• Tweets

• i dont think the reason why the defendant lost the case means anything at all in that case. it was a classic judge lottery example.
    • Hello, I will try to outline everything clearly. I am a British citizen and I live in Luxembourg (I think this may be relevant for potential claims). I hired a car from Heathrow in March for a 3-day visit to family in the UK. I was "upgraded" to an EV (Polestar 2). I had a 250-mile journey to my family's address. Upon attempting to charge the vehicle, there was a red error message on the dashboard, saying "Charging error". I attempted to charge at roughly 10 different locations and got the same error message. Sometimes there was also an error message on the charging station screen. The Hertz 0800 assistance/breakdown number provided on the set of keys did not work with non-UK mobiles. I googled and found a bunch of other numbers, none of which were normal geographical ones, and none of which worked from my Luxembourg mobile. It was getting late and I was very short on charge. Also, there was no USB socket in the car, so my phone ran out of battery, so I was unable to look for further help online. It became clear that I would not reach my destination (rural Devon), so I had no choice but to find a roadside hotel in Exeter and then go to the nearest Hertz branch the following day on my remaining 10 miles of charge. Of course, as soon as the Hertz employee in Exeter plugged it into their own charger, the charging worked immediately. I have driven EVs before, I know how to charge them, and it definitely did not work at about 10 different chargers between London and Exeter. I took photos on each occasion. Luckily they had another vehicle available and transferred me onto it. It was an identical Polestar 2 to the original car. 2 minutes down the road, to test it, I went to a charger and it worked immediately. I also charged with zero issues at 2 other chargers before returning the vehicle. I think this shows that it was a charging fault with the first car and not my inability to do it properly. I wrote to Hertz, sending the hotel, dinner, breakfast and hotel parking receipt and asking for a refund of these expenses caused by the charging failure in the original car. They replied saying they "could not issue a refund" and they issued me with a voucher for 50 US dollars to use within the next year. Obviously I have no real proof that the charging didn't work. My guess is they will say that the photos don't prove that I was charging correctly, just that it shows an error message and a picture of a charger plugged into a car, without being able to see the detail. Could you advise whether I have a case to go further? I am not after a refund or compensation, I just want my £200 back that I had to spend on expenses. I think I have two possibilities (or maybe one - see below). It looks like the UK is still part of the European Consumer Centre scheme:  File a complaint with ECC Luxembourg | ECC-Net digital forms ECCWEBFORMS.EU   Would this be a good point to start from? Alternatively, the gov.uk money claims service. But the big caveat is you need a "postal address in the UK". In practice, do I have to have my primary residence in the UK, or can I use e.g. a family member's address, presumably just as an address for service, where they can forward me any relevant mail? Do they check that the claimant genuinely lives in the UK? "Postal address" is not the same as "Residence" - anyone can get a postal address in the UK without living there. But I don't want to cheat the system or have a claim denied because of it. TIA for any help!  
    • Sars request sent on 16th March and also sent a complaint separately to Studio. Have received no response. Both letters were received and signed for.  I was also told by the financial ombudsman that studio were investigating but I've also had no response to that either.  The only thing Studio have sent me is a default notice.  Any ideas of what I can do from here please 
    • Thanks Bank - I shall tweak my draft and repost. And here's today's ridiculous email from the P2G 'Claims Dept' Good Morning,  Thank you for you email. Unfortunately we would be unable to pay the amount advised in your previous email.  When you placed the order, you were asked for the value of your parcel, you stated that the value was £265.00. At this stage the booking advised that you were covered to £20.00 and to enhance this to £260.00 you could pay an extra £13.99 + VAT to fully cover your item for loss or damage during transit, you declined to fully cover your item.  Towards the end of your booking on the confirmation page, you were then offered to take cover again, to which you declined again.  Unfortunately, we would be unable to offer you an enhanced payment on this occasion.  If I can assist further, please do let me know.  Kindest Regards Claims Team and my response Good Afternoon  Do you not understand the court cases of PENCHEV v P2G (225MC852) and SMIRNOVS v P2G (27MC729)? In both cases it was held by the courts that there was no need for additional ‘cover’ or ‘protection’ (or whatever you wish to call it) on top of the standard delivery charge, and P2G were required to pay up in full for both cases, which by then also included court costs and interest. I shall be including copies of both those judgements in the bundle I submit to the court next Wednesday 1 May, unless you settle my claim (£274.10) in full before then. Tick tock…..    
    • IMG_2820-IMG_2820-merged.pdfmerged.pdf Case management was this morning. Here is the Sheriff’s order. Moved case forward to 24/05.   He said there was no signed agreement and after a bit of “erm, erm, yeah but, erm” when he asked them, he allowed time for sol to contact claimant.  what is the next step now? thank you UCM  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome Finance Question.

pwg6565
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2443 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a very strange call really and not even the branch manager or accounts manager. In fact just a bod and he almost seemed embarassed asking me for money. Anyway did not budge and told them the account was in dispute and will not pay until the unlawful charges they have charged me over the years are paid back and removed and Complianace are dealing with that and NOT the local branch !!!

Good afternoon all hope you all had a good weekend. How did the calculating end up Postgg ??

Bump

Talking of figures not adding up. Just been going over paperwork again and my agreement states £ 246.44 per month for 300 months. Total amount payable £ 50787.38. If you add up £ 246.44 x 300 = £ 73932. The re-write was £ 23163.17 so if total paid was £ 73932 that was interest to total £ 50769. That cannot be legal and I was never explained any of these figures or given a cooling off period !!!!

Payment of Price Breakdown..

Credit/Cash Advance £243.96

Acceptance Fee £ 2.48

Insurance £ 0.00

Total per month £ 246.44

Total paid for acceptance fee £ 744.00.

Any calculator news Postggj ??

Thought you may have probs, I have gone over and over and cannot make any sense of one loan to another. Thanks as always matey and very much appreciated !! Welcome must have good accountants to make these figures work.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello pwg 6565. I think (but don`t quote me) most people on here think FOS are too slow to do anything positive. Some times they take up to a year.

Court costs. And could be too intimidating for some. I`ve noticed you around and I don`t think going that way would bother you.

My own way of thinking, right or wrong. Is that I would love them to take me to court. I have got so much on these Scumbags and our agreements. I would just love to beat the ba***ards like that, but then again it does come down to a the judges mood on the day.

To tell you the truth I contacted the Ombudsman weeks ago about, both PPI and unenforcement of the loans.

I don`t mind waiting because the loan is in dispute, and I won`t be paying a penny until FOS sort some thing out. In the meantime I will be passing on more & more snippets to FOS as the weeks go by. Hopefully ensuring that FOS look properly at everything.

I`ve heard nothing since last Friday when I received a very breif letter from the **** saying that they would contact me in due course, when they have finished helping with the FOS enquiries.LMAO at that. The phonecalls have stopped for now. Then again it`s the end of the month, so let`s wait on that one, when the W****rs want their comission.

I still have a lot of things to ask them about our agreements and how they bullied my Wife, but I don`t know if I can still write to them now FOS have it. Are they allowed to write back in this situation?

Sorry Oppo,bit of a rave on your thread, but eh! F**k Em is what I say.

Cheers, MARK

PS POSTGGJ is back Tomorrow. If I was him, I`d stay away and play with my own dongle for a while longer. lol He`s going to be so in demand. He shouldn`t be allowed time off. lol. What does he do to earn time off LMAO. (what a player).

Help with decisions please anyone...Dont know whether to go down the FOS route for now or hit Welcome with a last warning before legal action letter ??? Help please. I keep sending letters asking for missing documents and requesting answers to unlawful charges but all I get in return is another SAR....FOS OR FINAL LETTER OR BOTH ??? What would you do ??

PWG

dont quote me on this, but if you take it the FOS route, you cannot go via the court, untill fos have finished ... court would be quicker, but you need to show the judge you have been fair in allowing welscum plenty of opportunities to sort their crap out...think post got his hands wrapped off the judge for acting too hastily in this...

Send welcome a strong reminder letter of their duties to comply with your request..see what happens, and hopefully Post and dongle will be up and running soon!!

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

Thanks Post I really appreciate this. I cannot believe I have some elses contract and all personal data including bank statements etc. What should I do with that ?

HI

Definately send a copy to the Information Commissioners Office. I received someone else's SAR, and have sent it to ICO, they are now looking into see if Welcome has breached the data protection act. The more that send in other peoples details will help

Electrik

Thanks Mark,Brassed and Electric for the comments and advice. I am going to have a go at writing a letter and will post it up when I am finished before I send it onwards. I hope Post will be back soon as I would like to add the figures to the letter that are all wrong and I am going to claim all of the unlawful charges at the same time to see what Welcome say. I am also going to copy in the FOS and IMO as suggested by you lot. Lets go the whole hog, I am in no hurry and am not paying Welcome a penny until they comply. Thanks again.

Hi Pwg6565

Should Have An Answer Tomorow Evening

Ive Given Up

Just Cant Seem To Get The Figures To Add Up

My Sister In Law Is An Accountant So She Is Going Over Them

Anyone heard from Postggj recently ????

Hi Postggj. Hope your recovery is on the upward spiral...Will be on and off until 9ish tonight if you have any news matey...Cheers..

Bump FAO Postggj !!!!

i refer to previous correspondance, and in particular to my three requests in which i have made a formal request under the consumer crediticon act 1974(cca 1974)s.77-79 for the true copies of the regulated agreements referered to in the above account numbers. you are reminded that you are obliged to supply these under s.189 of the cca1974 whether you are the original creditor or not. i have also enclosed the statutory fee of £ 10 each time for a subject access request and £ 1 each time for a cca requesticon totalling £ 33 so far.

to date you have failed to comply with mt statutory requests and have defaulted in respect of these disputed accounts(the account is in disputeicon and will remain so until you provide the alleged agreements and missing documents).additionally these alleged agreements are unenforceable until such time as the default is removed or enforced by a court of law.it is a further offence to attempt to enforce these alleged agreements and until such a time as the default is removed.

i also refer to missing information in the subject access request which has been requested on more than one occassion thus far. i have in previous correspondance requested a full explanation of charges to my accounts which i still have not recieved and i intend claiming back the charges which you are declining to confirm which are in fact unlawful. i shall also be claiming interest at the contract written rates.

i must also bring to your attention that i will be passing all correspondance relating to this matter to the f.o.s. and the i.c.o.

i have recieved another persons personal information in your last correspondance which is in breach of the data protection laws and i will be forwarding all of this information to the appropriate organisations.

i am in the process of contacting the persons whose personal dataicon you have sent me to find out if they have recieved my missing documents which you have failed to provide.

consequently i am ceasing all communication with you until such time as these matters are resolved. as you are aware the cca1974 s.77(6) clearly states: if the creditor fails to comply with the subsection (1)(a)he is not entitled while the default continues, to enforce the agreement.

therefore these accounts have become unenforceable at law. furthermore, you may also consider this letter as a statutory notice under s.10 of the data protection act (dpa1998) to cease processing any data in relation to these alleged accounts with immediate effect. this means you must remove all information regarding this account from your own internal records and from my records with any credit reference agencies. should you refuse to comply you must, within 30 days, provide me with a detailed breakdown of your reasoning behind continuing to process my data. it is not sufficient reasoning in this matter to simply state that you have a legal right you must outline your reasoning in this matter and state upon which legislation this reasoning depends. should you not respond within 30 days i expect that this means you agree to removal of all such data and if necessary i will seek enforcement to disclosure cpr 31.16.

you should also be aware that you are not permitted to take any action against me whilst the alleged accounts are in dispute. the lack of a true credit agreement is a very clear dispute and as such the following applies: you may not demand any payment on the account, nor am i obliged to offer any payment to you.

you may not add further interest or charges.

you may not pass the account to a third party.

you may not register any information in respect of the account with any credit reference agencies.

you may not issue a default notice related to these accounts..

This is a rough copy of the letter I intend sending, any thoughts please !!!

I have not recieved any negative vibes about this letter so it is going off first thing in the morning.

..With a copy going to FOS etc...

I will keep you all posted on progress.

. I want to increase my pressure as I know deep down this is going to go the full distance and I am more than ready for that !!!

Some help along the way would be nice fellow sufferers !!!

the letter is fine

when you send it to compliance, address it to complaints,

they then have to reply by law

send the other persons docs to the ico

nice fine for welcom that

you have sent the harrasment letter i take it, so why are they still phoning you

lets move up a gear

pwg

leave this till after the week end and let me put pen to paper

this has been going on for to long

lets end this once and for all

ill be on tomorow afternoon so have your paper work handy

It will go off as usual Postgg recorded delivery and I will follow your instruction. I have sent the telephone letter but it makes no difference but I dont back down any more they can go swing... I have not mentioned by the way that I had no cooling off period with this re-write or the previous loan and my Mrs isnt even on the mortgage or land registry yet they said it was ok for her to sign for a secured loan. I really do not know what they expect from me anymore to be honest. I am bemused.

I will pop on tomorrow afternoon mate and have everything at the ready. Take care and as always I appreciate you very valued help....Hope the knee is getting better.

Edited by pwg6565

It will go off as usual Postgg recorded delivery and I will follow your instruction. I have sent the telephone letter but it makes no difference but I dont back down any more they can go swing... I have not mentioned by the way that I had no cooling off period with this re-write or the previous loan and my Mrs isnt even on the mortgage or land registry yet they said it was ok for her to sign for a secured loan. I really do not know what they expect from me anymore to be honest. I am bemused.

I will pop on tomorrow afternoon mate and have everything at the ready. Take care and as always I appreciate you very valued help....Hope the knee is getting better.

Nice one PW!!...

Sorry ive not been around to assist for the last few days..Him indoors totalled my car the other day, been a little stressfull, to say the least..and...Blinking typical..my pc throws a dickie fit..and i miss the chance of question time with the welcomestaff person:(

Following with interest, as we have a lot in common with our crusade, so to speak..that seem to be running parallel to each others...

will be posting up later on my thread, the last few days events!!;)

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

the letter is fine

when you send it to compliance, address it to complaints,

they then have to reply by law

send the other persons docs to the ico

nice fine for welcom that

you have sent the harrasment letter i take it, so why are they still phoning you

lets move up a gear

pwg

leave this till after the week end and let me put pen to paper

this has been going on for to long

lets end this once and for all

ill be on tomorow afternoon so have your paper work handy

Hi Postggj

I havee been on a couple of times today but have missed you. Will be on again tomorrow afternoon with paperwork in hand so hope you will be about. In the mean time can I post up any more info for you to read ??

Good afternoon all. Hope you are all enjoying your weekend.

Tell me what you need Postggj and I will get it ready for you ??

catch you later pwg

kept you waiting long enough

Hi Post

I have just gone through the most recent three loan statements and I still cannot get any figures to add up ?

24/05/05 - 28/11/06.

£15963.40 loan disbursement

£7010.16 payments made

£8483.85 welcome charges + interest

£17436.40 Correct Balance

£16569.12 Statement Balance.

26/11/06 - 29/07//08.

£21804..12 loan disbursement

£6443.80 payments made

£7175.90 welcome charges + interest

£22536.22 correct balance

£23163.17 Statement balance

29/07/08 - present.

£23398.17 loan disbursement

£3466.28 payments made

£3727.94 welcome charges + interest

£23659.83 correct Balance

£23850.78 Statement Balance

Not one correct figure...I give up !!!!!

I have backed up my FOS complaint which was posted yesterday with an online version this evening. Lets hope they get moving on it and I will get some joy against the Wel**** Robbers !!!!

Standstill Post. I have sent three CCA and SAR at a cost of £ 33. I have only recieved two of each with the second one containing another persons personal data.. I have sent several letters the last one explaining the missing info I requested and that has been ignored !! I have had contact several times from local branch making threats and asking for money but no change in my requests etc. They have not answered my letters regarding unlawful charges etc and none of my statements add up and I think you said a long time ago that I have the wrong contract ? I also did not have a cooling off period for the original loan or the re-write.

Thats it mate really....So far.

Well Its Time To Move Up A Gear

Let Me Know

Its Now Either The

Fos For Which The Account Will Be In Dispute Or

Court

You Have Given Them More Than Enough Rope To Hang Themself

Fancy A 14 Day Letter Before Action And Bring This To A Close

Court Is Not Easy And Can Be Soul Destroying The First Time

Welcome Ignore All Requests, Even From The Court

Its So Frustrating

But Court Is Quicker Than The Fos

Think About It

Its Your Choice

I have already sent off my FOS forms Post with all details included.

I would love to send them another ****ty letter as well please !!

What are your thoughts and with court action which action would we be taking ?

Withholding information or unlawful charges or would it be more specific ie wrong contract etc ???

Sorry mate...One last question. Do the courts prefer it if the FOS are involved ??

I complained a long time ago but sat on the forms to see how things panned out on here. Sent it yesterday Post and followed up with an email tonight.

If it is better to have the weight of the FOS behind us then lets take the sensible route. The account is in dispute and I am not paying a penny until it is sorted out so time is not a factor for me.

I just would like to know what to hit them with. specifically. Which do you think is the most important aspect ? The dodgy contract, unlawful charges or the statements or non compliance of all information ?