Moorcroft Collection Agents

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5232 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Due to the great help that I have received from CAG, the wife has asked me to post a problem of hers, as I have tried to work it out myself, but dont know what route to go down.

The wife got into trouble with a BT bill, whilst I was working abroad. I didnt know about it until i came back, and by that time, the debt was with a dca (moorcroft).

There is about £400 left to pay, on the debt.

My wife had many letters from moorcroft, which were ignored, and then an agent appeared at the door. She then arranged with the agent to pay a standard amount, and he would call back once a month, on a pre arranged day, to collect the payment. My wife was happy with this, as she just wants the debt to be cleared.

The agent who is due to call, does not calll when he is suppose to, will turn up a week or two later without warning and expect payment (as agreed). the wife says he gets annoyed with her, when im not around, and tried to get angry with me when I had £1.28 in my pocket, but told him that was it, take it or leave it. The last time he turned up a week late, and said the wife should have put the money up.

My plan of action is as follows, and if anyone could anything or comment, I would be most gratful:

CCA Moorcroft.

Doorstep letter Moorcroft.

This hasnt gone to court yet, so there is no CCJ in place.

The agent was due last night, and didnt show up. Can I also report them to the OFT for this?

Thanks

Hi, hb.

As the debt relates to a BT bill it is not covered by the CCA and so there is little point in cca'ing moorcroft.

However I would write to moorcroft and state that you no longer want doorstep visits and you want to pay them (only as much as you can afford) directly.

If mr doorstep visitor comes around tell him you are paying moorcroft directly from now on.

Moorcroft Agent??????

Do you live next door to there offices, haha no don't answer that.

Moorcroft send scary letters don't usually visit, anyway, yes tell him/her to get stuffed and use letter doorstep letter.

Don't EVER pay on doorstep again!!!!!

No CCA for a utility bill but to be fair £400 for BT Moorcroft won't take this to court.

I'd stop worring about this.

Offer to pay a £1 a month or whatever you can afford or send a prove it letter (see drafts)

if they ask for income statement tell them to get stuffed

We live in an unmoderated country why should the net be any different?

Bring back free speech we miss it!

i'd also look through your paperwork and find out the REAL outstanding from BT, i bet they have added their 'bit'.

never pay a doorstep caller, they have NO LEGAL POWER.

tell them to b*gger off.

i bet that money is going straight into his pocket & he smiles everytime he walks away from your house.

total rip-off!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for the replies so far, they have been helpful.

I will try and stay in as much as I can for the next few weeks, just in case he turns up out the blue again. I will also doorstep letter moorcroft.

We dont live anywhere near Moorcroft offices, and I was rather surprised when they started calling. The agent cant be doing to bad, as he took 3 months of over the summer to go sailing the world!

I dont know what the BT debt is, as I cant find the paperwork. The wife said that she had a dispute, as there was a fault on the line and the enginneer ahd to come twice as he didnt spot a fault on the inside of the property. They charged something like £80 call out and £250 for an hours work. I need to dig out the paperwork and see exactly what went on here.

Thanks again people.

yep good idea.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...