Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3897 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ANNOUNCEMENT.....

Nick Sommerlad of the Daily Mirror national newspaper is researching for a follow up article on our situation. He's asked for evidence of Barclays unethical harassment techniques so if you want to contact him with your story and any texts/recorded phone messages you have that would be great. Thanks.

email removed

Edited by IdaInFife
email removed

Well I have had a letter from Barclays. Telling me that I am now 2 months in arrears so they have added a £22.50 fine onto my account and if I dont pay them within 7 days they will add another £22.50. Im still not goin to pay them but anyone got advice of what I shud do about it. Thanks

Well, I thought it would happen. The FO said BPF agreed to extend my interest free period, guess what I got through the door yesterday. Thats right a demand for payment! Surprise surprise. I will be forwarding the letter on to the FO.

Well I have had a letter from Barclays. Telling me that I am now 2 months in arrears so they have added a £22.50 fine onto my account and if I dont pay them within 7 days they will add another £22.50. Im still not goin to pay them but anyone got advice of what I shud do about it. Thanks

I am in the same situation .. my payments were due to restart 15th may

I have already written and phoned that I dispute the company they found for me, and told them no way was I paying them a penny while computech or Else! were the options.

They have marked my credit score with late payment.. I have not checked but should imagine I have a second mark.

So its upto the lawsuit now, but I still refuse to accept the options I have been offered.

if you went to a shop and brought a nice blue jumper and when I got home I found it had got holes in it, I would take it back to the shop, if they told me they did not have any more of the blue jumpers.. here have this ****ty orange coloured one instead.. would you accept it? would you have to accept it? no! so why should I accept a ****ty offering of training company I have already been a student of.

Barclays know they have to pay by law they are liable, they made billions off their customers, they paid themselves millions in bonuses.. so now its the bad times and instead of us having to pay.. its barclays turn!!!!

Edited by 10pack

Received two mail from bpf. one saying 'FAILURE TO RESPOND TO THIS LETTER WILL RESULT IN US PASSING YOUR ACCOUNT TO OUR AGENT, MERCERS DEBT COLLECTIONS LTD, AND INSTRUCTING THEM TO ISSUE YOU A FORMAL DEFAULT NOTICE.'

another letter saying ' WE ARE NOT IN A POSITION TO PROVIDE YOU WITH A FULL RESPONSE AS WE ARE STILL INVESTIGATING YOU CONCERNS. BPF ARE CARRYING OUT A FURTHER INVESTIGATION AND WILL BE LOOKING TO RESPOND TO YOU WITH A DECISION BY THE 23 JULY.

but I'm not gonna pay a penny.

I have not read all the posts here as there are 205 pages of them but several people have said that they just simply aren't going to pay.

You signed an agreement to pay 'x' amount for 'x' months. You must have planned to make these payments and therefore should still be able to afford to make these payments.

The fact that Advent went bust is not the fault of Barclays however they are jointly and severally liable so does this mean you can just stop paying them?

NO!!! and by not paying you are making a bad financial situation worse and you are undermining your own arguement.

If it goes to court and it is ruled in favour of Barclays then you will have a bad credit rating, financial penalties to pay for missing payments AND the rest of the loan to pay.

If you get lawyers or the Financial Onbudsman involved and you have just simply stopped making payments then it could be considered you were acting unreasonably and that could count against you.

The agreement stands and is legally binding until Barclays and you agree otherwise or until Barclays are told otherwise by a relevant authority. So for your own sakes keep making the payments until the matter is resolved.

BTW I started the Advent course 3 years ago and paid of the loan in full before the interst and monthly payments kicked in. It was the biggest waste of money I have made and I didn't even complete the comptia a+ (because the training material was so useless) and when I asked Barclays for my money back they told me that the term of the course was 2 years and because I'm outside that they have no obligation to refund me or find alternative training.

Did anyone else know there was a 2 year time limit or did you all think it was an open ended course?

I have not read all the posts here as there are 205 pages of them but several people have said that they just simply aren't going to pay.

You signed an agreement to pay 'x' amount for 'x' months. You must have planned to make these payments and therefore should still be able to afford to make these payments.

The fact that Advent went bust is not the fault of Barclays however they are jointly and severally liable so does this mean you can just stop paying them?

NO!!! and by not paying you are making a bad financial situation worse and you are undermining your own arguement.

If it goes to court and it is ruled in favour of Barclays then you will have a bad credit rating, financial penalties to pay for missing payments AND the rest of the loan to pay.

If you get lawyers or the Financial Onbudsman involved and you have just simply stopped making payments then it could be considered you were acting unreasonably and that could count against you.

The agreement stands and is legally binding until Barclays and you agree otherwise or until Barclays are told otherwise by a relevant authority. So for your own sakes keep making the payments until the matter is resolved.

BTW I started the Advent course 3 years ago and paid of the loan in full before the interst and monthly payments kicked in. It was the biggest waste of money I have made and I didn't even complete the comptia a+ (because the training material was so useless) and when I asked Barclays for my money back they told me that the term of the course was 2 years and because I'm outside that they have no obligation to refund me or find alternative training.

Did anyone else know there was a 2 year time limit or did you all think it was an open ended course?

The above is the harsh and true reality of how unfair this is and how on paper, this is right.

My boyfriend decided to pay his loan upfront in the end as he didnt want any bad debt against him just in case he didnt win the case as this would hurt him a lot more than a few missed payments to Barclays.

It doesn't make any sense and you shouldn't be forced to go with a company you haven't signed up for and I hope when/if it goes to court we all win but I've just tried to accept the worse case sceanio just in case. None of us are lawyers, who knows if there is a little loophole in the paperwork to let Barclays get away with this....

Good grief i suggest you read the 205 pages - there is more to this than you think.

Erm, I'm £4450 out of pocket and out of work, and because it was more than 2 years ago I started with Advent I get no refund from Barclays and no alternative traing from Computeach. And I have no idea who Wilma Thompson is:confused:

.plus if it dose come 2 that then we all go backrupt .

Not being funny but I don't quite understand your post, sorry.

a name like Feed me, sums up Barclays really a Bloated,Archaic financier who has had it to easy for too long.

Whoever it is must think we are really stupid!!!

Do you think I'm from Barclays? I certainly am not but I am someone who has used a credit fee agreement (no-win-no-fee) on three occasions and have won each time. So given my experience of taking legal action I would suggest you make all the payments until such time as the credit agreement is cancelled, terminated, declared null and void or whatever.

But the agreement is lawful at the moment, therfore you have to pay. And when the agreement is shown to be unlawful or unfair then you will get your money back.

If you stop paying now you will only undermine any legal action you might take later. You're shooting yourself in the foot.

Also my credit agreement was with Clydesdale and the letter I got from them says if I suffer a loss of at least 25% of my household income or am involuntarily unemployed or sick etc... I can take a break from making payments, interest free, for up to 12 months

Edited by IdaInFife
added bottom paragraph / prev post removed

But the agreement is lawful at the moment, therfore you have to pay. And when the agreement is shown to be unlawful or unfair then you will get your money back.

Not according to a legal team involved at the moment.

Like i said, read through the 205 pages.

You might get the picture. Its more than just Advent going down the pan,

And Computeach hanging on by its string vest.

In my case BPF keep extending my account on hold for 30 days,

while they investigate my claim.

Edited by lowdown

Yes by all means we should pay.. but what is the point when Barclays clearly are just playing with us.. and have no intentions of honouring their side of the agreement.

computeach is no way a suitable alternative and they know it.. they told us they searched for for an alternative.. damn liars!!!.

computeach and its students owe barclays money, and if computeach also goes bust (they are running a -£2.4m loss) then barclays are in an even bigger hole.. so they dumped us advent students on computeach hoping the extra cash will keep computeach afloat.

so tell me who is breaking contract terms??

I do not wish to be a computeach student!!! (I already have been in the past).. and I do not see how barclays can make me accept something I do not want.. so they can end my contract now return my £312 and call it quits or it goes to court and they will end up paying even more.

...computeach or else!!.. are not equal or better alternatives!!!!

You must have planned to make these payments and therefore should still be able to afford to make these payments.

As i said before you do not have a clue, maybe you don't work for Barclays but you sure as hell are acting like it. The has been a global financial crisis caused by banks like Barclays which has affected many of us young and old. Allot of us simiply cannot afford to pay them. To be totally honest i doubt all of us could have afforded the payments before we got the loan, but then we were promised fantastic jobs paid 30k a year plus. In addition do this Barclays were actually lending irresponsibly in many cases in the first place one months payment was 25% of my monthly salary in the job i was in at the time hardly rocket science is it.

How dare you come on here and try to make some of us out to be idiots. You should have read all of the pages!

I got my answer from FOS yesterday, and basically they are said Barclay offer me alternative provider and I need to accept this...My Hope in that instytution is GONE

Edited by On Hook

Spot on, 10pack! Sums it all up perfectly!

S75 of CCA - breached by Barclays/Advent. 2 month gap before CT appointment.

Mis-selling by Advent - lots of evidence on the agreements we signed and our personal testimonies of sales techniques by those who visited our homes.

Like for like? - proven NOT so by CT replies to our inquiries!

Case won!

Barclays shamed - skulduggery, lying, bullying and intimidation! Let's see them recover from that in the press! It's just a matter of time.

Please all contact Nick Sommerlad at the Daily Mirror who is prepared to confront Barclays if he has testimony and evidence from us.

As i said before you do not have a clue, maybe you don't work for Barclays but you sure as hell are acting like it. The has been a global financial crisis caused by banks like Barclays which has affected many of us young and old. Allot of us simiply cannot afford to pay them. To be totally honest i doubt all of us could have afforded the payments before we got the loan, but then we were promised fantastic jobs paid 30k a year plus. In addition do this Barclays were actually lending irresponsibly in many cases in the first place one months payment was 25% of my monthly salary in the job i was in at the time hardly rocket science is it.

How dare you come on here and try to make some of us out to be idiots. You should have read all of the pages!

Exactly - let's not forget the astronomical 26% interest is also questionable as going against the OFT and FSA guidelines.

Greedy, scheming and unethical traders.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3897 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks