Welcome are now officially dead and buried

RALALU
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4744 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I did think that collection activity had increased just a tad since the announcement of branches closing :lol: and not just on my own accounts but 2 people I know that have accounts with them as well 1 has arrears the other doesnt and still receiving phone calls :rolleyes: They need to be careful running up such big phone bills with no means of paying them ;)

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

I Realy Cant See The Logic In This

Rbs Are After Getting As Much Money Back As They Can,

The Average Income Through Welcome Was 70 To 80 Million A Year

Due To The Court Case, All Receipts Welcome/cattles Have Comming In Go Direct To Rbs

Yet The Biz Is Losing 1.3 Million A Day

Whats Going On

Yes But Who Is Pulling The Strings

Remember There Is An Election Due Soon

Thameside Council (manchester) LABOUR Have There Pension Fund Tied Up In Cattles

Me Thinks They Are Waiting Till After A General Election Before Cattles/welcome Are Closed Up For Good

Welcome have their next AGM at the end of june / July - the general feeling is that, that meeting would be very fractious if held, what with the shareholders now banding together to try to force the company to go into administration now ( so that they can ofset some of their losses on the stock back against their taxes) and trying to start legal proceedings and investigations against the people who knew the company was on its a*** with false accounting yet continued to allow it to trade on the stockmarket . Without wishing to get anyones hopes up theres a feeling that they may be no more before this date.

In light of all the interesting things happening to `Welcome` I am sending off my Full & Final Settlement offer letter to their Compliance section today, it will be for a suitably low amount. I take it no one has attempted a similar course of action?
That sounds like a plan! I have £450 on my loan might offer them £150 and see what they say! Anyone know of a template letter I can use?

In light of all the interesting things happening to `Welcome` I am sending off my Full & Final Settlement offer letter to their Compliance section today, it will be for a suitably low amount. I take it no one has attempted a similar course of action?

When I put my claim in for mis-sold PPI, I put a bit a the bottom of the letter stating that as an alternative I would be willing to settle the account with a F&F settlement of £XXX (just under half the existing balance).

They didnt mention anything about that in their subsequent letters, just the normal process of "we are investigating your complaint" etc.

That's not to say they won't come back at a later date maybe. Its always worth a try I think.

I put an offer last week of £4000. That's 10p for every £1 owed plus the last 3 payments. Of £350 missed. (Total owing is £27000). They wrote back saying that to clear debt with full and final payment would be £36790!! That's 2000 more than I owe including balance, charges, missed payments, and even the missold insurance that I'm claiming!! This lot are insane!

Well i almost phoned the zoo today to let them know one of their monkeys had escaped and was at my door. 2nd visit in 7days, they're having a laugh. its now beyond me what they do with my letters as they dont pay any attention to them. Quite clearly stated to them that all comunication was to be done in writing also no home visits as i objected to the first one. if i was in i wont open the door to them. got my CCA request, the lovely monkey put it through my door at a charge of 25pound. Not only that a letter stating they had been trying to get in contact with me by phone and post....post!!!! well i never, never received a thing. any ideas what i can do, apart from phoning the vet and getting the monkey put down?

Thought this was a good read. Came accross it on one of the Cattles share forums.....

I came across this the other night unsure if it has been posted here before:

http://www.reviewcentre.com/review255865.html

It was written 13/08/07 however it makes for a quite comical read written from the POV of a typical Welcome customer applying for a loan through a similar company -Everyday Loans and how they were unhappy at, what sounds like the most reasonable and squeaky clean loan close ever.

The irony being this is exactly how all loans should be written in this area of lending (or "giving" as Welcome tended towards). Some points such as -"I applied for £3k they offered me £1k", were often completely the other way around at Welcome.

It goes on to show they had been explained APR + term, 2 things Welcome customers usually claim ignorance of.

Everyday Loans are still trading....

The double Irony now is that I've been told Welcome's current arrears accounts are being offered generous reductions on their loan balances to settle them early, and being shepherded towards Everyday Loans to obtain the funds to settle Welcome off.

So there you have it Welcome is still trading in the loan market only now its more focussed on the brokering side of things.

Well i almost phoned the zoo today to let them know one of their monkeys had escaped and was at my door. 2nd visit in 7days, they're having a laugh. its now beyond me what they do with my letters as they dont pay any attention to them. Quite clearly stated to them that all comunication was to be done in writing also no home visits as i objected to the first one. if i was in i wont open the door to them. got my CCA request, the lovely monkey put it through my door at a charge of 25pound. Not only that a letter stating they had been trying to get in contact with me by phone and post....post!!!! well i never, never received a thing. any ideas what i can do, apart from phoning the vet and getting the monkey put down?

Sorry but that actually made me spit my wine :lol: quite right put all the monkeys down!

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Wish they would phone me and offer me a lower amount i am afraid that this company are full of liars they all lie, if you do agree make sure taht you get it in writting as I got a text message and Nottingham keep saying beacuse I only made 2 payments the offer is now null & void

Really hope and pray these close very soon, but not before they pay me back the ppi of £2500

Just got this from one of the share forums. Looks like a big Cattles announcement tomorrow !!!

All area and branch managers of the LCU and LMB received an e-mail this afternoon at 3pm to inform them they MUST attend a meeting tomorrow at 10am where an announcement will be made!!!!

I don't think we need to guess what is coming next!!

Brilliant communication as usuall!!

Just got this from one of the share forums. Looks like a big Cattles announcement tomorrow !!!

All area and branch managers of the LCU and LMB received an e-mail this afternoon at 3pm to inform them they MUST attend a meeting tomorrow at 10am where an announcement will be made!!!!

I don't think we need to guess what is coming next!!

Brilliant communication as usuall!!

Wheres the link to this info please?

Heres the link;

CATTLES Discussion CTT CTT.L - Interactive Investor

Incidentally, and I know this is strange for this forum but I had a very productive interaction with WF yesterday; they were very helpful about my sitaution and appeared to be wanting to help me rather than grab every penny they could. Didn't sense any alterior motive (other than a gentle encouragement to consider an early settlement). It was all quite surreal! Maybe the staff are rebelling by being nice to customers; I'm sure they all know the end is nigh.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4744 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks