Utilities Trust Fund

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5356 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the case ofUnited Utilities has anyone applied to the Trust Fund and been refused as their water charges are collected by Landlord as part of the rent?

I am researching this matter as it seems some Water Authorities are denying help to those whose councils etc collect the charges.

Many thanks and good luck to allof those in trouble.

Stirling2005

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all - Anyone had any success with UUTF for electricity debts?

Also, don't suppose anyone knows if Eon has a grant fund to help pay arrears - Been googling all day but cannot find anything!

Thanks in advance for any advice...

Donkey

Hiya,

Yes i have got help with UUTF but for water only as they wont really offer any help for other bills unless its really bad situations so to speak, i dont know anything about Eon as not with them but dont UUTF list all that have trusts when get there answer phone ??

Not sure if any help

Tiggys. :)

• 4 months later...
Hi, there is a trust fund for gas and electricity. When I first became ill a few years back the CAB gave me the application forms to fill in and they filled in a part relating to them. I received a grant somewhere in the region of £2,500 it paid all of my electricity and gas bill.

There is a clause that they will only assist if by doing so you will be able to meet future payments. In other words it's a one off payment for arrears and by making this payment you have a clean slate where by you can then paid future bills.

Please contact your CAB as they have all the forms and will help you fill them in they will also explain your circumstances and will add a recommendation.

good luck

thats interesting, I wrote on my claim that I had been confirmed move up from p/t to f/t position so would be able to manage future bills, - still refused help???

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

Many thanks for that and it is good to hear some folks are actually receiving help. What I need however is feedback from those who pay their water charges to their landlord/council and have applied to the Trust Fund. I am looking into how much these people are receiving or not as the case may be.

Thank goodness my water charges are up to date but some cannot afford to pay and risk homelessness because of this.

Many thanks to everyone who has replied to date.