Power 2 Contact.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5320 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a quick question on this as I had some dealings with power 2 contact a year or 2 back.

Just taken this from credit solutions / p2c's website:

We have all the tools you would expect for Trace activity, including:

• BT OSIS Database – allowing new telephone numbers to be acquired and also enabling discreet neighbour tracing.

Note the bold part - is that actually legal?

Not 100% au fait with a a lot of the legalities, so more intrigued really

Thanks

I think its a tarted up way of saying they can call 118 if they get stuck, either that or they have a deal with one of the licensed CRA's.

Only 36 registered users of OSIS and they aint one of 'em

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

No contact from Trading Standards yet. :|

No contact from the Halifax :-x

No contact from Power to collect. :-x

:confused:

Regards

Chris

Well more power to you... i would be fuming at this, infact i would be on a mission. This is totally wrong... :x

Hi,

Can you believe it - these Ar;e Holes have passed this onto another Debt Collection Agency (Albion Collections LTD) :-o

Unbeliveable

No letters from Power 2 Contact or from the Halifax.

No contact from Trading Standards.

Regards

Chris

Sometimes silence speaks a lot louder than words.

Trading Standards are behaving disgracefully, however. They are not paid to lick the backsides of thugs, they are paid to serve the council tax payer.

If they do not even have the decency to acknowledge a perfectly valid consumer complaint then the Local Government Ombudsman will need to become involved.

I'm not surprised they've got shot of the alleged account. They're hoping you'll just scuttle off and leave them alone now you've got another bunch of vermin to deal with.

Bottom line - if you don't get a reasonable standard of service from one idiot, take it to their superior.

SH

• Haha 1

hiya chris

i agree with scabhunter about getting in touch with the Local Government Ombudsman, i have had dealings with them with regard to my council tax and oh boy didnt the council get their act together once i liased with the ombudsman.

actually scabhunter that is a brilliant contact to be mindful of, thank you

just my own experience i know on a different level but hey we are taxpayers arnt we and we should be voicing our concerns and have answers certainly by local government

keep positive laters angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Hi,

This is now becoming a farce.

The Halifax has now two Debt collections agents trying to collect this alleged debt whilst the Halifax are in defult of the CCA request

Power 2 Contact and Albion

Please see the response received just from Power 2 Contact

Dear XXXX

Thank you for your complaint received on the XXXX, we take every complaint seriously and a full investigation has taken place.

I can confirm that we did visit your property on the XXXX and knocked on your door, your son answered the door and advised that you were at the shop across the road and would be back in a couple of minutes.

Upon your return to the property it would appear that there was some confusion regarding access to your property. Our representative has advised you that you requested to discuss this inside, which he took as an invitation in to your property, you clearly felt that this wasn’t the case and upon advising our representative of this he returned to outside your property.

Whilst I appreciate that this confusion may have caused you some distress, I can assure you that we were not intentionally attempting to force our way into your property. I apologise if this visit made you feel uncomfortable, but we were simply trying to facilitate contact between yourself and the Halifax.

All our Contact Manager are given ongoing training and coaching to make sure they act in the most professional manner and conduct their visits with our clients reputation in mind. All recent training and audit reports on the Contact Manager in question lead us to believe that he is highly professional during his calls and there are no complaints raised against him. As we have received this complaint the regional Manager for the area will be conducting visits with the contact manager and further audits will be carried out.

I hope that this has answered the queries that you have raised, however if you wish to escalate your complaint please do so in writing to ------------

:cool:

Any advice on what to do next.

Regards

Chris

Edited by chris5664

Hi Chris , I Think Power To Contact And A Company Called Credit Solution Ltd Are Thet Same Company As Very Often Is The Case, My Only Expereince Of Them Both , To Put A Smile On Your Face Was Receiving A Card From Power To Contact To Which I Promptly Sent A Letter Too , Saying My Account S In Dispute And None Of Their Business And That I Would Charge Them For Every Letter Sent£20+p&p, Have Send Them A Final Demand For Payment , And While Waiting A E Mailed Them Revoking Any Old By Laws For Them To Come Onto My Property And If They Did , It Would Be Trespassing , And To Make Sure They Did Not Come When I Was Hungry , Sent Several Times To Both E Mail Address S , Had A Reply Saying They Have Investigated And Wont Get Involved , But I Still Want My Money So I Am Chasing Them Now For Payment ,

This Is Merely My Ref To Them , Dont Let Them Get To You, Or They Have Won , :)

Hi,

Just to add, next door has just brought a letter around, posted to them by mistake (Post mans fault) from the Halifax saying:-

In response to your ongoing complaint, I am sorry that your complaint has not been resolved satisfactory.

They go on to say that they have passed this onto the customer relations department for a final review.

Perhaps they will send more tough guys around?

Regards

Chris

Dont Think So Ha , All Designed In This Fashion , To Achive The Desired Response , Ie You Pay, Or Fight . You Have So Much Support On This Site To Give You The Desired By You Result Dont Worry Any More Over The Weekend , Concentrate On Your Family , Think About Your Reply And Look At Lots Of Threads To Help With Your Reply , Knowledge Confidence :)

Hi Chris,

As far as P2C is concerned, I think they've given you a measured response and you should move on and concentrate on dealing with the real issue - getting your credit agreement.

If another DCA or collection agent (Albion) has been in touch with you, make this known to TS.

Also, you should make a formal complaint to the FOS (using multiple agents AND pursuing collection when the a/c is in dispute) as these are breaches of the OFT Debt Collection Guidelines.

While writing to the FOS, also complain about the Halifax's failure to supply your credit agreement in response to a formal CCA request. I've seen Barclaycard cases recently were FOS intervention HAS produced the agreement. :)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi,

I wish to thank you all for your advice and in particular Slick.

I will complain again to this cowboy outfit Power 2 Bully and will try to motivate Trading Standards to get there finger out and do there job – and as of the Police!!!! :eek:

Slick is right - the whole point is the CCA, but I am sure you will all agree the practices of DCAs are unregulated and pathetic and need challenging.

If the Halifax or any financial institute has the CCA why not produce it on request, they are trying to fob us off with an application form with no terms and conditions on it.

Thanks so far

Chris