Ultimate Finding Company

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4842 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Just Googled them, not too clever by the looks of it.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Have received a call from UFC (Ultimate Finding Company) who wish to sell my timeshare. They state that they will never ask for money up front but I still believe it is a [problem]. Anyone heard of them?

Keep well clear of these people.

Ask yourself this question, why would anyone want to buy my Timeshare ?

Even on E-Bay you cannot give them away.

The whole Timeshare industry seems to be full of [problematic], so do not believe any cold callers. These firms are springing up all the time, under different names but probably run by same people. So beware.

• 1 month later...

hi there ive just been contacted by them but ive got a gut feeling nothing is right ive read about them n they all bad they want a cc to hold 300 euros n said i would get it back for some reson i dont belive them im gonna seek proffesinol advice before i do anything thanks anyone who has gone trough with it

There are two basic rules.

The first one is thata cold call to you saying they have a buyer is a [problem]. Once you have sent the money - the buyer pulls out and you find you have signed a contract for marketing.

The second rule is that anyone who asks you to call at their premises - whether in this country or abroad is also a [problem].

There the story is that they say your timeshare is worthless and will help you get rid of it by you paying them to join their holiday club.

Remember those two basic rules.

There name has cropped up on another site (TimeshareTalk Forums )

They are asking for 1200 quid upfront which they say will be refunded on completion of sale. Yeah.

There is no address on their incomplete website only a premium rate telephone number.

With this info, they are definately [problematic] do not get involved with them.

Give me 500 quid and I will do the same as them and send you a postcard as well !!!!!!!

JUST IGNORE THEM IF THEY CONTACT YOU.

• 2 months later...
Have received a call from UFC (Ultimate Finding Company) who wish to sell my timeshare. They state that they will never ask for money up front but I still believe it is a [problem]. Anyone heard of them?

Hi,

I have just had a call from this company telling me they have a buyer for my timeshare. Told me he had someone willing to pay £3,500 for my time share and he would send me a contract in the post this week all I had to do was sign it and send it back, and the money would be in my bank within 6 weeks. This guy gave his name as James Miller with a phone number 0871 2445178. But they had to take out an insurance to make sure that I would'nt default on the deal after they had paid me. So he wanted a credit card number so he could take 1200 euros out of my account which would be paid back after they had received my documents. As soon as I said I was'nt prepared to give him any credit card details he hung up. So beware the time share [problematic] are still out there

jaybee44

• 2 weeks later...

Just fallen for it unfortunately. A very nice lady who gave much the same spiel as jaybee44. I even got a call back just to confirm all the details. I have now queried the transaction with my credit card company in the forlorn hope of getting a refund.

• 1 month later...

Here is our story on a different [problem] by Ultimate Finding Company

If you are on holiday in Nerja, Spain and are approached by someone asking you to complete a questionnaire and are offered scratch cards to win a no-obligations prize...run away. If you purchased a membership in Principle Travel from the Ultimate Finding Co (ULFC) within the last 7 days...demand a refund right away. Promises made during the sales pitch or follow-up meetings will not be met.

In a nutshell, here is our experience. We purchased membership in Principle Travel a so called exclusive travel club on the promise of access to 4* self-catering units worldwide at a rate of ₤76 /wk and deep discounts on other holidays. After the purchase, we were told the rate would be from ₤76 /wk. We expressed concern right way and we were told not to worry as this rate would be available 99% of the time. After several attempts, we have been not been able to book any units at ₤76/ wk. We were deliberately misled by ULFC before the sale to make the deal and after the sale to make sure we did not invoke the 7 day cancellation clause in the contract. We have communicated our concerns to ULFC and Principle Travel and requested a full refund and review and action by senior officials. Both requests have failed. Therefore, we feel compelled to tell our story in the hope that others will not fall into the same trap.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there

We fell for this holiday club story of £76.00 per week in May 2009 although they used the name essential travel but it is the same crowd. Our paperwork was not delivered until the afternoon before our 7 day cool off period ended when I contacted them they told me it was not a [problem] and I was to go and look online again and would see all the lovely apts for £76.00. When we came home I knew they could not offer what they promised I contacted my credit card company under misrepresetation consumers credit act section 75. They tried twice to get the money from ULFC at this point they put the money back into your account but when ulfc dispute it they take it out again. We are now at the financial ombudsman stage were we are trying to make the c/c company pay up as they are jointly liable with the seller. Even to try and get a final letter from the c/c company was a nightmare but just keep going. It has been a long haul for £1590 but I am hoping it will be worth it in the end.

thanks for sharing your story, we also are trying to get our money back from Visa. We also filed a complaint with RDO an organization which represents honest and legitimate timeshare and holiday organizations and is trying to shut down others ( such as the ULFC) which are tarnishing the reputation of the legitmate organizations. You may wish to do the same. I figure if more complaints are received, the greater the chances of action. You can check out RDO at www.rdo.org and if you make a complaint you can email it to [email protected] Good Luck

Thanks for this and I will check out RDO and make a complaint anything that helps get this lot sorted is good. We go back to Nerja in May and are so looking forward to talking to everyone we meet and telling them about the lovely time we had there last May.

We have been approached by Ultimate Finding Company saying they have a buyer for our holiday club membership (we stupidly paid 6K for with a promise of getting the money back after 4 years - obviusly we never got a penny. They have offered £7,250! - having checked them out this must be another [problem]..................

jaybee44 - thank you for the information - I now know when the nice lady calls again what she will be asking for! and she will get sweet nothing but a confrontation of YOU [EDIT]. The phone number is the same as you stated 0871 2445178 but the nice ladies name is Victoria Stott. The first call we had was from T S World - and the woman's name was Sharon and she said they would send details by post but nothing came but then we had the second call today from Victoria Stott of the Ultimate Finding Company saying they had a buyer of the name of Mr Crawford and they would be taking a 30 percent deposit from him - Mr Crawford if you are out there don't pay it.

Edited by Conan2
additional information

• 7 months later...

Could everybody who has been scammed by ufc and principle travel please contact me. I intend to get as many names as possible so that i can hand it over to watchdog and other legal groups that deal with these types of ****

• 3 months later...

I have been conned out of £1000 by Millenium Marketing Group / Ultimate Finding Company. They cold-called wanting to buy my time-share for £8300, but we had to put £1000 down for securing the deal in case we backed out of the deal. I agreed to sell as it appeared to be a respectable firm and I needed the money as a pentioner not using the holidays. I gave my credit card details over the phone like an idiot and now I cannot get hold of them and don't know what is happening. So all you nice ppl out there be aware and don't fall into the same trap as I did.