Internet Trolls - An Opinion

F_DCAs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5238 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This thread's more for discussion and debate than anything else.

Over the last couple of days, regular posters will have noticed there's been some furore over at whocallsme.com, and specifically the Lowell page.

I use the name 'A None E Mouse' - I've never felt the need to use another name, much less pretend to be someone else.

It's obvious that the positive voices for Lowell on all 14 pages - 'Kacey', or 'Andy', or 'Simon', or whoever it is today - are all one person. The same mistakes in spelling, grammar and articulation give the game away.

I do believe that the person concerned IS affiliated with the DCA Industry. After all, we get trolls here from time to time, and the pattern is always the same -

1) Pretend to be reasonable and empathetic

2) Try to put a positive spin on the company they represent

3) Try to cajole the customer into a payment plan

4) Fail at the first three points when other readers notice what is being said and provide contrary advice or a different opinion

5) The site regulars call the troll out at his/her own game, offering correct interpretations of legislation/rights of the debtor

6) Petty, vitrolic, slanderous assumptions about the dissenters' personal lives and heard-it-all-before rants about 'defaulting ****'

It's truly amazing how quickly this pattern can occur - I remember one guy from AIC a few months back who went right through the first five stages in the space of 15 minutes!

Most likely the guilty party is a contemptuous, bitter call-jockey who takes too much abuse and too little commission from whoever he/she speaks to on a daily basis.

Consequently, this person spends his/her spare time taking out that pent-up frustration on those (namely CAG) who he/she sees as responsible for his/her decline.

That said, it's also entirely possible that the DCA Industry is actively encouraging (possibly even bankrolling) disruption among consumer sites. It may even be that management themselves are the ones doing it.

And it's possible because CAG IS hurting their industry and they're left reeling.

Many of them are suffering drastically reduced profits, some are just about breaking even, and some (AK) are operating at a loss.

So, they're getting nervous, desperate and are trying to find any little way to claw those few more pennies back - even if it means going to websites and deliberately misleading people in the hope that those pennies will come in their direction. Whocallsme has a lot of that.

But, here at CAG, we can play them at their own game, and moreover, we can do it better than them. Not just because of combined increased awareness of what our legal right actually are (not what the DCAs would have us believe!), but because we can argue a point better than them.

They want to troll public sites? Not only can we put a stop to that, but we can put the boot on the other foot as well.

We can all see what they are, the turmoil they cause, and how shallow they and their whole rotten industry is as a whole. Strip away that 'official, professional, legal, fair and balanced' facade and what are they left with? An impotent, powerless empty shell - a big nothing!

And they don't like to be faced with the reality of the situation. So, when angered, they slip up, they lose grip, they lose money.

It's been a long time coming, too long. I for one, don't have a shred of sympathy for the problems they're facing, and if a DCA - or more than one - shuts up shop completely, then good!

And long may their decline continue. I hope their industry NEVER picks up, and the same goes for the clients who employ them.

Message ends.

• Haha 1

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely agree.

The thing that gets me is how counterproductive their behaviour is. All they do by trolling like that is to show thmselves up for the nasty and ignorant industry that they are. The one person from DCA that did behave decently ended up getting a Full & Final, where I was happy, and they undoubtedly made a profit. All the rest got nothing and now it's all Stat Barred. You'd have thought that it might have dawned on some of them by now that trolling forums, and nastily arguing with anybody that dares to put a different point of view is hardly winning friends and influencing people, and just hardens people's attitudes, as it did with me :rolleyes:

And of course, the great thing is that the more activity on the threads, the higher the Google rankings, and in turn the more people will find us and learn to stand up for themselves and not bullied anymore. Now isn't that a peach of an own goal? :-D

Can anyone click me to a link of one of their posts as Im pretty sure it ws a KACEY that PM'd me when i first became member on CAG!

Their posts tend not to stay 'Live' on here for too long.

They make themselves far too obvious and are quickly flushed out and removed once the poster becomes purile in nature..... was going to say puriler but not sure if thats even a word :p

If the PM you received was questionable in form you could ask the site team to have the log checked and 'possibly' have the I.P addy blocked from further nuisance making.

Gez

i realy can not understand internet trolls

ime like a dog with a bone with a certain car finance co,

now and again i get a troll appear only for there true identity to appear with the usual reterick.

they know my true identity as ive made no secret on it so

why dont they come onto the forum, all open so we can have a healthy debate and answer our questions

only yesterday i was reading a thread about id fraud and vodafone,

vodafone replied to the thread directly with a contact number to try and sort it out

if vodafone can do it

why not other companies

ps Puriler isa cool word im gonna se it from now on !! No idea what it means tough but im guess dcas are PURILER!!!

Lol.......I'm just waiting for Bookie to tell me I'm being purile for suggesting such a word exists ;)

I now have reason to believe that the payday companies have rumbled my real identity, and have sent a couple of trolls to me to find out what letters I use to do snowballing on debts (or rather did....) however I need a bit more info from them and never send the 'real thing' to a gmail or hotmail address...

Trolls are alive and everywhere unfortunately, but spotting them before they do harm to the sites they like to hate is cool.

After all isn't it us who were instrumental in getting the Credit Today forum taken down to members only? They trolled us and didn't like it in return!

Puerile = silly or immature, especially in a childish way

And if this adjective was to be made into a verb then

Puriler would = sillier or more immature, especially in a childish way

& Puerilest would = silliest or most immature, especially in a childish way

personally I think the trolls on here(the male ones anyway) need a boiling hot teaspoon inserted inside their foreskin

LOL!:D:D:D

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

A lot of mine did as well, but it had the desired effect of wiping most of her's out as well.

I remember the Ron Today trolling - they didn't put up with that for long! No, they don't like comments that tread the party line.

Pity - I enjoyed it while it lasted. Not sure if they'll be taking on my ideas for next years awards on board, like 'Most belligerent, ignorant staff', 'DCA who just won't go away', or 'Most likely not to have their Consumer Credit Licence renewed'.

Troll baiting is cool, and it can sometimes offer a nice diversion from normal threads. But the main reason is that it just makes us even more determined, and that winds them up even more still.

There's only the one bully on there. Due to the same lack of education and same flaws in basic English, it's the same person.

Unless they're cloning themselves through inbreeding, which is entirely possible as well.