• Tweets

• Hi, I have the Sims 4 on Macbook. Over the last year I have paid for multiple add on packs spending a lot of money on them. I bought them all in good faith as my Mac met all the minimum requirements to play them. I have been playing happily for about a year and bought my latest pack just over a week ago. The games were all working fine yesterday. Then suddenly today EA released a new app to launch the games and this new app requires a MAC OS that my computer cannot use. Now suddenly none of my games are accessible and I am unable to play anything. They did not warn us about this change in requirements and if I had known they would be doing this I wouldn't have bought all these add ons as they are now all totally unusable. The games themselves have not changed, only their app to launch them and I can't afford to buy a brand new mac just to play. So my question is how can they change the minimum requirements after I have paid for a game? I agreed to pay for them based on the fact my mac met their requirements and was not informed when purchasing that this would be an issue in the future. I understand new games (like Sims 5 which is to be released next year) might not be compatible but this is a 10yr old game that they have suddenly made inaccessible due to their new launch app. Does anybody know if I can do anything or anyway to get a partial refund from them? Thanks   Here are their T&C... I can't find anything in there about them being able to do this so not sure what to do https://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/
    • OK. Thank you all for the input.  I'll ignore their letters of demand but NEVER ignore a letter of claim. I'm bracing myself for the stress as their demands £££ goes up and the case gets sent to debt collectors. 
    • OK.  It was worth a try. Their case is still pants and they have broken their own Code of Practice numerous times.
    • @BankFodder sorry for the delay and thank you for the lengthy reply. Yes, I agree. It's a small business and the guy is very very decent. I know someone else said my priority shouldn't be worrying whether he gets shafted but I'm not here to try and screw him over because I feel like if someone behaves decently and gets exploited, they might not behave so kindly in the future. I know DX mentioned he thinks I've caused the issue by leaving multiple instructions, but I have already explained why and both instructions were to leave it with a neighbour and there was nothing advising the driver to abandon the parcel on my doorstep. I don't think leaving it there could be considered a safe place.  I am still waiting on the retailer to respond. Ultimately, I wanted to know how he would proceed if DPD's response isn't favourable. I am certainly not looking to cause any problems. I just want my laptop. I will read the other posts for sure. I've been a bit preoccupied with family stuff. I have nothing in writing from DPD as I phoned them, but they did advise it should be the retailer that liaises with them. I tried contacting the driver straight after deliver via Whatsapp, as that's an option, but it said I couldn't send him a message and I have kept that log. We all know who took the parcel on our street, because that person has a history of parcel theft, but I don't have a doorbell camera or cctv. Police are refusing to intervene, despite the fact that I, along with several other people, spotted another's neighbour's parcel in said "suspect's" car and confronted her to get the parcel back. If the police had acted sooner, I might have had a better chance of getting the parcel back, but I suspect the laptop has long been sold on.  When the retailer responds, I will send him the link to this thread. Hopefully, he will benefit from the information on here as well.
    • @dx100uk none of the instructions advised them to leave the parcel on my door step and without such instructions., I'm struggling to see why they think it's ok to just dump it there.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

My lloyds tsb credit card debt

MorganaNK
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a letter from these fools this morning.We reported Abbey to OFT for breaching our Data Protection and making all our bank details pubilc to a debt company.We are still waiting to hear from OFT and have told Wescot until the investigation is finished we will pay nothing.Wescot say because Abbey say the debt stands they can still collect (which if course Abbey will) Im paying noting and sending them a letter telling them so,I also stated if they continue to phone me day and night I will report them!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well Morgan, for using your CCA payment against the alleged debt is a common tactic they like to use, as this will re-set the SB clock (In their tiny minds)

However, what you MUST send them now is a LBA demanding from them that they either send you your request of the CCA, OR they return the payment, if they fail to do either then not only will you report them to the OFT and ICO, but will seek advice with a view to taking legal action against them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I sent them a letter a while back, also complaining that they had clumped the debts all together (although they are being chased by seperate DCAs just like they are doing with mine) - they completely blanked them. I am beginning to feel as if I am going to spend the rest of my natural life complaining about these people! One of the debts they produced a CCA for, and we set up a payment plan with Wescot. Two payments later and it had been passed on to someone else, and it has been to three collection agencies since. I again wrote to L-TSB and told them that I was not going to discuss a payment plan with any of the new DCAs because it wasn't my fault they kept playing musical DCAs - they have ignored that letter too. The only time they respond is to say that our signatures aren't good enough, and that they are sending the data to a L-TSB branch end of story!

It is stressful trying to keep up... :-x

"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter" - Sir Winston Churchill

FOS and OFT, pass it to them, and ignore LTSB until they come back with a response. If these fools can ignore you, then you should reciprocate and ignore them back, if they were going to do anything they would have done so by now, I don't know why anyone bothers talking to DCA's, well unless for a bit of fun!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Weirdness continues - L-TSB have now sent my mum two letters detailing full payment history on two paid up loans... surely this is part of her SAR information that they are refusing to send to us due to our "scanned signatures" and are sending to the branch of their choosing for us to collect :???:

Weirdness again... L-TSB have sent both the loan letters a second time, with an envelope... no covering letter... no explanation... nothing... are they losing what little of the plot they had left???

"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter" - Sir Winston Churchill

Have you made a formal complaint to Lloyds? If so how far down the line are you with it?

I have written to them and complained about their behaviour but they have ignored both letters. We received on from a solicitor on behalf of Apex on Friday, and I sent them a copy of the "This alleged debt is currently subject to a SAR request..." letter, and also sent a copy to Apex again...

From your post it sounds as if I should be making a formal complaint, not just writing and complaining... I guess I need to contact them and ask for their complaints proceedure...

I really get frustrated with these idiots :x

If you have a copy of your initial complaint, then copy it and send it to them, and re-iterate, that you now believe their failure to act on your first letter of complaint is indicative of their ignorance, therefore you are now escalating the matter to the second level of their complaints procedure, if they still insist on acting with impunity and ignoring you, their silence will indicate that they cannot deal with your complaint and you will happily escalate the matter to the FOS.

A complaint is a complaint, IMO it matters not if you word it formal complaint, they are still bound by their own guidelines to deal with ALL complaints within 8 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Doing what you suggested Bazooka B, but now Wescot are bombing us with threatograms even though we have told them repeatedly that this alleged debt is under a SAR - it's the old legal action threat now - do I just ignore them or send them one of the "The contents of this letter are valid even if they are not read by you" that these idiots are so fond of???

It is probable that all you are receiving is letters generated and spat out by their computer, until it has any human input it will continue to spit out irrelavent nonsense which they believe threatens and intimidates people, keep a diary of events as to their harassment in order to make a formal complaint to the OFT&TS at a later date.

Look at their childish letters and see that they are littered with 'may' 'might' 'could' and the rest of their puerile language.

Wetcloths can't read for a start, hence the reason why they ignored your letter, pointless sending the little darlings anything else, unless it is to tell them to go to their rooms and wait for their father to get home!:whip:

• 1 month later...

Wescot have now passed things on to a solicitor - and there is no may in this letter - reply within 14 days or we WILL take further action... the letter is dated the 14th and we received it today at the new address - the one we never confirmed.

Trouble is, my Grandad was in hospital for ten weeks, and for the last few we were rushing back and forth there until he sadly died of hospital acquired pneumonia on the 8th - we have the cremation tomorrow and haven't had five seconds to collect the SAR documentation from Lloyds (have to do it before the end of the month)

Lloyds still haven't acknowledged the original letter of complaint - I guess once the cremation etc is over I will have to kick some arse... but in the meantime what do I say to the solicitors - they are Nelson something or other (don't have the letter to hand right now)

You have a good case to get this thrown out with the recent bereavement.

Nelson Guest as stated are 'solicitors for rent' and have almost as much power as a used lightbulb... they use them when they are loosing the paper ping pong game.

Nelson Guest as stated are 'solicitors for rent' and have almost as much power as a used lightbulb.
:lol:

As useful as indicators on a submarine, a chocolate fire guard, and ashtray on a motorbike, another good line to use against them, as much power as a used lightbulb! Brilliant..

I think it is that bunch... but I still haven't had a chance to look at the letter (will do it tonight - yesterday was emotionally draining, and the hours spent in traffic on the M25 did nothing to help the situation!)... do I need to say anything to the solicitors or do I risk pretending they are tinnitus?!?

You can simply write to them stating that at the present time, this trivial matter will receive no attention form yourself for a period of 8 weeks (or whatever you feel is appropriate?) due to a bereavement in your family. If they insist on making continued threats or harassing you within this time period you WILL report them to the Police for the criminal offence of harassment, and seek legal advice with a view to taking action against them and will seek damages.

Or you can just ignore them, but IMO I would probably go with sending them a letter just outline that this is not even close to being on your list of things to do.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, finally collected the SAR stuff from Lloyds today (and got the ring back!) - they took photocopies of our passports before they would let us take the stuff... there is so much of it I have just stuffed it in a cupboard to not think about over the weekend....

The same day we had a letter from Moorcrud... "It is a legal requirement to send a notice of INTENDED LITIGATION before legal proceedings in the county court are issued. We believe that this letter fills this requirement even if it is not actually read by you.... yadda yadda yadda" The date to respond is tomorrow "a claim may be issued by solicitors instructed to act on behalf of our client without further notice"

Still no response to my complaint letters about Musical Debt Collection agencies... in fact Lloyds seem to be ignoring anything and everything that we send to them... any ideas besides rattling the FO again???

Any suggestions... are they saying that they are going to tell Lloyds to take action... or are they actually Lloyds, just in a broom cupboard down the corridoor (bit like Keats in Ashes to Ashes... shame I don't have my own Gene Hunt to fill their office with bicycles!)???

Mum is getting worried she is going to end up in court - can someone suggest something... please?

Bump... anyone??? Sorry for being a nag...

I don't know as much as many of the other people here, but it does seem that if it went to court they would have much of a case against your mum, and although "Going to Court" feels very scary, it might be in her best interest anyway.......Lloyds are not responding to your requests for more information, the DCAs are passing this around like a game of pass the parcel without proving they have any right to the debt. You have complained to all the people you can......have you had response from them? The fact that a payment plan was agreed and was effectively cancelled when it was passed to another DCA is not your mum's fault. The weight of the law is on your side, not theirs, and if they could actually chase this debt throught the courts, they would have done so before.....it's been rumbling on for ages!

Somebody else will be able to provide better answers, but tell your mum there is nothing to be afraid of from these hideous bullies. They have no teeth.

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday, and all is well!

Thanks for the response... Lloyds are ignoring every letter we send to them with reference to the complaints on the alleged outstanding amounts they are chasing (musical debt collection agencies, using the CCA fee against the account etc) They made us jump through hoops to get the SAR stuff (including sitting in the branch for over half an hour while they searched through the safe for it)... I haven't even started looking through it yet (not sure what I should actually be looking for if I am perfectly honest)... Westcot have even offered to come round and collect our doorstep on the other alleged Lloyds debt - I can't keep up with who is supposidly collecting what for who... we have a whole concertina file just for this junk... I feel my head may explode... guess it is back to the FO and ask them to act... :o/

It is a big mess, and also a headache. We have had an ancient debt resurrected and it is a total nightmare, so I empathise.

As this is not your debt, you may be able to be a bit more objective about it (the problem we have is with an old business account of my hubby, from before we met)

What we have done is to sort all the paperwork out into date order so we can see the proper trail of everything that happened. It is time consuming, but I have to say I felt better once we'd done that. It means you are reading through things and getting to grips with what you need to know.

I know that if it was my Mum in this scenario she would not have the first idea how to deal with it, and it would be me and my siblings having to sort it all out, so I really do empathise. As I said before.......don't allow them to bully you. You are in control of this, not them, and there is nothing the DCA can do UNLESS it goes to Court.

You really do need to sort out the bundle of stuff from Lloyds......sort it into date order and try and seperate the two accounts. Look for when payments have been made, what agreements are on paper. Once you have it in order, you will then know if there is information there about who now owns the debt(s). If the DCAs are "acting for" LTSB, then deal directly with LTSB. If the debt has been sold, you need to see the Notice of Assignment (NOA) to prove the DCA has the right to collect the debt.

If they decide to take this to court, there is time to put a defence together. The guys on here are fantastic. I only know what I've learnt this week!

Take care, and let us help you to help your mum

Sarah

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday, and all is well!

Thanks Sarah... I have already taken on Barclays for her and won, now I have to take on Lloyds, as well as dealing with them for my two alleged debts as well... sometimes I could quite happily have a bonfire!

Will sift through the paperwork... with the cat's help!

:)

Don't know whether this helps anyone, but I originally got the "is this you at this address" letter off Wescot. I never replied, then got a demand for payment blah blah.

Cut a story short, I have had all the same exact letters as you have had Morgana, yet I've not even replied again after the first time. The original demand I just asked them to prove I owed it, and since then just a natural progression of letters up to Nelson Guest offering a 50% reduction. I dont acknowledge anything anymore.

What im saying I suppose is don't worry about it, and may be time to not reply at all until you get your request fulfilled.

My letters have all arrived within 8 weeks, and been used making paper Machier models for the kids.

The more you reply now on in, the more they will carry on without progress me thinks

:lol:

As useful as indicators on a submarine, a chocolate fire guard, and ashtray on a motorbike, another good line to use against them, as much power as a used lightbulb! Brilliant..

There as dim as candles with wicks that wont burn