Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3902 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been following this thread since Advent and Accees 2 Trade careers went bust. My sympathy does go out to all concerned. I work in the legal sector and I have a friend who signed up to one of these courses.

The directors concerned have already set up another company (Advent consulting Ltd). I am representing my friend with regards to Barclays and Advent.

If, and when I find out anything that will be of use to you all I will inform you straight away of any developments.

In the meantime I urge anyone who hasn't yet signed up to the No.10 website to do so. More numbers, greater voice.

Thank you for your support, we need more like you. Pooling resources will help us all.

The petition link Petition to: Request money back for students of the collapsed IT Firm Advent Consulting Ltd. | Number10.gov.uk

I wondered when Ashley Jones, Andrew Allchurch and possibly John Whitehead would show up again.

Do you happen to know the date of incorporation please and business registration number?

Regards David M

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Name & Registered Office:

ADVENT CONSULTING LIMITED

C/O BULLEY DAVEY 6 NORTH STREET

OUNDLE

PETERBOROUGH

UK

UNITED KINGDOM

PE8 4AL

Company No. 07105742

Date of Incorporation: 15/12/2009

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Nature of Business (SIC(03)):

None Supplied

Accounting Reference Date: 31/12

Last Accounts Made Up To: (NO ACCOUNTS FILED)

Next Accounts Due: 30/09/2011

Last Return Made Up To:

Next Return Due: 12/01/2011

Previous Names:

No previous name information has been recorded over the last 20 years.

Name & Registered Office:

ADVENT CONSULTING LIMITED

C/O BULLEY DAVEY 6 NORTH STREET

OUNDLE

PETERBOROUGH

UK

UNITED KINGDOM

PE8 4AL

Company No. 07105742

Date of Incorporation: 15/12/2009

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Nature of Business (SIC(03)):

None Supplied

Accounting Reference Date: 31/12

Last Accounts Made Up To: (NO ACCOUNTS FILED)

Next Accounts Due: 30/09/2011

Last Return Made Up To:

Next Return Due: 12/01/2011

Previous Names:

No previous name information has been recorded over the last 20 years.

Excellent information, almost on my doorstep.

The deadline for the No 10 petition is 12 May, 736 signatures so far, there must be many more to go!!!!!

Excellent information, almost on my doorstep.

The deadline for the No 10 petition is 12 May, 736 signatures so far, there must be many more to go!!!!!

Hi To All,

Advent Consulting Limited in Peterborough is a completely different Company, I spoke to the Accountants last week and also have done a full Director search.

The Company is using their Accountants as their Registered Office which is normal. :(

Chickyboy

Will Barclays pay again the same amount of money to the new provider? I don't think so, and certainly something stinks at this point, as it stinks the whole situation!

No - they will take the cheapest quote, then screw them into the ground on the price.

Which comes back to what cr*p deal will they try and force on people.

David

Their registered office is care of Accountants Bulley Davey. :rolleyes:

Hi Some way back a few weeks ago I found this Advent Consulting in companies house and gave the Bulley Davey office a phone call firstly they said it was the Peterborough office I'd need to phone then when I got through to it they said I'd need to phone the Oundle office I told them I'd spoken to them and they said to phone Peterborough I was put on hold then after a while they took my number to call back(take what you like out of it)

They did call back a man who said that he had set up a new company for a man that was a 1 man band in december and unfortunately for him had named his company Advent Consulting and that they had received quite a few calls that they didn't understand why so many calls :eek:as it was just a new company.

My query being why is an accountancy firm registering a company in someone elses name something wasn't quite right with it. Just got a feeling:confused: but had to take what they said at the time

Hi Some way back a few weeks ago I found this Advent Consulting in companies house and gave the Bulley Davey office a phone call firstly they said it was the Peterborough office I'd need to phone then when I got through to it they said I'd need to phone the Oundle office I told them I'd spoken to them and they said to phone Peterborough I was put on hold then after a while they took my number to call back(take what you like out of it)

They did call back a man who said that he had set up a new company for a man that was a 1 man band in december and unfortunately for him had named his company Advent Consulting and that they had received quite a few calls that they didn't understand why so many calls :eek:as it was just a new company.

My query being why is an accountancy firm registering a company in someone elses name something wasn't quite right with it. Just got a feeling:confused: but had to take what they said at the time

The plot thickens, or so it appears!

Hi THE ROADIE,

My hubby is in the same situation as you. Is it ok if we copy your letter and send it to BPF. Did you send any other letters to them before the latest one?

Thanks

Sure. That was the first letter I sent them, if I get a letter from them with an unsatisfacotry response, I will threaten them with court action.

Ive just recieved my 4 week regulatory letter from Barclays telling me they are still investigating into my complaint.

My experience tells me (I used to work with endowment complaints) that they have another 4 weeks or I can go to the FOS for non-compliance of FSA guidelines.

Hi all, I received confirmation yesterday from the FOS to confirm my letter of complaint has been sent to Barclays. However, the address that it was sent to is Clydesdale Financial Services Limited in Cardiff, CF23 8FF. I called the FOS to query this and they assured me it was correct, that's the head office and that's where all complaints about Barclays are going to. Is anyone able to confirm this and has anyone had a letter sent on their behalf from the FOS that has gone to BPF in Glasgow?

Hi all, I received confirmation yesterday from the foslink3.gif to confirm my letter of complaint has been sent to Barclays. However, the address that it was sent to is Clydesdale Financial Services Limited in Cardiff, CF23 8FF. I called the foslink3.gif to query this and they assured me it was correct, that's the head office and that's where all complaints about Barclays are going to. Is anyone able to confirm this and has anyone had a letter sent on their behalf from the foslink3.gif that has gone to BPF in Glasgow?

Clydesdale Financial Services Ltd T/A Barclay Partner Finance, are closing the Glasgow operation and moving to Cardiff.

I can only assume that the FOS already have that address.

David

Clydesdale Financial Services Ltd T/A Barclay Partner Finance, are closing the Glasgow operation and moving to Cardiff.

I can only assume that the FOS already have that address.

David

Thanks for the info David. I just hope there's someone already in Cardiff to collect mail :)

Doesn't matter if you've paid back the loan or not - BPF are still liable under S75.

David

Thanks David, I'm going to start hassling BPF to make sure I'm getting included in the communications sent out, like everyone else, if/when i get responses i'll post on here.

Thanks

Charlie

Sure. That was the first letter I sent them, if I get a letter from them with an unsatisfacotry response, I will threaten them with court action.

Thanks. I'll send them the letter tomorrow and see what or if I get a reply. Can you keep us informed of how you get on and i'll do the same. Starts to get pretty scary when courts are involved!!!

No - they will take the cheapest quote, then screw them into the ground on the price.

Which comes back to what cr*p deal will they try and force on people.

David

that's a compelling reason to stand against being forced to accept a new provider. If someone finally decides to take the step first and go to court on this matter, this could be a solid argument of injustice!!

hi all just found this forum and i am in the same boat as you all. paid £4750 for a book and tool kit. have phoned b.p.f. about three times without success. not had a letter from them yet surpose its because i paid in full when the loan was due. will sending them a letter stating section 75 make them shake and pay up or will they just throw it in the bin and hope we will all go away?

Hmmmmm..

Just had a look over on the Advent/Hitachi thred.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/students/244742-advent-computer-training-hitachi-4.html

Seems Hitachi are refusing to even freeze payments (post #70), despite written demands and complaints.

That really is a disgrace.

David

Don't know what response you are likely to get from them as again they are an organisation set up by themselves, so to speak.

As far as I can see:

You are not in breach of contract with Advent by being ill - (clause 11.2 of the Advent contract)

Advent are in breach by closing.

In my view you have a claim aginst BPF under S75 of the Consumer credit Act.

David

Thank you for that. It's nice to hear back from someone!

Hi Frnds,

Today i spoke to BPF..seems to be they r very clever about this situation. The lady told me that even i complain to FOS, they ain't going to cancal my contract as they are trying to fullfill it by providing another trainer..she even gave me fos contact number if i wish to complain abt this. and also insisted that i've no choice untill they find another provider and have to join them even i don't like it. Now i'm totally confused about my next move..i have'nt sent any letters to them so far. guys plz guide thru this situation..

Hi Frnds,

Today i spoke to BPF..seems to be they r very clever about this situation. The lady told me that even i complain to FOS, they ain't going to cancal my contract as they are trying to fullfill it by providing another trainer..she even gave me fos contact number if i wish to complain abt this. and also insisted that i've no choice untill they find another provider and have to join them even i don't like it. Now i'm totally confused about my next move..i have'nt sent any letters to them so far. guys plz guide thru this situation..

Don't be put off by this and accept whatever they tell you. The people on the end of the phone will have been given a standard response that they must give by the people at the top in the hope you will accept their resolution. Keep pushing them until a resolution has been reached that everyone must abide by.

It will only take one person to take them to court and have a judge rule in our favour and they will have to give everyone else the same judgement. It has not got to the point with me personally yet to take them to court, but if it does, that is what I will be doing.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3902 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks