• Tweets

• It would help us to advise you if you fill in the sticky that dx100uk posted yesterday, then we can start looking at this. It's also worth sending off an SAR [click on the letters for further information] to Met, so that you have all the information for later. You don't want to be trying to get hold of it in a rush. HB
    • so I need to return the questionaire   Do I go for the remediation fre eoption or straight to court?   is there a guide to filling this out or do i just go with what i think? (ie. judege, get all papers, make a decision)  
    • Thanks for replies people, I think i will hold tight for a bit.
    • Can I please have advice on how to deal with Forecourt Eye.  Received a letter claiming I drove off without paying for petrol three months ago...there is a picture of me at the pump and me clearly offering my card to pay - apparently I only paid for some snacks and then left. Its also for a very odd amount 23 - I did check my account and I was charged 1.50 for snacks. I obviously had every intention of paying and for some reason either the transaction didn't go through.    I am kind of fuming about this as I had no idea and if I did not pay I have no idea what the circumstances were , but not a 'drive off' as described by Forecourt Eye. I have no issue paying for the petrol if the payment for whatever reason did not go through. In fact we visited the garage on advice of a friend who has a legal background and offered to pay, the lady behind the till called the manager and we spoke to her on the phone where she robotically said its 'the way it is now and it goes to Forecourt Eye' I then said I am contractually obliged to pay you, not Forecourt Eye.  We are visiting the garage again when the manager is there and will offer to pay again.  Interestingly when we called in the lady behind the till asked if I had called the garage the day before about the matter- I said no that was not me, so somebody else clearly  has had the same issue, I can't see drive off's being that common in any petrol station! So I know I am not the only one.    I know calling Forecourt Eye is not advised, I visited a shell garage yesterday ( really not wanting to ) made sure I had chip and pin and made sure I knew exactly what was being entered into the machine. They now have their threatening posters all over the pumps, basically making them or the garage responsible for any mistake...
    • Today is the last chance for those aged between 20 and 25 to nab themselves a free four-year railcard by opening an account with Santander.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

NO overdraft?

dnbdubs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5254 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

im stuck for the last few months ive doing what everyone has and trying to reclaim bank charges, it would seem I went 2.84 o/d even though i dont have an overdraft and now owe 900 odd pounds, just because i was away, surley they cannot ass theese fees if i never had an o/d, also when it got to 300pounds I phoned up and agreed to make a payment plan which they agreed and said there would be no more charges from now and i could pay, the next day 152 pounds was added on and went from there, ive requested the telephone recording which this was said on, obviously stating data protection act blah blah blah, they are refusing to reply or give it to me i send all my letters recorded, so i have the reciepts and copies of theese letters, then a few days ago i got a letter from Trident Credit services (Natwest DCA) saying thankyou for setting up your £20 a month "6 month temporary agreement"....????????? any help ive sent like 20 letters ive had 2 replies i refuse to speak on the phone to Natwest. Obviously now i cant persue my refund of charges i was hoping i can use this recording against them to atleast get it back down to 300 pound or even the fact that i never even had an overdraft to get rid of it all.......:mad:

Who said you can't reclaim your charges? Someone on the tv perhaps? If so, they're wrong. There is plenty of information on the site about how to do this, but personally I would wait a few more days to let the dust settle a bit more.

Your post is a bit difficult to follow - some paragraph breaks would have been helpful, but £2.84 escalating to £900 is ridiculous. Do you have all your statements with details of the charges?

When you made a request for the telephone recording, did you make a formal request for information - a SAR - and did you send the £10 fee? When did you send it, and do you have confirmation it was received?

For now, just send Trident the 'account in dispute' letter and then ignore them. Unless Natwest have told you to pay them, don't, and it's up to you if you pay Natwest.

If you haven't already done so, now would be a very good time to move your account elsewhere.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

sorry about paragraphs lol, yeah i just assumed the final ruling means i cannot go any further and i did have a look around and its seems like people are just figuring other ways around.

I have all the statements i have ever had, I made a formal request but did not send £10, I sent it 2 weeks ago. I checked with the post office and it has been recieved.

Ahhh forgot to add when I wrote to Natwest I told them to confirm Trident are allowed to collcet monies from myself, but the agreement also says that monies are to be

paid in branch over the counter? Im trying my best but im only 19 lol cant deal with theese sort of debts !!!!!

Originaly I offered to pay £84 pounds per month on the phone then obvously the charges kept coming after she said there wouldnt be any more and I made the woman confirm 3 times that there would be no more charges and all charges are included.....I never even had an overdraft surley they cannot persue this because its there fault for allowing it to go this way?

Have you moved your account yet? If not, do it now, like today. Once your income is going elsewhere they can make as much noise as they like but they will no longer be able to help themselves.

Find the template letter for a SAR, adapt it to include a transcript of all telephone calls and the one where they agreed no more charges in particular, and send it off with £10 a.s.a.p.

For now, don't worry about who to pay, just get the above two things sorted. And stop worrying - it's only money. They can't put you in jail or kill you for it, so what's the worst that can happen? You get annoying letters (ask for help if you're not sure if/how to respond) and annoying phone calls (either don't answer the phone or refuse to go through security) and that's it.

The whole point of this site is to help whoever needs it. You're in the right place.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

thanks, yeah my income goes into my wallet now instead of theres lol (except they have done somthing now to my credit report to stop me getting another account in other banks!!) so i have a cash card account with hsbc :(

Ive now recieved a letter containing the word "sorry" on and sumones writing up a full report on the whole situation. soooo looks like theyve listened to the recording, I still need it so im going to send the Subject Access Request with the £10 incase they try and slither them selves around it. Appreciate all the help

Good point, nunnyrose. Sorry I missed that one.

A straight case card account has the advantage that you (in theory) can't get in a mess again. Fingers crossed they do sort this out for you, but before you accept anything (even an apology!) let us know what they've written in case there's something else they should be doing, e.g amending your credit file.

RMW

yes i was over the age of 18 when i went overdrawn i am now 20 birthday the other week lol, ill keep posting updates as they come in like i say im just waiting for this woman to write up a report and see what the next step is, ive now sent the subject to access letter with the £10 via recorded delivery...

RESULT TODAY got a letter back from natwest appologising for everything awarding me everything back except £100 pounds to be paid within 14 days, and the default notice removed from my file...still no Telephone recording and they beat around the bush on all my complaints but im not that bovered if its gonna get rid of 800 - 900 od pounds