Natwest Demanding Repayment Of Overdraft

TheJester84
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5305 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As mentioned above, Natwest sent me a letter a few weeks ago requesting re-payment of the joint overdraft I hold with them (between myself and recent ex)

As mentioned I recieved it a few weeks ago and am now getting very close to the 28 day mark. I am just wondering is there anything that I can do what with the bank being mostly publicly owned? I do intend to pay back the overdraft as you would expect but over a course of time as all at once it is a bit much.

This is the letter they sent, any help would be great

img009.jpg

img011.jpg

img012.jpg

img013.jpg

Hi,

Are there any charges you could re-claim on the account.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

What is the background to this? Why are they taking this line. Also, of course, as MD52 has asked, are there any charges?

Why have you blanked out the amounts? I think that it would be helpful to know this

You say "mentioned above". There is nothing mentioned.

Oh. Maybe you are referring to the title of the thread.

I read this letter as notification that your account was being frozen except for credits so there must be some serious history here.

Divulging at least some of this would help us to help you, but in any case it seems pretty definite that your overdraft is going and the bank won't enter into any debate about this. To answer your question about public ownership, it won't make any difference in this instance.

Thanks for the help guys, sorry the amount is roughly 1700, there are some charges that I suppose I could re-claim but not many. TBH I thought that this has pretty much come out of the blue we were pay regularly into the account untill we one day could use the account and received this letter

The very fact you have been going over your overdraft tells me you must have some serious charges somewhere down the line.

Send off a SAR letter and lets find out.

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/48-bank-templates/110--data-protection-act-1998-subject-access-request-

You could also adapt this 'Account in Dispute' letter and send that too.

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/580-letter-when-bankdca-attempt-to-collect-on-penalty-charge-situation

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

While you are writing to them slap their wrists for suggesting that you pay off a debt using a credit card, contrary to OFT guidelines on debt collection.

Plus, if you were intending to pay back the overdraft gradually then make them that payment offer. They might just accept it. But definitely don't pay them more than any charges they may have levied. Hopefully the test case will be over before you reach that point.