Cooking with Halogen Cookers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3191 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, DH tested the oven today with Sunday roast. Can't post a picture as never had a chance before the thing disappeared.

Now the beef was from Sainsbury's counter so might have been better quality than usual, but folks that beef was amazing. Tender and juicy and tasty, Oh. My. God. Possibly one of the best roasts I have had in my life. :-D

posted for sheba.dog on a 12" dinner plate

Ribs done sunday evening , season with garlic , pepper etc only

( and they were PORK , Lion ribs wont fit in his Halogen )

ribsonblue1.jpg

Edited by kiptower

Thanks for the turkey recipe, can't wait, woo-hoo!

Not to sound ungrateful, Kip darling, but any chance of resizing the pics a bit before posting them on the thread? They do take rather a bit of scrolling on a smaller screen. ;-)

posted for sheba.dog

his lunch today

roast beef was cooked in the Halogen and cut up on our food slicer for him put in bags of 6 slices and frozen ( just take out freezer when needed )

yorkies and roasties done in the Halogen

gravy and mixed veg done on the normal cooker

Quote from sheba.dog " i aint a big eater honest"

and yes he cleaned the plate :rolleyes:

P1030081.jpg

Actually, any idea where I can get a recipe book FREE? Every search leads me to subscriptions or memberships or *gulp* BUYING books! :shock:

Maybe its time the CAG halogen cooks put a site together, either a lot cheaper than the opposition of on a a donations basis :).

It all looks delicious and I will be considering adding a halogen cooker to my equipment when funds allow :).

come on Bookie what ya cooked this weekend :rolleyes:

Warning sheba.dog got 5 kilo's of chicken breasts yesterday , stand by for the picture's of what he did with them in the Halogen,

Edited by kiptower

sneek preview ( from Sheba.dogs kitchen ) about 3.5 / 4 kilo's of breast in the bowl with greek yougurt and tandori powder marinading in his fridge now

chickeninyougert.jpg

Edited by kiptower

OH has said were not allowed one as it not a proper cooker.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

he does cook he use to work as a chef at centre parcs and he taught me.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

I must admit when I first say them I thought it was a gimick to be honest, tried one when they first came out about 15 years ago, and it was rubbish,

them 6 months back Sheba.dog had seen them on tele and bought one , brought it over and we spent an evening making cakes and a few other things, and I have to admit I was surprised, I then went to Makro as it was on offer that week and got myself and Fivenecks one

as you can seen by Fivenecks and Sheba.dog they have had great results

We also cook a lot in it , only complaints we had wife prefers the way we cook beef and lamb in the oven , very well cooked and no blood showing ,

but Halogen is used a lot in commercial kitchens / cookers so its not a new thing , also a lot of combi microwaves use halogen for the heat side.

the one we talk about on here is a table top version and in our house its in addition to the normal cooker

Chicken Turkey Saus's etc are very good because it keeps the moisture in the meat and the fuel costs of cooking are reduced by upto 50%

some chef's like them some dont , but to be honest I woun't eat some of the food most chef's produce , meat still red in the middle , dribbling gravy like a picture on a plate and a small spoonfull of each thing , just about enough to feed a little dog :rolleyes:, oh yeh i have 2 0n the left

Edited by kiptower