeky bas........

Oh and Mr(or Mrs) C has also continued to be polite, logical and adult with person at the other end as they are aware that the person on the phone is purely doing their job and it is not their fault that they work for a bunch of.............

There is no point in getting aggressive with the call centre staff as they have absolutely no authority whatsoever, with the exception of mercers calls (0151) as they are overly aggressive with their phone manner and demands. This is how they are trained and therefore should be spoken to accordingly.

Everything I've said so far was directed at people dealing with Barclays because once you get to the stage debt collecters are involved things get a whole lot more messy.

We could go on forever and eventually you might find a case where the best way to deal with it is to scream and shout or flatly refuse to pay or whatever but in general, for most people, I would say the vast majority the best thing to to is not make it any more difficult than it already is.

1) the dispute letter was received by bpf after they had informed mr c that payments would be starting again but before the payment due date.

2) no result of any investigation had been given

3) correct answer....they are a law unto themselves and apart from looking like they're making it up as they go along it would also appear that the left arm does not know what the right arm is doing.

case in point

Stage 1 payment due,

stage 2 mercers harrasement

stage 3 told account is on hold..

stage 4 letter from mercers

stage 5 text messages whilst still on hold

stage 6 apologies on phone and reassured the account is definitely on hold

stage 7... we'll see what happens.

Oh and somewhere in there they sent 2 of their "you have been pre approved for a barclaycard, please apply now" letters

Cheeky bas........

Yeah the problem is the debt is with Mercers and all they can do is collect the debt. They can't resolve the matter for you. Only Barclays can resolve the problem so there is going to be some delay in communication between the two companies.

OK. Enough!

I don't know what rock you crawled out from under feedme,

but I think I speak for most people on this forum when I say:

EDITED

Edited by HSBCrusher
PLEASE KEEP THAT TYPE OF LANGUAGE OFF THE FORUM PLEASE

@feed me ..you defo work for Barclays because no 1 ese has acted like this And Has Been So Gay Licking Barclays Ass Like You Have !

edited

And Let Use Deal With How We Want 2 Deal With It

Edited by HSBCrusher
PLEASE KEEP THAT TYPE OF LANGUAGE OFF THE FORUM PLEASE

feedme, you are aware that mercers are barclays, not an outside debt collection agency and is actually the only way they can get around the aforementioned section 13.6

Anyway, I think we should agree to differ as you dont seem to understand how much you are not helping the situation. I know you think you are being helpful but you're really not. Just look at the responses you are gettin above. I do understand where you are coming from, believe me but you are doing nothing more than annoy many of the people on here.

hahaha...I just got a call from barclays offering me a loan!!!!

I said why would I want a loan? They said

Well we have your details on record so you must have had a loan with us in the past!

!!!!!??????!!!!!???? WHAT!!!!!????? do your research you prick!!!!!

hilarious!!!

hahaha...I just got a call from barclays offering me a loan!!!!

I said why would I want a loan? They said

Well we have your details on record so you must have had a loan with us in the past!

!!!!!??????!!!!!???? WHAT!!!!!????? do your research you prick!!!!!

hilarious!!!

maybe you should have took them up on the loan and used to to pay them selves back :grin:

Feedme keeps talking about people who are not paying BPF,

not helping themselves and the legal case.[ and i do see his point]

but......Barclays will [possibly]be in court to defend their actions over S75 cca,and the many other things going down.Not to take people to task about people not paying.That would be down to BPF or a DCA taking that individual to court to recover on another day.

Yes of course it could cause problems further down the road if Barclays won the case against them.But for the purpose of an action against Barclays for the points against them - totally irrelevant.

Edited by lowdown

Feedme keeps talking about people who are not paying BPF,

not helping themselves and the legal case.[ and i do see his point]

but......Barclays will [possibly]be in court to defend their actions over S75 cca,and the many other things going down.Not to take people to task about people not paying.That would be down to BPF or a DCA taking that individual to court to recover on another day.

Yes of course it could cause problems further down the road if Barclays won the case against them.But for the purpose of an action against Barclays for the points against them - totally irrelevent.

also barclays would love you to give them your money.. they get to use it.. they get to show the boss.. look what I have managed to do this week.

and while they have your money you dont.. and I seem to remember hearing somewhere its harder to get something back once given.. best to keep it in your hand

have to say i agree with everyone except feedme on this one i for one will not be paying barclays unless there is absolutely no other choice .

we shouldnt have to abide by the rules of an agreement when they'r clearly making rules to suit themselves!

You know sometimes people need to be told stuff they don't want to hear, usually when they are in the wrong and their responce is usually angry. Remind you of any one.

Because my way will work that's why. Just not paying is a bad option but do as you see fit.

And sometimes people need to get their facts right and inform themselves before they start preaching at others who are taking advice from a top lawyer at an international firm! :rolleyes:

If people want to stop payments on grounds they are disputing the account that is their choice. If they want to continue paying that is also their choice. As Barclays are in the wrong here they certainly can't take any high moral ground.

What makes you an expert on our situation? have you sat down and trawled through all the Advent agreements and paperwork from the nearly 800 people who have sent their stuff to the law firm dealing with our case? No!

What may have been appropriate action advised by your lawyer in your particular case may not be applicable here.

I just had my letter Joanne Lazzari - Collections Manager at BPF Cardiff

if I dont respond to this letter they will be passing my account to mercers and istructing them to issue a formal default notice.

they are threatening that they can collect the full amount £5237 I owe them.

hmm as usual its always their side of the story

BTW I started the Advent course 3 years ago and paid of the loan in full before the interst and monthly payments kicked in. It was the biggest waste of money I have made and I didn't even complete the comptia a+ (because the training material was so useless) and when I asked Barclays for my money back they told me that the term of the course was 2 years and because I'm outside that they have no obligation to refund me or find alternative training.

So if you had asked for your money back within two years,

BPF would have paid it...?

Find that hard to believe.

I just had my letter Joanne Lazzari - Collections Manager at BPF Cardiff

if I dont respond to this letter they will be passing my account to mercers and istructing them to issue a formal default notice.

they are threatening that they can collect the full amount £5237 I owe them.

hmm as usual its always their side of the story

Same old story then - just with different accents...

Where are they relocating to next? Ireland.

They are a bit like Bad news on tour.

Edited by lowdown

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3909 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks