Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3907 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Come on guys, Call the number here: 0121 567 6104.

so we let them know That is from every part of this country, it will be in the news and everything, I will be interviewed so Barclays or Whatever start taking the Pressure! CAAAALLLL!!! now!

Hey Bro, Call to this number as well, they want to see if is many people from many places, so give a call and let your name and number as well! 0121 567 6104.

We are all together in this :)

Woman said she only wanted to hear people from midlands, mate

your good to go then, as they are partners so you'd probly be insured somehow, CDL with barclays, diff story altogether.... in there contract, you sign you are liable if anything goes wrong... SOOOOOO i mite just go bankrupt and **** them over and start life again in 5 yrs time.

Stupid Woman, I'm trying to find a number to call over here!!!!

Somebody know??????

well If i found one i post it here :)

i know what you mean, she was all "i'm sorry to say but this is for west midlands only" Well how is that going to help manchester, leeds, london, scotland and so on! We need this on Granada news/BBC News anyone got any plans?

Hi, Just got the paperwork from my dad.

I took out a Barclays Partner Finance, It says Retailer name is Advent Consulting LTD, and it also says under Key Information.

2) If you recieved unsatisfactory goods or services paid for under this agreement you may have a right to sue the supplier, us or both

3) If the contract is not fulfilled, perhaps because the supplier has gone out of business, you may still be able to sue us.

Now does that affect me, As i paid off this loan in November 2009, And/Or is the supplier Advent?

your good to go then, as they are partners so you'd probly be insured somehow, CDL with barclays, diff story altogether.... in there contract, you sign you are liable if anything goes wrong... SOOOOOO i mite just go bankrupt and **** them over and start life again in 5 yrs time.

Hey man, Just be positive, Is not the way to think, you should have rigths as well so, come on, Try to find out what to do, go to CAB and maybe they will suggest something! 5 Years of debt... No way!

I'm not paying that!

Hi, Just got the paperwork from my dad.

I took out a Barclays Partner Finance, It says Retailer name is Advent Consulting LTD, and it also says under Key Information.

Now does that affect me, As i paid off this loan in November 2009, And/Or is the supplier Advent?

My paperwork is similar however I got a personal loan not a career development loan - is there a difference between the two?

Calling now to BBC look north to see if I can Get us there, if we call we can make it go on the radio the woman said to me so there you go!

01904641351 that is for Radio York

0113 244 1188 and this one is for leeds and the North...

If anybody can, please call them and Explain, I'm calling the York One Now

I Think there is a massive difference in the regulations of a career development loan.. they obviously covered there arse for a CDL as some woman i spoke to on the phone about my loan said that i cannot do nothing what so ever but pay it, so i was getting all ****ed off saying well due to section 75, i am not liable to pay for this as it's now void, and she says if you read the contact you will see you signed under the fine print

"i will continue to pay my career development loan, even if the institute fail to provide further training"

Just be lucky if you didnt get a CDL mate.

Hey People!

I'm from London and I'm in the same situation as you guys, rang the BBC but they are dealing with Midlands only. Sent an email to sky news and evening stardard! We're no muggs and we won't accept this under no circumstances!!!! Barclays are saying the they'll find another training provider but still expect payments!!!!!!

Calling now to BBC look north to see if I can Get us there, if we call we can make it go on the radio the woman said to me so there you go!

01904641351 that is for Radio York

0113 244 1188 and this one is for leeds and the North...

If anybody can, please call them and Explain, I'm calling the York One Now

Is there a general BBC news story as this is affecting everyone all over the UK...? I can't seem to find any contact details.

Is there a general BBC news story as this is affecting everyone all over the UK...? I can't seem to find any contact details.

I'm trying to find out, but it Has to be from your area (what is stupid)

But I think that we need to stand out! We need to figth and I'm putting all my life into this, I don't want to pay All that money without Get nothing, My dream is over, MCSE, but at least I will get my money back and I will buy couple of books and I will study Myself (the essentials book was a Mike Meyers rip off) So get Mike Meyers book and Do it Yourself!

Barclays eat my shorts! :lol:

AMEN to that!!

I feel physically and mentally sick from this, today I am taking an extended Lunch at work and going down to the Citizens Advice Burea and Barclays to explain what the situation is as I received this email yesterday at about 11am but didn't check my inbox till about 10:30PM.

I will hopefully be able to find the Mentor number so I can try and ring them throughout the day to get hold of someone at Advent, I'm not expecting to get through to anyone at Advent but can't hurt to try right!

I suggest anyone else in this pickle immediatley goes into there local Barclays Branch and Local Citizens Advice Bureua branch and explain the situation to them immediatley to see where they stand in claiming back the amount payed to Advent (£5000 for me) and contact the Trading standards association as well.

As for getting hold of anyone at Advent I find it highly unlikely I will have any luck but I feel obliged to try and to not waste to much time trying :(

I agree with Robin about getting in touch with BBC Watchdog and writing a Joint letter.

Count me In Robin regarding that I will PM you my email :)

I actually feel sick myself, i have only had the first part of this course and not sat any exams - i have not had any help what so ever from Advent, they are absolutely sh*te......i have never been impressed since day one.

Count me in too for the Watchdog programme too i think if there are enough of us then it could help with the problem!!!!:x

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3907 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks