wrong person

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5257 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

IQOR started about four weeks ago constantly ringing my husband re a debt. Before that we had been paying another DCA in installments this debt and had never heard from IQOR. Despite him refusing to talk to them on the phone and telling them to put it in writing they ignored his plea's. I sent them a letter regarding "harrassment by phone" and "CCA request" with the help of this website. :D Because the debt is old and they had been ringing my husband I did all the correspondence in his name.

I have today received a letter addressed to me saying they can not deal with my husband as they do not have my authorisation. BUT they have been harrassing him by phone and telling him to pay the amount outstanding. :-x Can anyone advise me on how to respond to this letter?

Thanks.

I am confused, I know I shouldn't be but I am?????

Who is the owner of this 'alleged debt'? You or your OH??

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

"postggj" - I have sent a CCA request with the telephone harrassment letter as in my post.

"Bazooka Boo" - I can not recall who's name the debt is in; it is that old. Because they had been ringing and harrassing my husband we thought it was him but it appears not!

Well then in that case! The 'I do not acknowledge any debt to your ridiculously hilarious outfit' letter should do the trick!;)

Whether you should both send one???? I have no idea??

You could just wait until they know themselves and decide who it is they want to extort money from...when you say OLD how old?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

If you did not make any payments, or a written acknowledgement of the alleged debt during period of 6 years, then it is Statute Barred. Send them the Stat Barred letter from the template, and after that they are not allowed to chase you any more. If they persist then report them to Trading Standards and the OFT.

The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

Just sit and wait. If anybody else contacts you about this alleged debt you just send the "bemused" letter, which you'll find in the templates section. They are not allowed to pass on alleged debts that are in dispute, so report them to Trading Standards and the OFT as well.

No, Send the clowns this;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/585-letter-following-up-after-a-debt-collection-agency-has-closed-its-files-

If they contacted you about a debt you have no knowledge about, then suddenly dropped it, you need to know why.

Make a copy of the letter they sent you saying they were not going to proceed further, but send them the above link and find out why they were even harassing you in the first place!