Lowell/Hamptons Statutory demand - old EGG debt *** WON + COSTS *** 2 years later - SD Issued again !!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4282 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured if they do turn up, they should have already provided me with paperwork - as they haven't, if they turn up with any tomorrow, I will ask if I can submit copies of my paperwork to them at a later date.

Any tips on how to handle the judge??

Good luck today Vera.

Be confident, sit up straight and refer to the DJ as Sir or Maam, depending if it's a man or a lady.

The courtroom will be a small office with the DJ sat behind a desk and you and "the other side" in front of the desk. It's a very relaxed room and not like the courts at the Old Bailey.

Support this great site where free invaluable advice is provided.

I've saved £1000's because of this site...so could you.

Good luck V...

I will be thinking of you today...all the best and you will be fine even if they turn up they prob wont have anything with them..as i said before even if they do have paperwork the judge will most likely adjourn so that you can read.

Please post up as soon as you have news xxxx

• Haha 1

CAG Depends Purely Upon Donations. Please help us to continue helping you, and give what you can - Thank you:grin:

Click to donate

Please click my scales, if you feel the need;)

Right a bit calmer now. As I said Lowells did not submit any paperwork or turn up to court..

Although It wasn't quite a walk in the park, I went into a room that resembled a court room that is seen on tv with just me and the Judge (who was also a middle aged woman). She advised that Lowells had not turned up and asked why I wanted the SD set aside. I said to her that I had a disputed debt with EGG and had not received any paperwork from Lowells to prove that they had bought the debt. NOA/TN/DN. She asked if I was aware of all the news on the Consumer forums regarding unenforceable agreements, I said I was aware and she asked if this was the reason I disputed the original debt. I said as I has SAR'd egg a number of times and only received statements CCA and screenshots recently and that various companies had since been chasing me for the same amount it was hard to know or understand what had gone on with the original amount.

She said she would set aside the SD but this would not stop Lowells from still trying to collect the money - although if they tried to go down the court route they would need to have all relevant paperwork in order.... (She then sort of smiled at me as if to say "cant see that happening")

She awarded all costs £281.00 and told me that this should be paid within 14 days of them receiving the order...

I thanked her and she thanked me and I then left.

Was in there about 10 mins total but the courts were very busy and scary..

As I said I then went for a "posh" coffee to celebrate and settle my nerves..

Thanks to MJ, MM, Lilly and Humbleman and everyone else for all your help and encouragement.....

Edited by vinegarvera

great news and well done and sorry your question went unanswered yesterday

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Vera,vera, vera....

Whooooppppeeeee...i bloomin' well knew you could do it!!!!:D See now dont you feel 100% over the moon...to think you were not going to go!:eek:

I am so happy for you...feet up with a large vino tonight..have one for me

love mj:)

CAG Depends Purely Upon Donations. Please help us to continue helping you, and give what you can - Thank you:grin:

Click to donate

Please click my scales, if you feel the need;)