Jobseeking for Lone Parents now Compulsory

samsmoot
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5191 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

childcare doesnt apply to 14 - 15 years olds as it isnt needed DUR - anyone who has brought up kids in a normative fashion will be aware - and if your friend has 'held back' these kids she maybe subject to social welfare enquires which i wouldnt stop

I would also like to point out that she was and is willing and able to work evenings and weekends, thus complying with JSA rules and her Jobseekers Agreement. There should have been, according to the Secretary of State, adequate childcare provision available so that my friend could actually take up work were it offered her. The fact that there is none is the reason her JSA claim was closed.

oh just to add to make you feel better but not the nation as a whole flexible working conditions are indicative of corporate control, do you and your friend really want that. how is it she can work evenings and weekends, tell me who provides childcare in these hours, my word she must be shattered working all week and then doing nights and weekends - your arguement doesnt hold pet. get a job

flexable working conditions such as part time evening work or weekend work afford insecurity in jobs, financial control from bussiness and is ultimatly detrimental to individuals through expliotation and society as a whole, is this what you support?

i ask again, DO YOU WORK

Its hard as alone parent and I just hope the lady mentioned gets some advice to take the pressure off.

Thank you for the vote of sympathy, loopinlouie.

Some forum members have been very helpful so far, and I can only hope that someone is able to make reference to the correct statute/s to be quoting in the appeal.

why do you ignore those what i now presume is outside your box?

flexable working conditions such as part time evening work or weekend work afford insecurity in jobs, financial control from bussiness and is ultimatly detrimental to individuals through expliotation and society as a whole, is this what you support?

i ask again, DO YOU WORK ?

and samsoot befor you answer yes it is relevant as you expect taxpyers to pay for home ed but dont contribute yourself seemingly

jack1966: I would happily debate with you the merits or otherwise of home education - I will start a new thread on the subject if you want - but I would really like to try and confine this topic to the relevant issues. I don't think that straying from the questions on the legalities involved will be fruitful.

And nor will shooting the messenger:)

home ed affords restriction on socialization - home ed costs tax payers like me - home ed is unregulated and anything goes - so there maybe no structure no nothing - however as you may also no there are new laws going through parliament to shred the wheat from the chaff in home ed - there maybe regulations restrictions coming into force very soon - im sure you will enlighten us - the tax payer pays for home ed - im a tax payer - do you work and help pay for home ed?

I think there was some mention of a Human rights issue earlier in this thread?

I do know that when it comes to appeals for benefits that the both the first tier tribunal and the upper tier tribunal have no jurisdiction to consider human rights issues. There is a very recent case (for a different benefit) where the upper tier tribunal set aside the first tier tribunal's decision because they introduced the human rights act into the proceedings and the favourable decision. That judgement is now being used in other appeals where the appellant argues human right issues. The legislation by which they have to work to does not cover human rights issues. this would have to be dealt with in a higher court. A time consuming and possibly costly process.

I'm not trying to be negative nor am I giving any opinion on your friends situation. Just pointing out that I don't think the Human Rights argument will get your friend far at tribunal stage. The legislation simply doesn't allow for it.

• Haha 1

home ed affords restriction on socialization - home ed costs tax payers like me - home ed is unregulated and anything goes - so there maybe no structure no nothing - however as you may also no there are new laws going through parliament to shred the wheat from the chaff in home ed - there maybe regulations restrictions coming into force very soon - im sure you will enlighten us - the tax payer pays for home ed - im a tax payer - do you work and help pay for home ed?

So would you like to take this elsewhere, then?

I think there was some mention of a Human rights issue earlier in this thread?

I do know that when it comes to appeals for benefits that the both the first tier tribunal and the upper tier tribunal have no jurisdiction to consider human rights issues. There is a very recent case (for a different benefit) where the upper tier tribunal set aside the first tier tribunal's decision because they introduced the human rights act into the proceedings and the favourable decision. That judgement is now being used in other appeals where the appellant argues human right issues. The legislation by which they have to work to does not cover human rights issues. this would have to be dealt with in a higher court. A time consuming and possibly costly process.

I'm not trying to be negative nor am I giving any opinion on your friends situation. Just pointing out that I don't think the Human Rights argument will get your friend far at tribunal stage. The legislation simply doesn't allow for it.

Thank you for taking the time to respond, fairclaire. I thought the Human Rights issue relevant, but from what you report that seems unlikely in this context. Do you think that the HR issue would help at Judicial Review? And would that be the next logical step should the appeal fail?

samsmoot. I am worried as are others here that your friend is missing out. I think they are trying to say that human rights at the moment is not putting bread on the table. How will they soon eat and pay the bills unless this is not the issue and an income is comming in. Do you see if I funded myself for months I obviously did it some how, savings or absent parent maybe.

When I had my kids I didnt expect to be funded in the way I am. I didnt expect any rights at all when split from my partner, I was suprised that I was offered the support I luckily got as in house and financial support. I am grateful for what I get, but realsie although I get stressed due to illness that things are changing and I am the worst to panic till the umpteenth person has explained it to me.

But if when split and asking for help I had said no to giving the details of my partner to claim the money to income support which funded me I would have treat a lot more harsher as introduced that I was now in the real world rather than dealt with with a cushion I got. I know I have mental problems and actually went through a stage where my demons would not let me answer the door, I was told by social services my kids were missing school and they were worrying.

All I had to do was open the door and people helped, thats what your friend needs to do, think of the kids and do what she is advised. Fine go down the humam rights route but make sure she has her benefits first.

Sorry rant over, I do go on, but try to help as others here always help me.

I was only advising as to the human rights issue as it came up in the context of my employment recently. Unfortunately I'm not qualified to say what the next step would be nor at which point the human rights issue becomes relevant. My work only takes me as far as the UTT.

I would rather be straight and say i don't know than give you duff info. I work on the other side of it so to speak i.e i work for the government. I will check this out for sure tomorrow at work but I think the next step would be the court of appeal. Bear in mind that when it gets to this stage both sides usually have solicitor and barristers involved etc. The DWP would certainly have legal counsel, so anybody taking them on at this level would certainly have to consider doing the same.

:( I sound all doom and gloom don't i? Sorry, just being realistic in my experience. Maybe your friend needs to take some proper legal advice from a suitably qualified person

samsoot i know you may mean well but your a blocker of rights, these girls have a right to know their father, they have a right to recieve monetary assistance in the form of child support - have you told your friend this, have you told your friend that she maybe entitled to hundreds a month why and how doesnt she know, she seems very very vunerable and sorry but you cannot protect her, seemingly your doing more damage. if i knew where your were i would report you for abuse, and i could do that.

Thank you for the input, ErikaPNP.

I would like to point out that the Secretary of State is not complying with his promise to ensure adequate childcare for all Lone Parents moved onto JSA. The intention was there to provide the childcare, so obviously a need was seen for it. The fact of it not being provided is like pulling the rug from under one's feet - many agencies were concerned about the lack of childcare provision for older children, and was one reason that the Social Security Advisory Committee recommended that the new Regulations should not be implemented. My friend is unable to comply with the conditions for JSA due to this failure, which is beyond her control - as her circumstances are.

I believe, but am not certain, that a Regulation such as this one cannot override the Primary legislation that has always sought to take care of those that need it by way of a minimum amount of income to survive on.

The Secretary of State provides perfectly adequate chilcare facilities for all children between the ages of 4 and 18 it's called a SCHOOL. From October all lone parents with children over 7 will have to be actively seeking and available for work. I am a lone parent and have always managed to work around my son's schooling

I have no wish to get embroiled in the moral debate that's going on here.

Samsmoot has asked for opinions/advice on her friends situation with regards to benefits etc. That's what the forum is for after all. We all have personal opinions and we're entitled to have them and air them as well in the right place.

I come here to get help and advice from others and very occassionally am happy when I can return the favour. That's what so great about this site.

This is all getting very personal and it might be better if we all stick to the practical advice that samsmoot asked for

yes lone parents need to look for work and find it - they need not always be lone and the majority arnt - parents of 14 - 15 years olds are almost up in their parenting anyway, yes it hurts ive been there it does become over and they move on - what will your friend do then?