• Tweets

• I'm trying to unravel this – but I get the impression that there was no contract between you and EVRi and that you didn't even choose them but instead you decided use some third party parcel broker in the USA which organised the delivery. Is this correct? EVRi came into the picture because they would then eventually selected for part of the journey although you had no knowledge that it might be them and I suppose it didn't really matter as long as the item got to you. Secondly, I really don't understand the journey which this item made. You bought the item from somebody in the USA. They then were meant to dispatch it to you to another address in the USA but for some reason or other it came to the UK and then into the hands of EVRi at which point it was lost or stolen. More confusion here because you now tell us that EVRi marked it as being out for delivery but it was never delivered. This suggests that it was going to be delivered to a UK address but earlier on you said that it was going to be delivered to USA address. I think you need to look at the story. Maybe show it to a friend of yours who is not particularly where the details and ask them if they can make head or tail of it and then come back to us with clarification so that we fully understand. Also, I think we'd like to know what the item is, how was it declared, what was the value which was declared. You said it was a valuable item because it was rare and collectable. I gather from this that it is non-fungible. We need to understand more about this. Was an insurance policy purchased to cover it during the delivery process. I understand that this rare and collectable item be valued at £200. Have evidence this value. This could become very important. Also you have given is no idea when this happened. We need to understand the full timescale. There are a number of possibilities here including the possibility of the contract action against EVRi on the basis of your third party rights or an action for negligence but we need to know far more and we need to get a story that makes sense.   Finally, I understand that you have sent the letter of claim. What did it say? How much time did you give them? What did you expect to happen as a result of the letter of claim? Whatever the answers to those questions might be, clearly you had no idea how to proceed after having sent such a letter. A letter of claim is meant to be a serious threat of some legal action if some condition which you have stipulated is not complied with. You set a deadline for compliance and at the end of that deadline you issue the court action. Clearly you are not in a position to do that so your letter of claim is a bluff and undermines your credibility and it will find its way into the EVRi wastepaper basket – if it's not there already.  
    • Good morning. I just wanted to check something please. The other side have moved slightly and negotiated a full and final offer price to end this matter. I am happy with this. However, I want to make sure this is the end of the matter and am emailing the following over to them prior to payment. Is this enough to ensure they can come back for nothing else? Thanks -------------------------------------------------- Dear Sir.   With regards your last email below.   I am pleased to agree to the full and final settlement figure given below.   Can you confirm this payment will be in full and final payment with no further claim to be brought against me in this matter?   Best regards
    • 100% sure I didn't receive it, that why my first post is with the £100 letter.
    • Engine, the technology business Starling Bank was built on, has been busy launching banks around the world, from Romania to Australia.View the full article
    • use this your WS and inc this as an exhibit off to bed now 3 nights been up till 4am aurora watching wont be on too early as it's lambing season out herding with the dog. your WS main thrust is the debt would now be SB'd , the DN was filed xxxyrs+months after it should have been thus unlawfully extending  SB date to infinity. highlight their admittance regarding errors at that time period in your 'redetermination'  paragraph. agreements unreadable. would have already been written off due to SLC age write off criteria has they not issued the claim to stop the SB clock when they had no paperwork to prove their case in the 1st place. never earned over threshold. dx       Erudio - stopped sending email deferments won at FOS DRN-4141462.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3905 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finally got hold of a copy of the advent contract which allows 30 days to rectify an Event of Default (breach of contract).

Working on a letter, in effect a Default Notice, which specifies the breach

and gives 30 days to rectify it.

Thinking it will need to go to both Advent (waste of time I know but..) and BPF.

After that period they run out of time.

Letter will be up some time tomorrow.

David

Thats good news but, whats to say that BPF wont squish our chances of getting the money back by getting us a IT provider before then? I guess we can always hope but its nothing to get really excited about yet. None the less it still is promising something will be resolved by then.

Your problems seem very famiilar with Advent Consulting but would like to inform you that a similar situation has occured regarding a Company called Property Professionals Ltd which went into administration a few weeks ago we have our own forum on

Money Saving Expert.com with very similar comments and unanswered questions we to are involved with Barclays involving

1,000 candidates. Could your main contact whoever please log on to this site as we could prehaps join forces.

Edited by Terryman

Thats good news but, whats to say that BPF wont squish our chances of getting the money back by getting us a IT provider before then? I guess we can always hope but its nothing to get really excited about yet.

Well, if they can find an acceptable alternative supplier within that period, it would in fact remedy the breach and fulfill their responsibility under S75.

It does however put a time limit on a situation that is just drifting.

David

Finally got hold of a copy of the advent contract which allows 30 days to rectify an Event of Default (breach of contract).

Working on a letter, in effect a Default Notice, which specifies the breach

and gives 30 days to rectify it.

Thinking it will need to go to both Advent (waste of time I know but..) and BPF.

After that period they run out of time.

Letter will be up some time tomorrow.

David

So when actually did the countdown begin? With an email from advent we received in January?

Thanks bluedo, much appreciated

just a couple of things, do i need to send both letters together or separately, and what do i put where you have put the stars :confused:

Hi Wasabi

Firstly did you receive a letter from BPF if so put the date when you received it where the stars are.( if you didn't get a letter just miss out that bit.)

and most important get the account frozen to stop them taking any money till it's sorted out.Get that sent asap.

Then I'd wait for cashins new letter re. Default notice and then we should all send that one.hope there's hundreds of them

Good point, don't see how Advent could retify the breach anyway.

Regarding BPF - from when they receive the notice.

David

Thanks for organising a letter Cashins

Can't it be from when Advent breached the contract ?? just wondering

no wonder Barclay's have £11 Billion profit wow!!!

Edited by Bluedo

Hi Wasabi

Firstly did you receive a letter from BPF if so put the date when you received it where the stars are.( if you didn't get a letter just miss out that bit.)

and most important get the account frozen to stop them taking any money till it's sorted out.Get that sent asap.

Then I'd wait for cashins new letter re. Default notice and then we should all send that one.hope there's hundreds of them

cheers Bluedo, ur a star. ive recived both the first letter advising of the situation, and the second letter telling us their looking for an alternative provider. do i just send out a reply to the latest letter to get my account frozen?

Edited by wasabi project

Hi guys,

BPF r still playing same game with us. I called them today and got the same response. and also that guy told me that there is no time limit and we should wait untill they find someone. I'm going mad with situation. How long should we wait? There r making billions profit (Metro, Tues) and we ended up like this..

I would like to send second letter with a deadline on it..can anyone pease reply to me with the format..i got confused with lots of letters here.plz give the correct one. all of ur help is really appreciated..and all of us should stand together to battle this matter against f***g BPF..

Like all the rest of you, I am waiting to see what will happen in this whole sorry mess. So far I haven't had any correspondence from either Advent or BPF (other than the anouncement e-mail from Advent). I have cancelled my Direct Debit - as advised by Barclays when I phoned them on Friday - and was told that they were seeking an alternative provider of the same or better quality for no extra cost.

My query is that, according to Advent's notice, Barclays "were pulling out of the student training sector" so how can they be prepared to put money into another one? Is it all just a smokescreen? And is it just coincidence that they are advertising huge profits immediately after pulling the rug from under Advent?

I totally agree with Babado and BRW and think we should join forces and write in droves to their head office. Can't wait to see the latest letter Cashins!

Edited by GillyBee
getting rid of all the FONT stuff

Hi Guys

Does any1 know how many staff worked at Advent / Access, or have contact with any1 that worked there?

Any info would be appreciated.

Hi, petehead.

I emailed the chap who signed me up to my course, as I kept him in my contacts list just in case (good thing, too). He stated that he, an employee, found out on the same day that we did and that he could offer me no answers.

I'll point out he was the first person I tried to get in contact with, as the Advent phone lines were all down (despite the email saying to call an Advent advisor).

I would say speaking to an employee would be worse than useless as, unless you know the CEO, they won't have much more information other than whether or not they'll be getting any redundancy pay I'd imagine.

Similar situation for about 1000 trainees at Property Professionals + which went into administration on 3 February. Average payment by trainees about £5k but some much higher than that.

Barclays Partner Finance reluctant to meet their responsibilities under Section 75. We all need to get together on this and bring pressure to bear. With £11.6 bn profits, they need to make a gesture or suffer a big PR disaster.

Barclays PF have also withdrawn funding for courses at another major training provider. This has led to difficulties there (although they claim that HSBC has now offered funding), so we may soon have even more people seeking Section 75 refunds.

Joseph Pestell

Hon Secretary

Institute of Home Inspection

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluedo viewpost.gif

Hi Wasabi

cheers Bluedo, ur a star. ive recived both the first letter advising of the situation, and the second letter telling us their looking for an alternative provider. do i just send out a reply to the latest letter to get my account frozen?

Hi There,

If anyone wants help/guidance with the S75 refund let me know, been helping people with them for years - I do it for a living :-)

The first thing to take on board with BPF and all Financial Institutions, they are programmed to refuse your request at first because they assume you do not know about S75. You have to pressurise and push the right buttons, I have had Barclays/Lloyds/RBS making refunds within 14 days and you know it hurts them every time.

hello chickyboy,

Ive sent letter to BPF to freeze my account which theyve confirmed. Also asked for proof of receipt that theyve paid advent the sum total of 5500 but heard nothing. its been over a month now and still non the wiser. Is there anything else i can do? (took 3y intrest free in oct09)

Hi everyone.

Here's the situation I'm in. I initially applied for Advents one years interest free loan for £4800 or so with Clysdale Finance(Now Barclays) to fund my course but just before the year was up, I paid the entire amount to Clysdale with my credit card to avoid the horrendous interest. I haven't done much of the course because of other commitments but this is besides the point and now, as everyone else, have no course to do anyway.

Have I got any protection as although I didn't pay Advent directly with my credit card, rather the finance company, surely something should be covered through the consumer credit agreement as the payment was made on credit card.

I look forward to any advise anyone can give me.

Suggested default notice for BPF.

It gives 30 days notice of an event of default as required by clause 13.7 of the Advent contract.

They will probably ignore it but if they don't comply feel free to take them to court.

** February 2010

Account Number: ***************

Default Notice

Dear/Sir Madam

Following the closure of Advent Consulting Ltd, you have failed to honour the terms of their contract **********, for which you are jointly and severally liable under S75, Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Specifically, you have failed to find an alternative training provider capable of fully assuming the functions specified in the Advent Consulting Ltd contract.

To remedy this breach you must, by ** March 2010.

Arrange for a training provider to fully fulfill the terms of the Advent Consulting contract or, if this proves impossible, cancel the above credit agreement and refund all payments made.

In the event of you failing to remedy the breach by **March 2010, legal action may commence under S75, Consumer Credit Act 1974, with no further warning.

Yours faithfully.

Important: Regarding the date you insert for them to comply: You must allow 2 working days, (excluding wk ends) for it to reach them by 1st class post. The 30 days to comply must run from then

David

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3905 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks