• Tweets

• next time dont upload 19 single page pdfs use the sites listed on upload to merge them into one multipage pdf.. we aint got all day to download load single page files 2024-01-15 DBCLegal SAR.pdf
    • If you have not kept the original PCN you can always send an SAR to Excel and they have to send you all the info they have on you within a month. failure to do so can lead to you being able to sue them for their failure.......................................nice irony.
    • Thank you and well done  for posting up all those notices it must have have taken you ages.. The entrance sign is very helpful since the headline states                    FREE PARKING FOR CUSTOMERS ONLY in capitals with not time limit mentioned. Underneath and not in capitals they then give the actual times of parking which would not be possible to read when driving into the car park unless you actually stopped and read them. Very unlikely especially arriving at 5.30 pm with possibly other cars behind. On top of that the Notice goes on to say that the terms and conditions are inside the car park so the entrance sign cannot offer a contract it is merely an offer to treat. Inside the car park the signs are mostly too high up and the font size too small to be able to read much of their signs. DCBL have not shown a single sign that can be read on their SAR. Although as they show photographs which were taken the year after your alleged breach we do not know what the signs were when you were there. For instance the new signs showed the charge was then £100 whereas your PCN was for £85. Who knows, when you were there perhaps the time was for 3 hours. They were asked to produce  planning permission which would have been necessary for the ANPR cameras alone and didn't do so. Nor did they provide a copy of the contract-DCBL  "deeming them disproportionate or not relevant to the substantive issues in the dispute" How arrogant and untruthful is that? The contract and planning permission could be vital to having the claim thrown out. I can find no trace of planning permission for the signs nor the cameras on Tonbridge Council planning portal. and the contract of course is highly relevant since some contracts advise the parking rouges that they cannot take motorists to Court. I understand that Europarks are now running that car park which means that nexus didn't  last long before being thrown out.....................................
    • Hi,   I am not sure if I posted this already here but I don't think I did. I attach a judgement that raises very interesting points IMO. Essentially EVRi did their usual non attendance that we normally see, however the judge (for the first time I've seen in these threads) dismissed the notice and awarded me judgement by default because their notice misses the "confirmation of compliance" paragraph. in and out in 3 minutes (aside from the chat at the end with the judge about his problems with evri) Redacted - evri CPR loss.pdf
    • Just to update this. I did apply to strikeout and they did not attend the hearing. I won by defualt and the hearing lasted 5 minutes (court only allocated 15). The judge simply explained that the only matter he was really considering is if the Defendant could have any oral evidence to defend the claim. However he said he had decided that based on their defence, and their misunderstanding of law, and their non attendence he did not think they had any reasonsable chance so he awarded me SJ + Costs on the claim form + the strikeout fee. Luckily when I sent the defendant the order I woke up the next day to a wire trasnfer for the full sum of the judgement
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

The debate thread.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5185 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

test.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Odd, I made two other replies that haven't appeared. Just as well really as I'm sure they would have been shot down as bigoted, racist, 6-year old rants or something by Hinge & Bracket.

Never mind.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

So would we all, but most of us who have been on this thread, and others where you post, don't feel that your kind of debate including sarcasm, which you appear to think is superior to other people's "stupid" remarks, is very kind or very nice.

I just don't think it's necessary to be sarcastic, critical or nasty.

You are of course entitled to your opinions. It would be nice if you could follow what you preach of course. ;-)

I am going to ask the site team to split this thread, preferably from where you chose to turn your bile on me and from then on completely derailed this thread. Until then, people had had a debate, heated without a doubt (it usually is when emotions run high) but still a debate. You turned it into something quite different and frankly irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

I hope that once that is done, people can go back to a debate on the original subject if they so wish. If you feel that you want to keep bitching at and/or about me, feel free to do so on the new thread. If nothing else, please do so out of the respect YOU profess so loud for these soldiers who were the main topic of this thread. :-|

I did not turn my bile on you.

I just pointed out that it is not nice to be rude, and you keep trying to justify that it is all right to imply that people are stupid and to be sarcastic which you admit you are on many threads.

I have not accused anyone of being racist, xenophobic or anything else like that. If you think that qualifies as a heated debate we'll have to agree to differ.

You speak about respect. Great. Let's all be respectful of one another, and I would think that means no more sarcasm implying that people are stupid if they happen to disagree, or don't have the knowledge that someone else has on a particular subject but are only posting because they are trying to be helpful.

]I did not turn my bile on you.
Others will read your posts and make up their own mind on that.

I just pointed out that it is not nice to be rude, and you keep trying to justify that it is all right to imply that people are stupid and to be sarcastic which you admit you are on many threads.
I'd rather be sarcastic than venomous. Hint.

I have not accused anyone of being racist, xenophobic or anything else like that.
Obviously not, since I doubt you would recognise it unless it came from someone a different colour than yours.

If you think that qualifies as a heated debate we'll have to agree to differ.

Your prerogative of course.

You speak about respect. Great. Let's all be respectful of one another, and I would think that means no more sarcasm implying that people are stupid if they happen to disagree, or don't have the knowledge that someone else has on a particular subject but are only posting because they are trying to be helpful.

Actually, I think that respect goes a lot further than this tiny thread and applies to respecting other people's beliefs, ideas, thoughts, however misguided we believe them to be, something which has been sorely missing from this thread, and not by me may I add. ;-) I wish you could see the irony. :-D

Bookie out, at least until this thread has been split. ;-)

Thread split. :)

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Quite frankly I'm appalled by the bitching and rantings on this thread and cannot even begin to comprehend it. I'm glad the thread was split because all the comments on this thread stink of one upmanship.

DD, Bookie, surfer and Fred you should all be ashamed, very ashamed :(

*BB cowering in the corner 'cos of the in fighting*

I'm not going to comment on the nature of that thread, what was said and who was and right or wrong, as what do I know. However, I feel justified in knowing that something that was said about somebody was not right.

Personally, I'd like to thank the 'vinegar' lady for all she has done on these forums, and she has done so much for me. The same lady who has worked tirelessly on here writing letters for the use of the community (templates) and whom might just write a hum-dinger on the spot for a poster in need. Also, I might mention the 20,000+ posts displaying selflessness, empathy, sympathy, well-reasoned advice and support in helping more members than I can count.

It's not even arguable to state that Bookie was here from the start and helped to, with many others, make CAG what it is. To call her a name like that and infer that she is somehow against, or being somehow unhelpful, towards the forum is bonkers. DD, please don't feel the need to compare forums to illustrate a very badly made point.

Bookie, IMO, does come across a little strong at times! but it is not her intention to belittle (or whatever was said) - she just cuts to the chase because she is focused and let's face it - she knows her apples!!! (and that doesn't mean she thinks she's a know-it-all either -not that anyone is suggesting that). Sarcasm? Well, I can't live without it so no comment - though this post is free of it.

I think that emotion is often lost on here because, even with emoitcons, not all things translate well. I know only a small handful of people know what I'm really like, and admittedly, I was a bit scared of the worm until I met her, but she's the nicest person you could ever hope to meet. I am sure the same is true of the other contributers who I don't know and I'm not saying anything bad about them for that same reason.

If anyone thinks I have a 'brown tongue' then sobeit, but I know her quite well and know she doesn't deserve this.

I also think that the truth can sometimes be stern, but be viewed as being horrible - when it's not. I have been offended in the past, and taken things personally, when I should not have.

I am not attacking you either, DD.

Edited by Thailand
Spelling so tragic I may as well blame this new keyboard :-)

In all honesty, Bb, I don't think I have anything to feel ashamed of. I got attacked and felt that I had to justify who I am and how I am. Throughout the thread, all I did was try and take the middle of the road and got vilified for it. I expressed my opinions about points of view I despise, at no point did I attack the person(s) expressing those opinions. I presented arguments which played devil's advocate, as I am wont to do, and all I got in return is very personal comments, to which you can see for yourself I did not respond in kind.

Furthermore, it was I who asked for the thread to be split that someone else had taken wildly off-topic.

So no, I don't think I have anything to be ashamed of, apart from maybe not being able to turn the other cheek. Well, as I have pointed out before, I am no christian, so have no compunction to do so. ;-)

Thailand, thanks for the kind words, it's nice to see that some people are happy to see the bigger picture. :-)

I do see the bigger picture but that's what hurts me. People lose sight of the main goal here just because of an extremist group have gained a bit of publicity but now, justly, have the wrath of the home office to deal with...

Edited by babybear39
missed a word

Hello Thailand,

I wouldn't disagree with you one iota about the massive contribution Bookie has made on this forum and of course she has given a phenomenal amount of help to so many people.

I have only been on the forum for just over a year and obviously I cannot contribute anything like the hours that Bookie can. However, I have contributed when I can, and given hope and support whenever I can on a thread even if I don't know all the answers. Sometimes a new poster sounds just desperate and if I can be kind and make them feel better that is what I do. (If I do know the answers obviously it's better.)

I just don't believe in being sarcastic on a self-help or 'need some help' forum. I can be very sarcastic off-forum (usually to unhelpful people in call centres, DCAs, and so on) but I just don't agree with it here.

Sometimes posters do come up with some really silly stuff but I just wouldn't ever imply they were stupid.

I don't in any way see what you are saying as an attack, Thailand.

Oh, BB, don't think that! I have dealt with far worse in my near on 4 yrs here, believe me, and it would take a lot more than bitching from people whose opinion I don't care about to upset me.

I know that you probably have issues with not taking things literally, but I can assure you that people may say one thing and still get on, and you shouldn't let that worry you unduly. :-) I don't want you to get upset over something as trivial as this, it is truly and simply not worth it, sweetie, ok?

Don't worry, I can assure you that the main goal is still very much in sight for me, always was. For example, I am currently working privately on new angles with which to attack the banks and hopefully will be ready to test those myself before sharing them if successful.

Please don't worry, ok? In the great scheme of things, these are mere skirmishes. :-)

{{HUGS}}