Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3890 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Got a letter from FOS yesterday stating as i settled 1 year interest free loan with BPF by debit card section 75 does not apply so they dont think they can follow up my complaint so somethin to think about for people who have yet to settle section 75 only applies to credit cards!!

Also the whole study in your own time makes sense as if you think u hav all the time in the world your likely to put studying on the back burner now and again and eventually lose interest especially when the mock exams are such a ball ache! makes it quite obvious to me that this was a well thought through [problem] all along!!

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey, have not ben here for 3 weeks ao i need to catch up with about 400 posts :confused:

Anyway BPF has not put my account in dispute, even thought I asked them about 3 times to do so already. In may last letter to them I repeated myself again, of cource, and aslo questioned the interest they randomly put on my account. I received a letter from Anne Smith with a new offet with 16% interest instead of 29%. So I do not know whther to accept it and still fight or not pay. It is very stressfull for me. Also they do not call me that often anymore but they sent me a text that if I do not pay they will forward my details to debt collecting agency. Bastards.

I also started to get calls from very strange number +2125551212

but always missed it. +212 is Morroco :rolleyes:

Did I miss anything important? Also I did not have a chance to post the papers to the lawyers yet. can i still do that? I was waiting for my contract that I gave one of my friends.

Hi,

I have till now ignored the phone calls and now I am receiving up to 4 calls a day sometimes a hang up when I answer one answer phone message was left at 7.30am, there is another place to report them to but I see they have been reported in the past. They don't seem to care about any regulatory body in any form. I thought if I let the calls increase and I keep a log then it'll be worse for them. ;)

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/bulletins/comp_bull_index/comp_bull_ocases/open_all/cw_905/BCs128090708.pdf

Section 1

1 Notification under section 128(1) of the

Communications Act 2003

1. This notification is issued to Barclays Bank plc, trading as Barclaycard (“Barclaycard”),

registered company number 1026167 and registered address 1 Churchill Place, London

E14 5HP.

2. This notification:

a. sets out Ofcom’s determination pursuant to section 128(1) of the Communications

Act 2003 (the “Act”);

Hey Bluedo,

I had 12 calls a day, sundays, bank holidays, evenings. I sent a letter to managing director, who responded that if i want the calls to stop I should pay. Haha. anyway, I sent more letters and eventually calls are eihter once, twice a day or not at all now, but threatning me with debt collectors.

Mustard2243 since i paid with debit card (2008) looks like im screwed but i refuse to admit defeat, now seriously considering paying off my debt with a barclys credit card and then refusing to pay and sayin take me to court and bringing all this up! worst comes to worst i offer to pay back a pound a week!!

If the FO rule in favour of Barclays i will wait for the class action if the class action fails (highly unlikely). I will go Bankrupt Barclays will not get anything from me ever full stop.

I'm with you on this one Mustard I'll wait for the class action and if it fails then I still won't be paying nothing they can take me to court I refuse to pay for being conned and lied to.

Plus having my free will taken to choose who I want to study with it's not right.

Hey Bluedo,

I had 12 calls a day, sundays, bank holidays, evenings. I sent a letter to managing director, who responded that if i want the calls to stop I should pay. Haha. anyway, I sent more letters and eventually calls are eihter once, twice a day or not at all now, but threatning me with debt collectors.

Hi Maygav,

It's not too late to send your stuff to the lawyers. That's interesting they are offering to reduce the interest rate they must be getting desperate.

No calls today yet must be bothering somebody else today.

I received a letter from Anne Smith with a new offet with 16% interest instead of 29%. So I do not know whther to accept it and still fight or not pay. It is very stressfull for me. Also they do not call me that often anymore but they sent me a text that if I do not pay they will forward my details to debt collecting agency. b*****ds.

I also started to get calls from very strange number +2125551212

but always missed it. +212 is Morroco :rolleyes:

Up to you if you accept....

But that offer should be forwarded to the legal team...

That offer should be made to all students - not just random, otherwise we could all ask for that. [ not that i will]

BPF just making up as they go along - again!

Getting you on their side.

Edited by lowdown

Spoke too soon just had a call so thought today I'll tell them our position but he refused to talk to me as get this He needs to speak to my Dad as it's his name on the account. So are they going to force my Dad to study with Computeach??

This is another stitch up according to Advent my dad was to be guarantor well normally that would mean if I didn't pay THEN they would inform him but I've had no communication from them so everything has been going to him albeit I have been dealing with this mess so far.

Edited by Bluedo

hi everyone,

I'm not sure where i would stand on this one! i have looked through quite a few pages on here and not found the answer!

I took on a course from advent thaat i paid for using a BPF 12 month option where i paid them the balance after 12 months into the course. would i be in a position to reclaim fees?

I have sop far been passed from barclays to computeach to advent and back again a giant circle! has anyone got anywhere with things at all ??

Up to you if you accept....

But that offer should be forwarded to the legal time...

That offer should be made to all students - not just random, otherwise we could all ask for that. [ not that i will]

BPF just making up as they go along - again!

Getting you on their side.

I have read quite a few threads back that one of the salesmen told a potential student that he can have interest free credit and that is how british students do it. But i was never offered anything like that so I wrote to BPF and said that it is unfair and a potential discrimination if that is true. So I guess that is why they offered this to me. I will write again that I will not accept unless it is 0% and even then i would pay in protest. It is just ruining my credit report as BPF did not put my account on hold, still, after almost 2 months.

my agreement is also intersest free for the amount £4950 for CDS course..thats why i accepted advent. Its there in my mind like if i get proper IT job, i can pay back this amount in less time. Just for the sake of job (well advent stressed over this point as i had masters degree already), i signed advent..otherwise i never go for distant learning program when i had masters..

i think BPF will decide the finance options based on credit reports..just saying becoz advent sales person come up wit three BPF options to me.

I have sop far been passed from barclays to computeach to advent and back again a giant circle! has anyone got anywhere with things at all ??

what do you mean?? were u originally studying with computeach??

Has anyone who's been getting the multiple phone calls from BPF actually managed to get them to stop? I've had calls almost daily this week and despite asking for all dealings to be in writing they have continued. Any advice?

The contract on my phone was due for renewal.. while I was in the mobule phone store looking a new mobiles I had three calls all from the usual suspects.

So I have a new number.. its not for everyone.. but maybe you can ask you service provider to change your number.. and if you need to call BPF.. withhold your number.. you do not have to give it to them.. they abused the right to have it.

I have had no response to my letter to them.. I forgot to send it signed for so cant check what they have done with it.

Now have had 2 letters one telling me I am months in arrears.. since 2008??? I signed up with Advent mid December 2009 .

second letter was telling me I was one month in arrears and that they have added £22.50 fine and will keep adding every 10 days.. these letter arrived 2 working days after my supposed payment date which happened to be on 15th May.. Saturday.. calls started the day after.

So even though I have sent them a letter.. do I really need to send them another one to ignore? otherwise I will complain to the FOS and Trading Standards.

depends how you paid dude! debit card like me n sounds like your screwed, credit card and the foslink3.gif should be able to reclaim for you, cheque etc not sure!

On the subject of debit cards:

Although paying by this method means that you don't have the benefit of S75 - it does not prevent you from bringing action if the course was misold or you simply didn't get waht you paid for.

David

On the subject of debit cards:

Although paying by this method means that you don't have the benefit of S75 - it does not prevent you from bringing action if the course was misold or you simply didn't get waht you paid for.

David

David, do you think Hausfeld/Fuzzbutt would be the way to go for people who paid by debit card?

hi everyone,

I'm not sure where i would stand on this one! i have looked through quite a few pages on here and not found the answer!

I took on a course from advent thaat i paid for using a BPF 12 month option where i paid them the balance after 12 months into the course. would i be in a position to reclaim fees?

did you pay up straight away or did you take credit for a year then pay. if you did then you are covered by s75. did you sign a credit agreement with bpf or did you pay advent the cash? if you paid advent by debit card then you are screwed but if you paid bpf after 1year interest free then you are covered. hope this helps.

did you pay up straight away or did you take credit for a year then pay. if you did then you are covered by s75. did you sign a credit agreement with bpf or did you pay advent the cash? if you paid advent by debit card then you are screwed but if you paid bpf after 1year interest free then you are covered. hope this helps.

So if you took a year interst free with BPF and then paid by debit card S75 applies?? Cheers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3890 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks