Parking Charge Notice from Central Ticketing (Ltd)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5259 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

Having browsed the forums I thought I would post my own thread for certain specific advice if at all possible. I have done a bit of research on Central Ticketing Ltd and the appear to not be the most reputable of companies to say the least.

Moving on to my actual ticket. I have recieved a "Parking Charge Notice" for £100 (£65 if within 14 days) for being a "None Patron" at the site it was issued on.

I was parked for around 20 mins and did indeed leave the site at one point. The car park is a free car park by the way.

I am unsure of any evidence the may or may not have collected.

The colour of the vehicle is incorrect as is the location. Does this make a difference?

The ticket says its £65 within 14 days otherwise £100 in 28 days and if payment still not recieved then £160 and legal preceedings (where further costs will be added). It mentions requesting the RK to give the details of the driver at the time and failure to do so will result in £100 being charged.

What specific advice should I follow? Or should I follow the standard advice at the moment. I just looking for a bit of reassurance / advice on my specific case and I am thankful in advance for any help and advice recieved.

Edited by JOLEE

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can reassure you that your case is no different to all the other ones on here involving Central Ticketing or any other private parking crooks. Colour of vehicle, location and other "evidence" are irrelevant because it is all a [problem]. Do not even think about contacting them, let them pay the DVLA for the keepers name and address, then ignore everything that they send you, which will include increasingly desperate threats from "debt collectors" [not bailiffs, no powers] and dodgy "solicitors". If you ignore them long enough they will go away.

£100 for not telling them who the driver was, thats a new one! :lol:

"It mentions requesting the RK to give the details of the driver at the time and failure to do so will result in £100 being charged." Desperate times for them to say this. Complete bilge from them and a new breach of Consumer Regulations to add to the long list of PPC sins. Ignore them.

Hi all,

Many thanks for your advice. So the best option is to sit and wait and see what letter they send.

The only other thing slightly concerning me is any photographic / video evidence they may have - not so much of the car (as it was parked legally in a free car park) but of me entering / leaving the car & site etc. Does this make a jot of difference or am I overworrying?

Hi all,

Many thanks for your advice. So the best option is to sit and wait and see what letter they send.

The only other thing slightly concerning me is any photographic / video evidence they may have - not so much of the car (as it was parked legally in a free car park) but of me entering / leaving the car & site etc. Does this make a jot of difference or am I overworrying?

You are overworrying. It makes no difference at all.

Keep ignoring, keep smiling.

Hello everyone,

Having browsed the forums I thought I would post my own thread for certain specific advice if at all possible. I have done a bit of research on Central Ticketing Ltd and the appear to not be the most reputable of companies to say the least.

Spot on.

I was parked for around 20 mins and did indeed leave the site at one point. The car park is a free car park by the way.

So their actual loss is £0

I am unsure of any evidence the may or may not have collected.

The colour of the vehicle is incorrect as is the location. Does this make a difference?

No

The ticket says its £65 within 14 days otherwise £100 in 28 days and if payment still not recieved then £160 and legal preceedings (where further costs will be added). It mentions requesting the RK to give the details of the driver at the time and failure to do so will result in £100 being charged.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

What specific advice should I follow? Or should I follow the standard advice at the moment. I just looking for a bit of reassurance / advice on my specific case and I am thankful in advance for any help and advice recieved.

Just ignore these clowns, any problems post back.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Hi all,

Correct

The only other thing slightly concerning me is any photographic / video evidence they may have - not so much of the car (as it was parked legally in a free car park) but of me entering / leaving the car & site etc. Does this make a jot of difference

No

or am I overworrying?

Yes

regards

Guest Old_andrew2018

As posted by other contributers dont worry all Private Parking companies go away after a time.

They cant afford to waste their time chasing money from someone who knows their rights, its much easier to chase some poor $0d who is ignorant of his/her rights.

Andy

Hi.

As the above posters have noted-its a [problem]. All photographic evidence etc is irrelevent and trying to 'charge' you for not disclosing who the driver is is shocking but not surprising-but it also shows how desperate they are for your money. It also shows how PPCs use bully boy tactics to intimidate people into paying-especially as it was a free car park. They have lost no revenue.

Do expect some more correspondence however. These people do not give in straight away. CT may send you some more threatograms followed by some from thier DCA who will send some more. These letters will put the amounts you 'owe' up to bigger levels- again to pressure you into paying. Stand firm and they'll disappear :)

Or you could disclose who you think the driver was? Are you sure you didn't lend your car to Alan Johnson c/o 10 Downing Street ? Perhaps if the home secretary started to see the tat that comes from this unregulated circus then he might actually get on with it!!!

Or you could disclose who you think the driver was? Are you sure you didn't lend your car to Alan Johnson c/o 10 Downing Street!

What happened to Gordon?:eek:

regards

Hi.

As the above posters have noted-its a [problem]. All photographic evidence etc is irrelevent and trying to 'charge' you for not disclosing who the driver is is shocking but not surprising-but it also shows how desperate they are for your money. It also shows how PPCs use bully boy tactics to intimidate people into paying-especially as it was a free car park. They have lost no revenue.

Do expect some more correspondence however. These people do not give in straight away. CT may send you some more threatograms followed by some from thier DCA who will send some more. These letters will put the amounts you 'owe' up to bigger levels- again to pressure you into paying. Stand firm and they'll disappear :)

Thanks for the additional advice. I'm doing my best not to worry about it!

Or you could disclose who you think the driver was? Are you sure you didn't lend your car to Alan Johnson c/o 10 Downing Street ? Perhaps if the home secretary started to see the tat that comes from this unregulated circus then he might actually get on with it!!!

What happened to Gordon?:eek:

regards

Haha, if I thought that might work I'd try it ;). I'm sure all the government have got plenty of their own tickets!

At the risk of sounding callous - should I avoid parking here altogether if I plan to leave the site at any time or should I not worry myself and collect these Parking Charge Notices like confetti?

I have to admit I am a bit worried about parking there again but theres no other suitable parking anywhere near!

You can collect them, but bear in mind the risk of court will increase if you notch up a couple of grand's worth. Small chance they could just take a punt, hoping you won't defend.

Central Ticketing are very unlikely to try that though. Never heard of them doing court.

If the car park is for customers only though, it is fair that you shouldn't park there if you're not one.

I'm not planning on by the way - was just after an answer as was curious mainly (although I can see it would be rather amusing to collect them as a big middle finger to them).

The thing that annoys me is I am a customer at least once a week. And they penalise me for the occassional time I leave the site. That stinks as far as I'm concerned - especially as it was at a time when the car park wasn't even half full!

Next question - by being defiant regarding the original Parking Charge Notice they can't do something silly like find my car and stick a clamp on it can they?

Next question - by being defiant regarding the original Parking Charge Notice they can't do something silly like find my car and stick a clamp on it can they?

No

No

Thanks for the clarification letshelp :). I think I slightly worried after reading up on clamping. Having done some research in to alternate locations I have found a couple of small areas without restriction (thank god) however more and more car parks seem to be employing these clowns (or people like them).

Am I also right in believing that to clamp you (say for example you were parked there again and overstayed your welcome / went off site etc etc) they would have to have a notice saying about the possibility of clamping?

Am I also right in believing that to clamp you (say for example you were parked there again and overstayed your welcome / went off site etc etc) they would have to have a notice saying about the possibility of clamping?

Yes, and the signs must be clear and prominent.

HELP PLEASE!

I parked for 15 minutes in a private residential area in Ediburgh (One of the worst cities in the UK for car parking and congestion!). I Couldn't find a parking slot, came back and found a parking notice on my windscreen issued by Central Ticketing advising I pay £65 within 14 days or face paying £100 within 28 days of the date of issue. The issue reason was "no permit" which i agree. They advise on the ticket that I can appeal, but from this and other posts am not sure if there appeal process is credible.

Can you please advise if I shoud pay it or ignore it? Is the ticket a legal document?It makes reference to teh Administration Act 1970 so that may imply these crooks do have some legal powers.

If I ingore it, wait and see what they do, should I ever respond?

Thanks