• Tweets

• Thank-you dx, What you have written is certainly helpful to my understanding. The only thing I would say, what I found to be most worrying and led me to start this discussion is, I believe the judge did not merely admonish the defendant in the case in question, but used that point to dismiss the case in the claimants favour. To me, and I don't have your experience or knowledge, that is somewhat troubling. Again, the caveat being that we don't know exactly what went on but I think we can infer the reason for the judgement. Thank-you for your feedback. EDIT: I guess that the case I refer to is only one case and it may never happen again and the strategy not to appeal is still the best strategy even in this event, but I really did find the outcome of that case, not only extremely annoying but also worrying.
    • Indians, traditionally known as avid savers, are now stashing away less money and borrowing more.View the full article
    • the claimant in their WS can refer to whatever previous CC judgements they like, as we do in our WS's, but CC judgements do not set a legal precedence. however, they do often refer to judgements like Bevis, those cases do created a precedence as they were court of appeal rulings. as for if the defendant, prior to the raising of a claim, dobbed themselves in as the driver in writing during any appeal to the PPC, i don't think we've seen one case whereby the claimant referred to such in their WS.. ?? but they certainly typically include said appeal letters in their exhibits. i certainly dont think it's a good idea to 'remind' them of such at the defence stage, even if the defendant did admit such in a written appeal. i would further go as far to say, that could be even more damaging to the whole case than a judge admonishing a defendant for not appealing to the PPC in the 1st place. it sort of blows the defendant out the water before the judge reads anything else. dx  
    • Hi LFI, Your knowledge in this area is greater than I could possibly hope to have and as such I appreciate your feedback. I'm not sure that I agree the reason why a barrister would say that, only to get new customers, I'm sure he must have had professional experience in this area that qualifies him to make that point. 🙂 In your point 1 you mention: 1] there is a real danger that some part of the appeal will point out that the person appealing [the keeper ] is also the driver. I understand the point you are making but I was referring to when the keeper is also the driver and admits it later and only in this circumstance, but I understand what you are saying. I take on board the issues you raise in point 2. Is it possible that a PPC (claimant) could refer back to the case above as proof that the motorist should have appealed, like they refer back to other cases? Thanks once again for the feedback.
    • Well barristers would say that in the hope that motorists would go to them for advice -obviously paid advice.  The problem with appealing is at least twofold. 1] there is a real danger that some part of the appeal will point out that the person appealing [the keeper ] is also the driver.  And in a lot of cases the last thing the keeper wants when they are also the driver is that the parking company knows that. It makes it so much easier for them as the majority  of Judges do not accept that the keeper and the driver are the same person for obvious reasons. Often they are not the same person especially when it is a family car where the husband, wife and children are all insured to drive the same car. On top of that  just about every person who has a valid insurance policy is able to drive another person's vehicle. So there are many possibilities and it should be up to the parking company to prove it to some extent.  Most parking company's do not accept appeals under virtually any circumstances. But insist that you carry on and appeal to their so called impartial jury who are often anything but impartial. By turning down that second appeal, many motorists pay up because they don't know enough about PoFA to argue with those decisions which brings us to the second problem. 2] the major parking companies are mostly unscrupulous, lying cheating scrotes. So when you appeal and your reasons look as if they would have merit in Court, they then go about  concocting a Witness Statement to debunk that challenge. We feel that by leaving what we think are the strongest arguments to our Member's Witness Statements, it leaves insufficient time to be thwarted with their lies etc. And when the motorists defence is good enough to win, it should win regardless of when it is first produced.   
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Letter from Police regarding bailiff fraud

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5233 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

your 100% right layer_cake

you have to excuse the TROLLS as they are trying to convince people they are innocent and did nothing wrong, what a sad life they must lead, but as all that time being bullied @ school etc make them such a hard person when the come across a victim they can bully, and in some cases STEAL FROM calling them charges

Your problem Kiptower is that you cant except someone elses point of view, Im sure if the bailiff industry was that corrupt something would have been done about it along time ago.

The bailiff industry by no means is perfect, but not everyone is bad, If you honestly think that, then you are blinkered

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sure if the bailiff industry was that corrupt something would have been done about it along time ago.

The bailiff industry by no means is perfect, but not everyone is bad, If you honestly think that, then you are blinkered

NO YOUR RIGHT ITS NOT THE BAILIFF INDUSTRY THATS CORRUPT ITS THE THE BAILIFFS THEMSELVES. they think they are above the law

NO YOUR RIGHT ITS NOT THE BAILIFF INDUSTRY THATS CORRUPT ITS THE THE BAILIFFS THEMSELVES. they think they are above the law
Some of them do. The one I recently dealt with sure did. When I started referring to the laws and statutes, he brought the phone call to an end. They actually break their own code by behaving so badly as one the rules is not to bring the debt collection industry into disrepute. I do wonder about what training these people get and who trains them, as they don't do reason. I feel it's more than one or two bad apples as well as the ones collecting council tax and parking fines seem to have the same appraoch / script. mmmm?

Your problem Kiptower is that you cant except someone elses point of view, Im sure if the bailiff industry was that corrupt something would have been done about it along time ago. Oh please For start there are no votes in it & as a result the politicians will bend over backwards to facilitate the lenders as witnesses by their emasculation of the CCA

The bailiff industry by no means is perfect, but not everyone is bad, If you honestly think that, then you are blinkered[/quote

My experience which is considerable spanning many decades is that they are & will say anything to get a debtor to pay. Even if it means depriving that debtors family of money to eat

Anyway I keep asking how can any human being start work each day knowing that they are going to spend their time demanding money with menaces from the disadvantaged & please don't say it's a job & someones got to do it cos they don't

To be fair, I've not really read anything I would describe as offensive from HCE. All he seems to be doing is bringing his particular part of the industry's viewpoint where he feels it is required. Sometimes, it worthwhile knowing the interpretation of a particlar event from the poacher. Even if he's not yet a gamekeeper.

That said, obviously, mine is a newbies point of view, you guys probably know better.

Rae

Without having someone point out an alternative point of view, you can't be consciously aware of it and prepare for those eventualities as a result.

CAG is all about learning from each other - sometimes it's hard to unlearn something that you thought was right, learning something new that goes against what you originally thought to replace it. If you're interested in this stuff, search "paradigm shifts" online, as these are well documented.

Having said all that, CAG has rules for the good of all our members. Posts breaching these rules will be removed without notice and regular offenders will find their accounts placed on moderation, requiring moderator approval of all posts made. Persistent moderation of an account can lead to banning, temporarily or permanently.

Site team are aware of what is happening here, but ultimately, each poster needs to be aware of the number of disclaimers posted across CAG, including being aware that not every poster is what they appear to be and may or may not have your best interests at heard.

While there are many documented experiences we've had with trolls, there are certainly a fair greater number that don't grab our attention. Caveat emptor, as they say...

My post [#82 should anyone post whilst I'm pontificating] seems a bit out of place as I hadn't realised there was another two pages still unread!

Having gone through many bailiff experiences myself - and given suicide very intense consideration because of it at one stage - I wish I had found this site a long time ago [had it existed, of course].

It's an emotive area where the vast majority of peoples interactions with Enforcement Agents are incredibly negative and primarily intimidating. Not to mention financially devastating.

It is not surprising that this forum could be perceived as a potentially hostile environment for people working in that industry to post.

But information and debate here cannot be one sided. Surely, as long as they are polite, respectful, truthfull and aware of the pain many on here have suffered or are suffering then surely the likes of HCE and twonames should be welcomed? Those who come here to be abusive or to deliberately muddy the waters are those to whom the site should show short shrift. [Ah, alliteration at its best!].

Whilst I understand the sentiments of many of the recent posts here, they sadden me nonetheless. Whilst we may hurt we are still human. We retain dignity and shouldn't descend into a pack mentality of mass attack.

Just my viewpoint.

Rae.

I have to agree with Kelcou

I often question his postings and ask myself, why is he on here? he certainly doesn't give support to caggers that they should remain positive, he doesn't advise them they have the right to pay only what they have been ordered to pay, he doesn't dispel caggers fears when they have been threatened with arrest, he doesn't explain their rights when they have been unfairly treated. His post to one cagger was "you've be found guilty now pay up" Personally I think he is scared of this site because more and more people are getting to know bailiffs/enforcement officer's can be seen on a daily basis to represent a corrupt industry.

WD

I stand by my statements and wont be dragged into a slanging match. You're entitled to your opinions and for some childish rebukes. I am only saying what I see and have seen over the years.

Merry Christmas.

If this remark is directed at me I think you should be made aware I past the childish rebuke stage of life a long time before I reached my pension age, now it is called a realistic rebuke drawn from my experiences of life..

wd

CAG. ban me if you want.

I have tried to give honest advice, put right many of the wrongs and give my opinion, which isnt always liked but is MY OPINION!

This forum is about educating people not listening to the bitter ones sided rant of idiots. Some, who all can see in this particular post, are not worthy of an educated response anyway.

If this remark is directed at me I think you should be made aware I past the childish rebuke stage of life a long time before I reached my pension age, now it is called a realistic rebuke drawn from my experiences of life..

wd

Really... :rolleyes:

Edited by High Court Enforcer
Decided not to be that harsh

HCE, if you'll excuse the phraseology, anyone should be welcome here even those batting for the other side. As long as they appreciate the feelings and torment many here have been forced to endure.

I did pm danboy381 and state I wouldn't post again as I don't want his thread lost in a mass of vitriole.

APOLS FOR THE CAPS - JUST FOR CLARITY - BUT MAY I ASK THAT NO-ONE ELSE POSTS UNLESS IT IS RELEVANT TO DANBOY381'S PROBLEM? THOSE WHO HAVE FELT A NEED TO REPLY HAVE NOW HAD IT. So, please, on with the show...

Rae.

Danboy

I had not the same but of sorts, i have just had a letter to say that they have now passed it to there professional standards department and i will receive a responce in due course,

I have made it very clear that this is there last chance or i will send everything to the IPCC.

until everybody makes a stance this will not stop, i am also making a complaint to HMCS for allowing this to continue.

i have given the courts solid concreat proof that they have been lied to in a huge way by a HCEO and yet they still dont act on it.

However i have had an order from a QC this week who has given me some very good advice and it means that the protection that HCEO get from the courts is not al that, i will tell all in due course.

LFB

I think that what is clear here is that nobody minds the 'other side' being on the site provided that the information they share is correct & legal.

Its when they spout rubbish that they are never wrong that people become disgruntled (rightly so).

It is time that bailiffs were properly regulated & that the general public were made aware of exactly what the bailiffs powers are as well as the charges they can lawfully make.

I think that what is clear here is that nobody minds the 'other side' being on the site provided that the information they share is correct & legal.

Its when they spout rubbish that they are never wrong that people become disgruntled (rightly so).

It is time that bailiffs were properly regulated & that the general public were made aware of exactly what the bailiffs powers are as well as the charges they can lawfully make.

Agree totally mate, not only the public but the POLICE MUST be EDUCATED as well on this, as they are just as bad letting it happen ! :)

I will talk to sombody soon with regards to this but what would help is, when a bailiff or a HCEO attends they should also on there first visit give you an advice booklet that explains your rights do's and dont's and what the bailiff can and more to the point can't do because every other court service has to give you this why not bailiffs.

LFB

If you're out there Happy C, like to here your view on the letter on page 1 of the thread.

thx

I saw him boxing day (he is my uncle) but he is back on duty, i'll punt him for comment when he is back from the Gulf.

The next generation Nintendo Wii - the Nintendo Puu

CAG. ban me if you want.

Only happens if your posts are offensive, but I think you just get your kicks winding people up.

I did find your bailiffs and power of arrest comments on another thread quite funny, it really made me chuckle.

The next generation Nintendo Wii - the Nintendo Puu

HCE your remarks about others who have suffered at the hands of your mates reveals that your advice is neither honest nor more importantly accurate.

Your haranguing of victims under the guise of giving honest advice insults our intelligence. We aren't interested in the debt collectors opinions as they change nothing for their victims. All your doing is trying to justify your unconscionable behaviour towards the vunerable Why I can only guess.

They make it up as they go,

trolls are here to wind it up in general, and maybe covince themselves they are doing nothing wrong

It all comes from their made up “hand book”

Called “ how to extract as much cash as you can “

Goes like this or similar

Page2

Hint no 5, if they are hard to get cash from, in a loud and hard voice “ I will arrest you and you will go to prison if you do not pay this now” making sure anyone nearby can hear you

Hint no 22. of you are still on the doorstep everything you say should be in a very load and hard voice so the neighbours and others in the house can hear you eg, “you owe £xxx”

Hint no 46, if it’s a lone female with children in a stern voice “ if you do not settle this I will inform social service you are an unfit parent and cannot feed and cloth your children”

Hint no 47, if no response to 46 say the following “ I am going to arrest you and social services are going to be informed so they take you children into care”

And there are a lot more people have come across

These come from actual incidents reported by people being harassed on their doorstep / in their homes

Of course the TROLLS will say it does not happen, anyone who says any of the above happened are liars.

Some of the DCA doorstop collectors seem to have a copy of this handbook and have been seen to use similar tactics

If you have had any of these things happen to you

Write to the MOJ, and the minister herself B. Prentice her contact details are easy to find on the net

The press have often highlighted many of these horror stories, and several people have died from heart attacks or committed suicide after DACA and bailiff’s have called.

There have been a lot of recent complaint regarding Bailiff’s conduct and the MOJ are looking into it, report any similar happenings to the Minister direct, B. Prentice ( she has her own website also ) the more she get the more chance of better regulation of this shocking industry, it needs laws not a private body regulating then, including the joke crowd SIA

Edited by kiptower

Going back to the original post and letter from Essex police, I believe they are wrong when they say that HCEO's can charge whatever they want. They can only charge what the regulations say they can charge and this doesn't say they can charge whatever they want. They can only charge what the regulations say they can and Section C doesn't give them carte blanche.

I suggest Essex police are written to asked how they came to their conclusion, asking them to cite exactly where it says that HCEOs can charge whatever they like. This is not an area the police understand and if Essex police can learn, then maybe they can spread the word.

As said elsewhere, one problem is that debtors get scared by a visit from 'the High Court' and when told that if they don't pay, their house will be emptied, don't want to take the risk of arguing the finer details. If everyone knew what could and couldn't happen, in reality, it would help.....

HCEOs who charge ridiculous fees do not benefit debtors, creditors or other HCEOs. Obviously they make a nice profit for themselves but they tarnish the name of HCEOs and the High Court and in taking 'extra' money from debtors, make it likely their financial problems will be made worse.

The best solution for everyone would be to have a precise list of charges published that HCEOs can charge, instead of leaving the wooly 'Section C' wording in place. There's lots of talk about this happening but I really can't see why it's difficult!

So maybe we should just be telling the government to get on with that!

Going back to the original post and letter from Essex police, I believe they are wrong when they say that HCEO's can charge whatever they want. They can only charge what the regulations say they can charge and this doesn't say they can charge whatever they want. They can only charge what the regulations say they can and Section C doesn't give them carte blanche.

I suggest Essex police are written to asked how they came to their conclusion, asking them to cite exactly where it says that HCEOs can charge whatever they like. This is not an area the police understand and if Essex police can learn, then maybe they can spread the word.

As said elsewhere, one problem is that debtors get scared by a visit from 'the High Court' and when told that if they don't pay, their house will be emptied, don't want to take the risk of arguing the finer details. If everyone knew what could and couldn't happen, in reality, it would help.....

HCEOs who charge ridiculous fees do not benefit debtors, creditors or other HCEOs. Obviously they make a nice profit for themselves but they tarnish the name of HCEOs and the High Court and in taking 'extra' money from debtors, make it likely their financial problems will be made worse.

The best solution for everyone would be to have a precise list of charges published that HCEOs can charge, instead of leaving the wooly 'Section C' wording in place. There's lots of talk about this happening but I really can't see why it's difficult!

So maybe we should just be telling the government to get on with that!

I think the point the Inspector was making, was that they can charge what theyb want, but they have to hold themselves accountable,

Like I have said before, I personaly believe Sherforce do over charge, massively! but this point is quite often missed because other posters would just like to find arguements to bicker about