£100 fine for parked on the line

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hope someone can help me

Just been shopping in my local matalan and in there for five minutes came out and there was a fine on my car.

It was issued by excel

I was parked I admit slightly on the line but the car park was empty and there were loads of spaces

When I opened the ticket it was for a hundred pounds, I cant beleive it.

I went back in the store and asked to see a manager, she seen the car and agreed I shouldnt have got the ticket and gave me a letter to confirm this.

I am going to appeal does any one have any ideas templates, I cant afford to pay

You've been ticketed by a private firm who have no power to make you pay. General advice on this forum is not to bother appealing. They will send you a series of letters which sound more and more serious, then if you ignore them, one day they will just give up.

So that's going to be the advice you get - ignore everything.

By all means, complain to Matalan. Tell them it's put you off ever visiting their store again. It won't make any difference to what they've already done, but applies a little bit more pressure on the shops/landowners to stop hiring companies like this, especially if they think it's losing them revenue.

Or, if you prefer, just let it be.

to touch your credit file they will have to take you to court (99.99% unlikely) and win (99.9999999% unlikely) and then only if you did not pay.

PPC's operate under contract law and this gives them big problems and court is a very rare occurance as they are well aware thast the odds are not in their favour

In reality it is the PPC sending out everything i.e. the initial invoices followed by the standard DC letter with follow ups by the Solicitor. It is all done to make it look official and frightening

Ignore works

How much did they lose financially for you parking slightly on the line in an empty car park? Nothing. They can sue you for exactly nothing at all.

Expect a series of nagging threat-o-grams from them, debt collectors (them again) and 'solicitors' (guess who). Laugh louder each time you get one. But do not under any circumstances whatsoever be even slightly tempted to phone or write to them in any way at all.

Cheers for that will do

The manager of Matalan said they were issuing about ten tickets a week at this site, its money for old rope then

wonder how many pay up

and why does it say on the ticket you can not pay the attendant,

no sign of the little s@@@ though when I looked for him

Because Excel want your money - they don't want one of their employees pocketing it.

Surely Excel wouldn't employ unscrupulous people would they?! if so, I am sure he would have been promoted to their head office immediately. :D

Surely Excel wouldn't employ unscrupulous people would they?! if so, I am sure he would have been promoted to their head office immediately. :D

...and then he would issue a decree that none of his staff can get their mits on the money first :)

They are getting away with it because not enough people know it is a [problem] yet, I nearly paid NCP for parking crooked! Till I found this site, just ignore it and tell all your friends about this forum.

I think all my fellow workers now know and all my customers!!!

How much did they lose financially for you parking slightly on the line in an empty car park? Nothing. They can sue you for exactly nothing at all.

Expect a series of nagging threat-o-grams from them, debt collectors (them again) and 'solicitors' (guess who). Laugh louder each time you get one. But do not under any circumstances whatsoever be even slightly tempted to phone or write to them in any way at all.

thanks everyone much appreciated

is it best then to ignore every letter that comes or

answer using the templates in the sticky

If I can get away without the hastle of sending recorded delivery letters that would be easier and cheaper

Give me strength!!!!!!!!!:mad:

:D

There are no fake parking 'fines'. What you have is NOT a fine. It is an invoice. They are not allowed by law to mention the word FINE because it isn't. so they use the word 'charge' and use identical layout and colours (yellow/black) and identical sticky envelopes to make it as authentic as they can.

But, you cannot polish a turd and it is a worthless piece of crap nailed to your windscreen. Nothing more or less. The antiques roadshow won't give it much value, except for entertainment.

They are just hoping to bully you intoi paying. They will mention 'ccj' etc.

Well, if I take you to court you COULD get a CCJ. BUT, only if you owed me money AND the judge orders you to pay AND you don't!

• 3 weeks later...