Barclaycard demanding more money

BigTom8
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5191 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Up until recently I paid Barclaycard £5.00 per month. However, they now tell me that this is not enough, I did agree to up this amount to £8.00 per month and they have now come back to me to advise that this offer is unacceptable. They do, however, state that it would be acceptable if I was to put this under a plan with a debt management company. I do not wish to do this and was wondering if anyone had any advice by way of a form of words that I can go back to Barclaycard with telling them that I cannot pay anymore than I am now offering.

Thread moved to Barclaycard Forum.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi BigTom.

There's a selection of letters here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-bailiffs-advice/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Or if you want to contact CCCS or others - Debt: Where to Get Help - Consumer Wiki

You should enclose a Budget Planner with any offer of payment to show you are basing your payment on your circumstances - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1712&d=1199396120

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

This is the same for me. I sent in a standard letter offering pro-rata payment and they said they couldn't deal with me until i went thru a debt company or CAB. I said thats rubbish as the contract is between me and them and they said it is their policy and for increased protection. Any ideas on this rubbish they're professing???

• 2 months later...

Yes I've been told this too, the process I have followed with my creditors is to send them all the same income and expenditure details and a list of all my creditors showing the offers I have made to each, I make a direct payment each month by faster payments of the amount I can afford to pay, which has been worked out on a pro rata basis, dividing the surplus I have. Banks cannot refuse to accept a payment on the account they can refuse to agree with the amount you are offering, but I pay it anyway, If a bank refuses I believe their next option would be to get a judge to decide what a fair payment would be, If you have tried your best to repay and acted reasonably, then I think a judge would see that it is the bank thats being unreasonable not you. You can take control yourself, if you chose most banks dont like it as they prefer to deal with debt management companies. But they were happy to lend you the money and they were happy to speak to you then.

Hope this helps