Advantis Credit Help needed pls....

CAAD
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5295 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Please can you advise me if im doing the rite thing! thanks..

2wks ago I received a LETTER BEFORE ACTION letter,saying how I owe £700.00 to Powergen/Eon from a previous address...I defiantly do not so I sent the 'prove it' letter by recorded delivery and today received another letter saying that if i do not believe that i am responsible then i need to send some supporting documentation.They say I need to provide a copy of council tax bills and a letter from my landlord of the time i was at that address.

Wat shall i do now? Shall i wait till Monday,when times up for them to prove i owe the debt with my credit agreement, then send the next ' failure to provide a copy of the credit agreement' letter or what???

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

You do not need to provide them with anything at all.

Only the court has the authority to personal info off you.

Tell them to get lost, if they dont then report them to the OFT/trading standards & send the anti harrassment letter.

Ha I know I didnt think Id have to provide them details about me..I thought they KNEW i owed them money!ha! These DCA's are so out of order bullying people. Thankyou for gettin back to me.

I'm going through the mill with these idiots at the moment.

DO NOT give them any information they ask for, they have no right to it. I have been having problems with them because they have ignored the fact that the account is in serious dispute with another DCA, so I have had to report them to OFT via Consumer Direct.

Contact Consumer Direct and report them, by the way how long ago did you send the 'prove it letter'?

Hiya Delta-Charlie-76, I sent the letter 21st Sept. I checked thru the post office if its been received and it has--do i go from the date i sent it or the date they received it?

They are truly idiots arent they!

Big time!

If they phone, you either put the phone down or if you are brave enough just keep saying to them 'In writing only!', everytime they ask you a question, don't get drawn into any conversation with them.

At the moment they are up for an award by me for the Biggest Bunch of Muppets 2009 Award!

Sorry CAAD its been a long day. Letter 18 the General Debt letter is the one. The onus is now on them to prove that you owe them money.

Like I said before, don't speak to them over the phone, if they phone just put the phone down & if they keep on phoning or they threaten a doorstep visit, there are letters to deal with those in the same place as you found the General Debt Letter (Letter 18). Should one come to the door just tell them to go away in words of your choice! If you get anything back, past it up here and someone with more experience than me will give you more qualified advice & what to do next. DC

• 1 month later...

New Update...And more help needed Please! xxxx

Hiya Everyone ...Well I sent letter 18..the prove it one,then the next letter because they hadnt confirmed my details within that time limit! Then I received a letter from Advantis saying..FINAL RESPONSE.

stating that THEY ARE NO LONGER DEALING WITH MY ACCOUNT,that E-ON HAD NOTIFIED THEM TO CEASE COLLECTION. that THE ACCOUNT HAS BEEN CLOSED AND NO FURTHER ACTION WILL BE TAKEN BY THEMSELVES!!!

But they also let me know that Utility companies are not covered by the Consumer Credit Act 1974? Is it not?? Wat rights do i have then?

Anyway today I receive a Demand letter from a New DCA, regarding this same account,telling me to pay up etc..

Where do I go from here...

Any help/advice would be really appreciated,thanks.