I think I may have annoyed Mercers a little!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5271 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is a case of all of us naively assuming big companies work within the law.

I haven't actually got a thread of my own, jdmgraphix, joined in with gardengal, because we both had pre-1974 BC's without agreements in line with CCA1974.

Loads of advice on here and I've just read, sent appropriate letters and filed all their assortment of replies (with envelopes), threats, illegal default notice, logged all calls (never speak). Building up every bit of evidence to show the courts if I decide to take it there (or if they are stupid enough to take me).

It's only a small debt so I can afford to bide my time, waiting for them to get caught. Your discovery is priceless, though!! Wonder if more of us should complain to CH? Would it help? We have a guest arrived.....

Nothing from Companies house so far....

Do you think i should e-mail them and ask how it is going?

I'd give them a week to deal with this. They will no doubt be making enquries with Barclays.

Does anyone have a document from Mercers or Barclays dated before 1 January 2009 asking for payments to be made to Mercers Debt Collection Limited?

• 2 months later...

2 months on...Mercers, to Calders, now Westcot (at the exact time I gave them the 7 day final notice to supply SAR's in full!!). So far, I have put the a/c in dispute after CCA request/fee, refused to pay, sent them 2 CPR letters, SAR letter/fee, which only produced statements. Last week sent the LBA to which I got this (old pre 1974 a/c) passed to Westcot - who then sent me a bully boy letter threatening usual stuff.

In addition, a 'polite' letter from B'card relating to my new(er) a/c, with ref. to my CCA request (re-iterating why they don't have to send me one) and ref. to my CPR letter, saying they don't have to supply anything in my case!! No mention of data, which is what the letter was for....

I've read so much on these forums and thought I'd done everything in the right order - I have a massive file with everything kept, dates, phone logs, copies of all letters/envelopes. The DCA call every day but I just log it, NEVER answer.

Please can someone help with my next step?? I think it's time to act but do I tackle B'card head on or just take it to court? Should I first report them to the ICO, FSA etc. to show the courts I have done ALL I can?

I know they won't have an agreement for the oldest card(pre-1974) but the newer one was opened in 2003. They sent me statements from the beginning - very few charges on that one - but I am paying an agreed lower amount each month for a tiny interest charge, so don't want to upset them too much. At least that balance is reducing. I was able to negotiate because they closed that a/c without explanation, which made me cross, so I pleaded poverty and they agreed to half the min pmt + 0.25% int. But now, I suspect there is NO agreement for this one by the way they are reacting....?? Wonder if that's why they closed the a/c 'at random' (which was their explanation at the time).

Going back to the oldest a/c (in dispute, with DCA, no payment since last April) I did a charge schedule, with interest, which comes to pretty much the same as the 'alleged' debt. We're only talking 1k here, but over half are for £12, can I still claim these? There seems to be uncertainty here.

So, I feel I have several modes of ammunition but i really need someone cleverer than me to help put them in order, please!!!

I know B'card are the toughest. Lloyds were lambs in comparison - SAR's complete with statements, personal details, phone logs - everything, all sent by carrier within 40 days. So, why can't B'card do it??? Also, Santander (GE money) have just ignored my SAR letter, not cashed my cheque, not responded to my LBA!!! Their time is definitely up but that's another thread.

Post #28 - I have letters in 2007 and 2008 from Mercers and they ask for payments to be made at either a Barclays Bank, visit their website or send a cheque with barclay account number on reverse doesn't say who to make the cheque out to.

• 4 weeks later...