PUZZLE - Book Quiz

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5330 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right, you burnt through the monopoly quiz and clearly had fun, so here's a new one I've just knocked up.

The answers are all famous novels. Now, I know that one man's fame is another's obscurity, so I have selected only well known books. Against my better judgement, I have also not included any works of poetry, short stories or essays; these are novels only.

The clues are cryptic, and relate in some way to the title of the book. Note that whilst some may be obvious, some of them are puns, and some are sneaky lateral clues. And possibly some Red Herrings too.

You can use any resource you lke to answer them.

01 - Rules over the Olympic face, perhaps? (Lord of the Rings - solved by Maggie moo)

02 - Some teenagers, sure, but what purpose the octogenarian? (1984 - solved by locutus)

03 - Tempests, far above (Wuthering Heights - solved by Maggie moo)

04 - MacCormack's public mask (War and Peace - solved by PGH7447)

05 - Septuple sagacious supports (Seven Pillars of Wisdom - solved by Spamalot)

06 - A communist office? Nearly... (A Study in Scarlet - solved by charleyfarley)

07 - Grab that woman among the crops! (Catcher in the Rye - solved by locutus)

08 - That Raven is laughing at you as it drinks shots (To Kill a Mockingbird - solved by Maggie moo)

09 - A chivalrous Family head? (Don Quixote - solved by Maggie moo)

10 - It's bang on time for that fruit (A Clockwork Orange - solved by Maggie moo)

11 - A bountiful landing spot, perhaps? (Treasure Island - solved by saintly_1)

12 - Grab twenty as well (Catch 22 - solved by Spamalot)

13 - An unexpected change to the usual Jamie (Oliver Twist - solved by locutus)

14 - Does it manufacture a poc, Rita? (The Wasp Factory - solved by Maggie moo)

15 - Fresh, bold and spherical! (Brave New World - solved by saintly_1)

16 - An old flame or an unwanted sac? Maybe both. (The Exorcist - solved by SOD'EM)

17 - The man in charge of trouser zips, perhaps? (Lord of the Flies - solved by locutus)

18 - Hateful? frightened? play the games! (Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas - solved by locutus)

UPDATE: Obviously, the harder ones are left, so I've included additional clues in Green to help you out.

Edited by Tezcatlipoca

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 lord of the flies?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Snap :p

07 catcher in the rye?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

13 oliver twist?

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

is 18 Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas?

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

02 1984?

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Is 14 The Mikado? Clutching at straws here :p

to

C.A.G. Toolbar