Is email acceptable as a method of cummunicating with DCAs?

Adam69
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5350 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Just wondered.... I have sent emails to a DCA chasing for a SB account. The email was sent over a week ago but they have tried to call 2-3 times this week.

If it goes further, can I use the "sent" box of the email account as proof that I did contact them? With a letter sent registered, you would reasonably expect it to be read/processed within a day, but what about emails, given that they are delivered immediately? Of course they didn't click the return receipt box!

I intend to send the email as a letter by recorded next week, only my printer is shot and I'm too tight to buy another when I have perfectly good free to use printers at work!

Any and all thoughts welcome.

Thanks

Adam

Any advice or opinion given is done so in the spirit of goodwill and assistance, but please note I'm not legally trained or qualified, only hoping to help. My advice or opinion is based on experience in my life, and research from forums such as this and other useful sites.

Please seek professional legal advice if you are in any doubt about what to do next with your personal case.

There are many threads on this forum to help you and I do recommend searching around to see what steps others have taken. You're in good hands with CAG-

buy a ConsumerActionGroup.co.uk email address, and help to keep this forum going!

If you like what I say, feel free to give those scales a tickle :-)

emails are perfectly acceptable but you may find you get the response you did! :(

Far better to send a letter Rec. Del. Do not sign, print or use dig. sig. Also tell them that you wish all communication to be solely in writing in future & that all tel. calls are recorded & any attempts to communicate further in this way will be viewed as harassment for which you may seek legal redress. (Harassment Act 1997 & Admin of Justice Act 1970)

Edited by foolishgirl
addition

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

Although email is cheaper and quicker it is far better to use recorded delivery for sending letters to a dca.

By all means email them a copy of the letter as well so that you are double covered.

:!: Activ Kapital 2009 - £316 debt cancelled due to no credit agreement

:!: TNC Legal Collections (Swinton) - £61 written off due to complaint being upheld with the FOS

:D Be Happy and treat people exactly how you would like to be treated

:mad: Don't let people take advantage of you and stand up for your rights and beliefs

:p You only live once so don't take things so seriously

Just wondered.... I have sent emails to a DCA chasing for a SB account. The email was sent over a week ago but they have tried to call 2-3 times this week.

Yes perfectly acceptable...ignore their phone calls, but keep a log. If necessary just send them the same email that they have failed to respond to, and do it everyday if needs be!

• Haha 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Some good points thanks.

I will be sending the letter via recorded as soon as I have access to a printer, ie tomorrow.

I'm aware they might possibly decide to harass me by email, so I chose the email address carefully ;)

Something else to consider is using an electronic tracking service. I won't mention the name in case it is considered an advert, but it adds a pixel into the body of your email which sends a log to a server- you can then tell when the email was opened, for how long, how many times, if it was forwarded, the IP address, and possibly the geographical location. Apparently it is admissible in Courts as evidence. If anyone wants the details, PM me (no, I'm not on commission!).

Any advice or opinion given is done so in the spirit of goodwill and assistance, but please note I'm not legally trained or qualified, only hoping to help. My advice or opinion is based on experience in my life, and research from forums such as this and other useful sites.

Please seek professional legal advice if you are in any doubt about what to do next with your personal case.

There are many threads on this forum to help you and I do recommend searching around to see what steps others have taken. You're in good hands with CAG-

buy a ConsumerActionGroup.co.uk email address, and help to keep this forum going!

I set up a "one off" hotmail account to deal with 1st Cretins....if you always send to the enq@1st etc email address you always get an automated response so they can't say they haven't got it! 1st have responded but only to say they won't correspond that way and can I send address and date of birth! yea right like i'm going to do that when they are obviously phising!

Anything important I would always send by recorded delivery but send a copy by email as well.

Good luck :)

Just a brief update:

The calls stopped when I forwarded the email and advised them they were in breach of various things; also send a hard copy today by recorded delivery, noting that the time limit I gave for a response started, as far as I was concerned, on the next working day after sending the email.

Maybe the email address was effective, worth the fiver which went to a good cause..... ;-)

Edited by Adam69
spelling!