Yorkshire Bank playing Diiiiirty! Pls help!

Thailand
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6443 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just recieved this letter from the YB, it is obviously of the back of my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) could someone advise??( this is for my mums account)

Dear XXXXXX,

Balance:1276.34

Credit limit:1300.00

We note from our records that your account is due for review and we should be obliged therefore, if you would contact Abingdon street on XXXXXXXX484 within the next 14 days, to discuss the matter further.

If we do not hear from you within 14 days from the date of this letter, your personal credit limit will be withdrawn in full. Sufficient funds must then be paid in to repay any debit balance outstandin on your account.

Blah blah Stacey bettison CAMu Officer.

To compound this my mum has rang and tried to settle the balance for 108.00 a month and is waiting for a response, depite me advising constantly not to communicate with the bank before consulting CAG,

Can anybody help???

They can call in the overdraft at any time, without reason. It sounds exactly the sort of thing Yorkshire Bank would do.

They haven't paid a single claim out to anyone on this forum yet and they are stretching every claim out as long as possible, even only making 50% offers after the AQ has been filed.

Bank of Scotland: Claiming £699.47, SETTLED IN FULL at moneyclaim stage

Sisters NatWest - Claiming £1056 - SETTLED at AQ stage

Natwest CC - Claiming £804, SETTLED IN FULL at LBA stage

GF Natwest - claiming £749.33, moneyclaim filed - SETTLED IN FULL 04/08

MBNA: Claiming £150 - SETTLED IN FULL at LBA stage

HSBC: £1014 - SETTLED at LBA stage + pending charges removed

Sisters HSBC - £300 - SETTLED IN FULL at prelim stage

Yorkshire bank - claiming £496.68 - SETTLED IN FULL at court date stage.

Capital One - claiming £605.54 -SETTLED IN FULL

DON'T FORGET TO DONATE!

They make it as hard as possible don't they! YB accepted the offer of 108.00 but in that time I talked her into saying she can only afford 10.00 a week (which she can). The YB bloke was less than impressed and gave her 48hrs to submit a Income/expenditure to him. My mum couldn't go tomorrow so I had 2 hours to prepare this - so no time for CAG advice, Aaaargh!

Anyway I came up with this:

To whom it may concern,

I refer to my telephone conversation with a Yorkshire Bank representitive, regarding the review of my Yorkshire Bank account. He advised me to bring an Income/expenditure breakdown within 48 hours, and I duly comply.Please find as follows.

Income

xxxxxxxx

Expenditure

xxxxxxxx

(this left 56.89 in the kitty)

I'm sure you can appreciate that this list is not exhaustive and some costs vary day to day, and have not included charitable donations ( they can see these on her statements, i'll leave that to the bank if they see those as justifiable costs etc).I would ask if you would accept 10.00 per week to lower my overdraft as I realise I must pay it back. Due to the nature of my disabilities I cannot return to work, and needless to say I have not got any spare funds if you were to close my overdraft. I hope you will be able to help with my request.

Yours Sincerely,

I was also concerned that we might never see the document again so I printed off two and made him stamp and sign the duplicate, he did not seem very happy about this! nor the fact I was there to support my vulnerable mother.

Could anyone advise if I have made an error, or what any relevant steps would be at this stage? Thanks p.

Take action, start disputing the amount, write to them telling them you believe that most of the amount is caused by charges, then get your statements and work it out. If it is in dispute, then they should wait until it is resolved before asking you to repay it.

Do you have your S.A.R yet..?

Won....:D:D:D...£3778.50

Thanks for the response.

See sig re: timescale probs but no S.A.R yet - they have until 12th October.

Thanks for your advice but do you think it would be better to see if they accept the offer first? It would make my ma feel better! if they do decide to close the overdraft, and not accept, wouldn't they need to advise 28 days notice? or something along those lines - and then put it in dispute? many thanks

12th october? That's 59 days from now, do you mean September?

Bank of Scotland: Claiming £699.47, SETTLED IN FULL at moneyclaim stage

Sisters NatWest - Claiming £1056 - SETTLED at AQ stage

Natwest CC - Claiming £804, SETTLED IN FULL at LBA stage

GF Natwest - claiming £749.33, moneyclaim filed - SETTLED IN FULL 04/08

MBNA: Claiming £150 - SETTLED IN FULL at LBA stage

HSBC: £1014 - SETTLED at LBA stage + pending charges removed

Sisters HSBC - £300 - SETTLED IN FULL at prelim stage

Yorkshire bank - claiming £496.68 - SETTLED IN FULL at court date stage.

Capital One - claiming £605.54 -SETTLED IN FULL

DON'T FORGET TO DONATE!

• 4 weeks later...

Recieved the SAR, and the £10 arrangement was accepted, LPA sent to which my mum got the standard response: Sod off>counterclaim>T&C's etc.

Should I send this?

Dear Mr bank worker,

I am very sorry for being a naughty girl cos I didn't mean to hurt anybodys feelings. I don't want to go to court because thats really really scary and I left my teddy at Butlins and I couldn't go without him anyways.Plz plz sir. I had my birthday party yesterday so there is lots of cake left over and we won't be needing any money this week so you can have everything in my account. I am so silly for losing my terms and conditions but I found them today and can see your terms are more than fair and transparent and I really don't know what I was thinking of - I am so soz. I am due to go tuppence overdrawn today plz charge me

GRRR sarcastic rant over!

In my real LBA does anybody think it would be a problem to state ' I would like to bring to the banks attention that we have agreed a settlement to reduce my overdraft by £10 a week, and that any further action regarding this account must be agreed by myself as this account is in dispute'.

I want to put that in because I am sure they will try something on, and would like to try and stop it before it starts?

Thanks.